DC Cinematic Universe

GalacticPetey

Donkey Kong
That's right. It was just confirmed at comic-con. We have a Superman/Batman movie coming. That's all we know as of now. But it's coming.

Re: Man of Steel 2 / WORLD'S FINEST

I'm guessing Christian Bale isn't going to reprise his role as Batman then.

But hey, looks like we're one step closer to the Justice League movie.

I hope it's more like the Dark Knight films than Man of Steel but I think I'll like it anyway.

Ben Affleck is confirmed to be Batman.

Goddamnit. I'll wait 'till the movie comes out to judge. Nobody thought Michael Keaton would be good Batman, and he was excellent. Everyone thought Heath Ledger would be a terrible Joker. Now all the fanboys claim every other Joker sucks compared to Heath Ledger.

I'm all for giving actors a chance in roles. When Matt Smith was cast for the role of the Doctor, there was a lot of speculation over whether he would be good or not. Honestly I just wanted to see what he would do with the role. Same for Martin Freeman as Bilbo (though there wasn't much doubt with the fandom really), it all depends on whether they're good for the role, in which I actually need to see them act in said role. Again for Daniel Craig as James Bond, and the aforementioned Heath Ledger as the Joker. Now Ben Affleck as Batman. I need to see him in the role before I can properly pass judgement.

Also I think it's pretty hilarious how everyone said "Ben Affleck's gonna direct the Justice League Movie" and he stated "I'm not going to direct the movie" and here he is playing Batman!

There's a ton of speculation about Bryan Cranston playing Lex Luthor. Nothing is confirmed, but I think he could pull it off.

About Ben Affleck being Batman... you know what, this video pretty much sums up my thoughts on the guy AND about the reaction perfectly, so I'm just going to post that here:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/the-big-picture/7987-Batfleck

Seriously, though, I'm shocked to see this kind of outrage over this.

...That aside, I hope the sequel and Warner Bros. plans for the DC movies turn out better with this decision.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. I think he's going to be fantastic, and if he is fantastic then everyone will be proven wrong with it.

WONDER WOMAN IS JOINING IN ON THE ACTION!
http://variety.com/2013/film/news/gal-gadot-wonder-woman-batman-vs-superman-1200918310/

Okay. She's pretty, and she can act, but she really needs to bulk up for this role. Wonder Women should not be petite.

As for Wonder Woman herself, I don't know why she's in this. There'as also rumors of Flash and Nightwing. This film really needs to focus on Superman and Batman, not become a Justice League movie. If Wonder Woman is only in here for a few minutes to help set up upcoming DC films, that's fine. Same with Flash. However, I don't want to see Nightwing at all.

Champion Christmas said:
WONDER WOMAN IS JOINING IN ON THE ACTION!
http://variety.com/2013/film/news/gal-gadot-wonder-woman-batman-vs-superman-1200918310/

Okay. She's pretty, and she can act, but she really needs to bulk up for this role. Wonder Women should not be petite.

As for Wonder Woman herself, I don't know why she's in this. There'as also rumors of Flash and Nightwing. This film really needs to focus on Superman and Batman, not become a Justice League movie. If Wonder Woman is only in here for a few minutes to help set up upcoming DC films, that's fine. Same with Flash. However, I don't want to see Nightwing at all.

It's called 'competing with Marvel'. Or 'competing with Disney', really. The Avengers was a smash hit, and if they can't make a Justice League movie, they'll put them in there to put as much fanservice and foreshadowing to a future DC team-up as they can.

Yoshidude99 said:
I hope it's more like the Dark Knight films than Man of Steel but I think I'll like it anyway.
Yeah, I'm definitely reserving judgment on this one. Man of Steel wasn't stellar in my book.

Dr. Javelin said:
Yoshidude99 said:
Yeah, I'm definitely reserving judgment on this one. Man of Steel wasn't stellar in my book.
No. don't make it like TDK trilogy at all. That was its own entity and has no connection with this new DC Cinematic Universe. A Dark Knight like tone does not work for Superman. That's one problem with Man of Steel. They made it all dark 'n' gritty. Jesus guys, it's Superman, lighten up. He's supposed to symbolize truth, justice, and the American way. In Man of Steel, they tried to make Batman. Yes, dark, gritty, and realistic worked for Batman, that will NOT work for Superman.

I'm really starting to get nervous about the DC Cinematic Universe. Controversial casting, relying on Batman too much, and rushing everything is leaving a poor taste in my mouth. It's a shame. In general, I like DC characters more than Marvel. But Marvel is doing it right. They're picking the right actors and taking their time. Marvel is dominating the superhero movie business. DC is really struggling.

really? i liked the darker take on superman, where you can see all the destruction and stuff

my biggest problem with man of steel was the fact that all the characters can talk about is "superman is super important guys"

Nostalgia Critic best summed it up in his review when he said it was due to the "nolan ray" - because whatever important issue you're talking about could be more important.

Also, Superman suffered from a severe lack of personality (he spends half the movie wondering whether he should do something or not).

and of course, my BIGGEST PROBLEM with superman which is that

HE

IS

WAY

TOO

POWERFUL

Trust me. I like a darker Superman. But still, no need to make him all brooding like Batman. You're right, we didn't get to know his personality at all.

Also, you shouldn't complain about him being to strong. This Superman is a pansy compared to a lot of other versions. I'd consider this Superman about Frieza leveled. Compared to other Supermans, he's nothing.

yeah man of steel super man is not very strong compared to say silver age super man.

Champion Christmas said:
Trust me. I like a darker Superman. But still, no need to make him all brooding like Batman. You're right, we didn't get to know his personality at all.
did superman ever have a personality?

i've never been a superman fan

Eh. There have been tons of different interpretations of the character. In the Christopher Reeve films, he was just a genuinely nice guy.

Champion Christmas said:
Dr. Javelin said:
Yoshidude99 said:
No. don't make it like TDK trilogy at all. That was its own entity and has no connection with this new DC Cinematic Universe. A Dark Knight like tone does not work for Superman. That's one problem with Man of Steel. They made it all dark 'n' gritty. Jesus guys, it's Superman, lighten up. He's supposed to symbolize truth, justice, and the American way. In Man of Steel, they tried to make Batman. Yes, dark, gritty, and realistic worked for Batman, that will NOT work for Superman.

I'm really starting to get nervous about the DC Cinematic Universe. Controversial casting, relying on Batman too much, and rushing everything is leaving a poor taste in my mouth. It's a shame. In general, I like DC characters more than Marvel. But Marvel is doing it right. They're picking the right actors and taking their time. Marvel is dominating the superhero movie business. DC is really struggling.
I like Superman as a lighter character than Batman but I'm also curious about the way his character will go after the
Zod neck snap.

Yoshidude99 said:
Champion Christmas said:
Dr. Javelin said:
Yoshidude99 said:

I like Superman as a lighter character than Batman but I'm also curious about the way his character will go after the
Zod neck snap.
I think that will be where his "no killing rule" will originate. After Superman realizes he just killed the only other member of his race, Superman vows to never again take someone's life.

I would like to see Brainiac at some point maybe not in this film but if there is another sequel where he could taunt Superman for it.

Ooh. That would be a great scene. I can just imagine Brainiac's cold voice mocking Superman for his decision.

If Brainiac is ever brought in, I hope he is voiced by the same guy who voiced him in Superman: TAS and Justice League (blanking on his name). He had such a great voice.

Back