Paper Mario

SPM Trash
Forum Moderator
Pronouns
She/They
MarioWiki
Fawfulthegreat64
If so, can you translate this:

Aber wir fühlten uns irgendwann zu sicher, und zu dieser Zeit stahl der Fledermauskönig Antasma den Stein.

I don't trust Google Translate.

But at some point we felt to make sure, and at that time bat king Antasma stole the stone.

Not sure, tho. The zu in the first sentence confuses me, I feel it shouldn't be there. Without it it would be "but we felt sure at some point", which makes more sense.

Although we felt us so sure sometime, and thus this site stole the Bat King Antasma the Stone.

I can't say it can be 100% accurate but Dutch and German are pretty similar, and this is what I've got from my German knowledge.
(Don't trust me to much, I had a 5/10 as my average grade for German, back at the Secondary School.)

Nein

I do not speak German. There is a user under the name Charizard and he is in/from Germany, maybe he can help.

King Antasma said:
Aber wir fühlten uns irgendwann zu sicher, und zu dieser Zeit stahl der Fledermauskönig Antasma den Stein.

"But eventually we felt too safe, and at that time the bat king Antasma stole the stone."

It confirms that Antasma is the king of bats, if that makes any sense.

Is Starlow always such an insufferable nag towards Luigi?

Well, she's criticizing Luigi for going to sleep while the princess is in danger, nevermind the fact that sleeping on that weird pillow was her idea to begin with, and that him going to sleep is imperative to them acquiring information about the princess' whereabouts. Then there's gems that translate to something like "Are you actually useful for ANYTHING?" and "Is this how a hero is supposed to act??". When she pulls his mustache, it's not because she knows it helps Mario somehow, it's purely out of malice because she is annoyed that Luigi is asleep. At least that's how the translation describes it.

Suffice to say the little content I've seen so far already makes me hope she gets flattened by a Thwomp later.

Charmander said:
King Antasma said:

"But eventually we felt too safe, and at that time the bat king Antasma stole the stone."
Looks like I wasn't too far off :D

This is a rough translation of the conversation that starts at about 23:25. Everything in italics is what I guess is said, but cannot be accurately verified because it is obscured by that annoying logo on the top. I'm going to translate the name of those pillow people as "Pillo", because "Kisse" is the German word for "pillow" minus one letter. The name of that elder pillow fellow is "Traumbert", which can be translated as "Dreambert".

Pillo: Aaah! I'm free! Oh, my savior! All in red with an impressive mustache! I want to thank you... I am in your debt!

Starlow: Say... Did you happen to run into a princess in the dream world?

Pillo: A princess? What's that supposed to be? Hmmm... No, I can't think of anything.

Starlow: Nothing again...

*collective sigh*

Pillo: Say... Your clothes do seem pretty outlandish to me... The two of you in overalls, one of them red, the other green...
And then there's you, all yellow and stark naked...

Starlow: WHAAAT?! Who are you calling naked?! Look closely! I am wearing SHOES!

Pillo: Only shoes? Pah...

Starlow: Guys! I think I need your help here!
By the way... Tell me about something... How did you Pillos even get into those shards? (the shards meaning those purple things that you break during the sidescrolling segments)

Pillo: Really? You don't know? Are you serious?

Dreambert: Allow me to explain...
We Pillos inhabited this island a long, long time ago. Our people had mastered the art of moving freely inside and outside the dream world... Now, on the island there existed two stones... The Dreamstone and the Darkstone... Both had the power to grant wishes. The Dreamstone was created from happy dreams... The Darkstone however was an expression of the nightmares which everyone has every once in a while... We were supposed to fill the role of guardians of those stones... But eventually we selt too safe, and at that time the bat king Antasma stole the stone. Logically, he wanted to grant his greatest wish with it! Undertaking great risks and at enormous costs we could defeat him... But when Antasma was brought to his prison in the dream world, he broke the stone he stole. (text is skipped too fast). Not before then... our true calamity happened... A black rain of nightmare shards poured down onto the whole island... Whoever touched those shards was petrified immediately.

Starlow: I've never heard of that before...

Dreambert: This is why I ask you... We must help as many Pille (localization error?) as possible. If we something something fight bravely, the Pillow Kingdom can rise again. And while we fulfill this glorious mission, we might even run into your princess...

Mario: *gibberish*

Dreambert: What? The sinner who abducted the princess into the dream world... You mean, maybe he was Antasma? Is this what your heart is telling you?

Mario: *affirmative noise*

Starlow: What happened to Antasma when you banished him to the dream world?
Dreambert: The known records tell the story up to the moment where Antasma was captured and banished. What happened after that, not even me has any information about it. But I don't think that... No, that would be absolutely impossible...

Mario: Yah!

Luigi: Yah!

Starlow: Oh well... Mere speculation won't get us any further in any case! Our new objective while looking for the princess is to get information from the rescued Pillos. So let's get started!

End of conversation at around 25:44

Should this info go to the wiki or should we have to wait edo?

just asking.

You mean about Antasma being called a bat king?

I'm not sure, to be honest. It's the German localization, and the team behind those occasionally do silly things with names. Him being called that in German doesn't have to mean it is his general title in all versions. If anything, the only definitely confirmed information that could be used on his article would be something like "His German name is "Fledermauskönig Antasma", ("Bat King Antasma")." I don't know if this is notable enough though. I suppose the localized names of "Kisse", "Kissenkönigreich", "Traumwelt", and "Traumbert" could also be used on the respective articles if they aren't already in use.

But I am pretty out of touch with wiki policies nowadays. A wiki admin would probably be more suited to answer your question. I'll try to get one over here.

If they don't have a name in English yet the article can be created under the German name and then moved when an official English name is given.

If that's what's being asked.

Per Tucayo. If the question's referring to other content in the conversation, such as the exposition on the Dreamstone and Darkstone, I think we can include that if the video's considered a reputable source.

Yeah, cite the video for any plot and name stuff we add from it, and it'd probably be a good idea to provide a link to Edo's translation here, too.

Hobbes said:
If they don't have a name in English yet the article can be created under the German name and then moved when an official English name is given.

If that's what's being asked.
Yeah. That's what I meant.

Mario4Ever said:
Per Tucayo. If the question's referring to other content in the conversation, such as the exposition on the Dreamstone and Darkstone, I think we can include that if the video's considered a reputable source.
Yeah we should do that. It's a german demo ( or something) so it's not far off.

Walkazo said:
Yeah, cite the video for any plot and name stuff we add from it, and it'd probably be a good idea to provide a link to Edo's translation here, too.
That'd be a good idea. That way people will understand what's going on in the video since we have someone who can translate from german to english.

Back