Navigation Template for Help/Policy/Writing Guideline Pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Driftmaster130

Rest in Peace, Walkazo
Last week, I created this proposal, which stated that all the Help pages should be kept in one place to make them all easy to find. After this one, I was going to make another proposal to create templates to organize the policy and Writing guideline pages, but Walkazo said that all of them should be held in one Nav. template, which I made here (User:Mariotime11/drafts#Template:Wiki_Policy_and_Help_Pages). So I just need a quick word from the admin(s): does it look good? what changes should be made, etc.

The shading is too stark, the links need piping, some links are wrong, it should use the left-justified header format, and its organization is not useful at all: it should go by specific subject like MarioWiki:Rules. Having a template is a great idea, but I'm sorry to say, this template is not the design we should use.

Megadardery said:
@Mariotime: Could I copy the code and try to modify it? Credits is yours!

Are you going to just test it yourself or are you planning on finishing/creating the template?

Megadardery said:
Mariotime11 said:
Megadardery said:
@Mariotime: Could I copy the code and try to modify it? Credits is yours!

Are you going to just test it yourself or are you planning on finishing/creating the template?
testing

Go ahead and copy it from my drafts page (you don't have to give me credit if you're only testing it)

Megadardery said:
Here Mariotime:Here is the basic template as per walkazo said. I didn't improve it, I just organized the looking. as I said It is yours. you could use this design as a basic startup or just ignore it.

P.S: By the way.. there is still some Pages left. If you need something tell me.

I was actually going to pipe the links and align it to the right after I added all the pages, I find it easier that way. But thanks anyways , if I screw up in the coding and stuff later I can use that as a reference :)

Banon said:
The [show]/[hide] button is hard to see with the dark background.
I don't think this is really a big problem. otherwise: Game & Watch templates has the same color which was approved by admins before(I think).

Banon said:
The [show]/[hide] button is hard to see with the dark background.

Even if it's hard to read it, most people will still know where the Show/Hide button is. I'm going to change the color anyways as it matches that of the Game & Watch template :P

I was thinking about that too, but I couldn't find up a good color.. I still think Black,gray,white are good choices.

How does this look? (The bottom one is the final version; the top one is the old one without the sections to the side)

Walkazo said:
Getting close, but the background is too dark and nested headers is still ideal, but since that coding's getting complex, I took what you've done so far and made a draft of my own (User:Walkazo/Essays#Policy_Nav_Template).

So is that one going to be used? Or do I have to make another one with a different shade of gray?

It seems a bit redundant to make you recode your template when we have one all ready to go.

(Also, I went through the categories and found more pages for the template and MW:Rules; if anyone knows of any other forgotten policy pages, let us know.)

I checked the categories and nothing's missing, so can this template be created?

I added it to wherever possible, but about 90% of the pages in the template are locked :P Anyways thanks Walkazo for creating it.

Heey the final template looks great!

^Ummm....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back