Author Topic: SCHEDULE FOR AUGUST 8TH  (Read 3319 times)

Wayoshi

• Yoshius Maximus
  • Luma
  • PM Pro
    • View Profile
SCHEDULE FOR AUGUST 8TH
« on: July 28, 2008, 08:45:37 PM »
Note: I announced this topic (meaning email notification) because anyone actively participating in the festivities (that is, in the tourneys AND/OR presenting) need to know at least part of the set times.

All times US EDT. If you don't know the offset from your timezone, use TimeServ in chat to convert your current time (in 24-hr format, like the wiki) to EDT by using the following: /msg TimeServ CONVERT HH:MM yourzone EDT

• People will slowly trickle in #mariowiki (link: Special:Chat) during the morning and early afternoon (reasonably for a Friday, hopefully starting significantly around noon).
  • 2:30. Mario Kart Wii tourney players should report in #mwikionline for FC exchange with Knife.
  • 3:00. Mario Kart Wii tourney begins. The required 3 GPs should take an hour but there is plenty of back-up time built in.
  • 4:40. Official Userpedia Awards thread is created. Just one page of pre-ceremony comments allowed, so the start of the ceremony is at the top of page 2.
  • 5:00. Userpedia Awards ceremony begins with welcome message from the bureaucrat that majorly helped make this happen: ChaosNinji.
  • 5:05. Presentations begin with U1. The format is to basically post 1 presentation approximately every 5-7 minutes. Thus both the chat and forum will have decent time to react to the results. The next presenter will have 3-4 minutes to get their post ready.
  • 6:00. Assuming it averages out to 6 minutes per presentation, Userpedia Awards conclude with presentation of U10.
  • 6:05. Userpedia Awards: Detailed Results web page published, including all 526 votes and %s.
  • 6:10. Official Mario Awards II thread is created. Just one page of pre-ceremony comments allowed, so the start of the ceremony is at the top of page 2.
  • 6:30. Mario Awards II ceremony begins with welcome message from the Awards Director planning this important event since February: yours truly.
  • 6:35. Presentations begin with A1. The format is to basically post 1 presentation approximately every 5-7 minutes. Thus both the chat and forum will have decent time to react to the results. The next presenter will have 3-4 minutes to get their post ready.
  • 8:00. Assuming it averages out to 6 minutes per presentation, 15/30 awards are presented. 30 minute "halftime" break makes a return.
  • 8:30. The ceremony resumes with the 16th presentation by 8:35.
  • 10:00. Assuming it averages out to 6 minutes per presentation, Mario Awards II conclude with presentation of A30.
  • 10:05. Mario Awards II: Detailed Results web page published, including all 2577 votes and %s.
  • 10:10. A post-ceremony chat if there are enough users available.
  • Ceremony threads will be locked the next day, board will be archived about a week afterwards.

Any delays will try to be compensated, but there is a definite possibility we will not finish "on-time". This is the earliest ending time I could make possible and I hope that most of you can negotiate with your parents if necessary. I promise I will make sure we do not end too late however and there will be opportunities to make up time. Thanks for understanding, and I hope you will enjoy the night as much as I will.

-Wayoshi, Mario Awards Director
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 03:13:21 PM by Wayoshi »
^ ^