"Bodies of water"

Driftmaster130

Rest in Peace, Walkazo
Per Tucayo's comment here (Category_talk:Bodies_of_Water), locations that only include water (e.g: seas, rivers, lakes) do not fall into this category (Category:Bodies of Water), only locations that are a body of water in themselves. Please help by removing the category where uneeded.

I had kinda wanted to take this upon myself, but okay. If you have any doubts as to what constitutes an actual body of water, please post them here and we'll try to reach an agreement.

Do levels containing mostly a body of water including Fish Food Frenzy count? Time Turner is undoing my edits. I don't think they count as bodies of water.

That's a tricky one. While the levels take place in bodies of water, the article itself represents a level, not a body of water, so I'd say remove the category. An example of an article that represents both could be Mystic Lake.

The problem, I think, is that Fish Food Frenzy would be considered a level name, not a body of water. Some level names can include both, such as Pirate Bay, but Fish Food Frenzy isn't the name for the body of water. Now, if it were something like "Fish Food Frenzy Pond", it would be considered a body of water.

I want to see the consensus first. I am not convinced that we should keep "bodies of water" in articles pertaining to the levels and not the water.

Anyway, is Kero Sewers considered a body of water? I don't think we should equate sewers to bodies of water. Aren't sewers simply underground waste transportation?

I wouldn't consider sewers to be bodies of water, but that would raise another question; following a similar logic, are fountains bodies of water? Sure, they do contain water, but they aren't natural bodies of water.

For reference.

Hobbes said:
I wouldn't consider sewers to be bodies of water, but that would raise another question; following a similar logic, are fountains bodies of water? Sure, they do contain water, but they aren't natural bodies of water.

For reference.

Fountains are more as structures with water, but not bodies of water. Think about it: would a toilet be considered a body of water? Just because it is artificial does not mean it is not a body of water. Remember, we have artificial lakes, which are very likely to be considered bodies of water.

EDIT: I removed most badly placed categories. See if there are any more. (Category:Bodies of Water)

Per Lefty on the fountain points. And Mariotime11, you've got yourself a broken link in your first post.

I've removed the category from some of the icy terrains.

YoshiKong said:
Per Lefty on the fountain points. And Mariotime11, you've got yourself a broken link in your first post.

I've removed the category from some of the icy terrains.

thanks, it's fixed. And also, I removed the category from Island of Peril, but it still shows up (Category:Bodies of Water).

Yeah I believe that the server is still remembering the page, much like when one reupoads an image, it shows the size of the new one with the image of the old one until the cache is cleared. Try pressing ctrl and F5 at the same time.

YoshiKong said:
Yeah I believe that the server is still remembering the page, much like when one reupoads an image, it shows the size of the new one with the image of the old one until the cache is cleared. Try pressing ctrl and F5 at the same time.
Control and F5? Don't you simply have to press F5?

Time Turner said:
They're different. F5 just refreshes the page, while ctrl clears the cache.

YoshiKong said:
Time Turner said:
They're different. F5 just refreshes the page, while ctrl clears the cache.

Thanks, it worked

It seems that all the beaches have been removed, excluding actual bodies of water with the name "beach" in them.

An Ice World is not a lake. Vanilla Lake is a body of water, so don't get that mixed up.

Back