FE7: Blazing Sword

Ultraluigi

doing whatever since 2011
If there's already a thread for this, lock it.
Blazing Sword is commonly referred to as just Fire Emblem because it was the first game in the series to be released outside of Japan. There are three main lords, Eliwood, Hector, and Lyn, and... well I don't want to spoil the story, even if this is a 10-year-old GBA game! So who are your favourite units? Mine are Hector because he has massive STR/DEF, Guy because dat speed, and Rath because he's just an all around badass. This is my favourite Fire Emblem, i didn't like Sacred Stones, because it was too easy and short imo, so yeah. I also have Awakening, but I don't really like that one's story... Fire Emblem is still an awesome series tho.

FE7 is alright i guess, pretty neat how the lords have their own segments.

Game felt pretty damn easy though, especially with oswin and hector being walking nukes. Story was a bit bleh, but really ive never really been too much on fire emblem storylines, maybe because they're pretty basic or not too amazing compared to some other games.

Game really feels a bit underwhelming now days thanks newer FE games better features and continually better ost.

Overal FE7 aint too shabby, but not exactly my favorite either.

Much better than 6 and 8 though.

First FE game played which eventually led to my obsession in the franchise.

Fave lord is Lyn. As far as other units go... I always loved Matthew. Whenever I play this game I seem to use him EVERYTIME now.

I'll agree with Zae and say this game is easy. Hector Hard Mode, however, can be a real challenge if you don't train your units accordingly. I've beaten it before but my God did I restart the same chapters over and over...

Hiyoko Saionji said:
Ultraluigi said:
I also have Awakening, but I don't really like that one's story...

what about everything else?

also i've played this game up until the first fog level. it's pretty good
well, i didn't enjoy the gameplay as much as other FEs, pair up is really broken and avatar is too
if you dont look at it as a Fire Emblem game, it's better, but that's just my opinion. I'm on my second playthrough of this game, at Chapter 30 in hector hard mode. It's not as hard as people say though :( I was looking for a challenge since this game is easy.

Hector is pretty awesome.

[quote author=Eliwood to Hector]
"We've been sparring once every two months since we were twelve, and of the 30 matches, 14 I won, 12 I lost, and 4 were draws."
[/quote]

Does anyone actually buy that Eliwood won as many sparring matches as he claims?

Well I guess it could be possible... like, maybe Eliwood wore plated mail and Hector had three limbs tied to his back and could only use a Q-tip as a weapon with the sun shining in his eyes.

well no one believes it even in that case since eliwood is such a joke of a unit.

Yes... I guess the situation just explains the draws then...

Eliwood is the worst lord in this game, Lyn and Hector are so much better for me at least.
Seriously, one time he was giving me so much trouble that I forgot that it's game over if he dies, so i put him in range of a sage and he died. Then I got game over but it was worth it seeing eliwood die :D

personally in my time of playing fire emblem, he probably has to be one of the worst units IN THE ENTIRE SERIES

ive had him maxed before but even then he wasnt very good either.

people say roy's bad, they haven't played fe7 obviously! In Lyn Mode, I was thinking like "eliwood must be such a beast unit" but when i got him i thought "this dude sucks"

Ultraluigi said:
people say roy's bad, they haven't played fe7 obviously! In Lyn Mode, I was thinking like "eliwood must be such a beast unit" but when i got him i thought "this dude sucks"

roy is bad, but he's got nothing on eliwood. At least roy can be of some use, ive never had use for eliwood, ever.

The weird thing is, Eliwood sucks but in the same game you have hector, who's one of the best lords ever, he's up there with ike. :???: yeah... And Lyn's cool too, but her defense is bad

Ultraluigi said:
The weird thing is, Eliwood sucks but in the same game you have hector, who's one of the best lords ever, he's up there with ike. :???: yeah... And Lyn's cool too, but her defense is bad

no one compares to marth, he doesnt even have a class change and is easily the most powerful character in his games.

I'm not kidding.

i just wish eliwood and his family was actually useful, it just seems like they're okay characters, but have such lame growth its... spooky.

Oh yeah agree on lyn's defense, i think i got to 15 at max, but i saved some defense increasing items, so thats pitiful.

Zae said:
Ultraluigi said:

no one compares to marth, he doesnt even have a class change and is easily the most powerful character in his games.

I'm not kidding.
marth is beast yup
I think the reason Eliwood sucks is because he doesn't have blue hair :P

probably.

Notice how all the lords with blue hair are pretty good? anything else is thrown out the window.

....actually aren't most units with blue hair very good too?

Also something i noticed about some units in fe7 is that they can actually start as trash, lyndis is kind of an example as she isnt even that great against axe fighters in the beginning, there was another pegasyss knight you got in the beginning(friend of lyn, cant remember name) that really sucks but as you level her she gains some serious offensive capability.

Also why does Sain have like NO RESISTANCE, such a shame.

seems like it. If I ever make a fe hack, I'll be sure to give the characters blue hair so they can be good
and it seems like if your a lord with red hair, you'll be worse.

This game is fun. I am at chapter 26x Night of Farewells currently. I have Nino and Jaffar but Rath died. :'( He was a good unit.

I'll just put my input on each lord... From my experiences, of course.

Eliwood is a pretty terrible unit all-around. There have been times for me, however, where he would do magical things and be of good use and others where I just...cringe at his existence. I'll admit once he promotes he becomes more useful and not as lame.

The sad thing is...I always felt the exact opposite with Lyn. Starts off great but later on I just find a lack of use for her. ESPECIALLY IN FINAL CHAPTER. Lyn is my fave lord in FE7...but she just sucks IMO.

Hector on the other hand is fantastic. I've nothing to complain except when I get ballsy and put him out to tear away the enemy and unexpectedly dies. ._.

As for Roy... Let's just say I found him to be more useful than Eliwood and Lyn in FE7 but a whole lot more fragile...

Ephraim said:
This game is fun. I am at chapter 26x Night of Farewells currently. I have Nino and Jaffar but Rath died. :'( He was a good unit.
Am I the ONLY person here who resets if a unit dies???

Ultraluigi said:
Ephraim said:

Nope, i always do.

Zae said:
Ultraluigi said:
Ephraim said:

Nope, i always do.
ok, good to know...
I can't stand it when units die from a 1% crit attack attack. One time my Lucius died to an attack that had a 35% hit chance, 1% crit chance. the attack would normally have done 4 damage. Lucius had 12 HP left... you can guess what happened.

Back