"Girls Games", "Plug in Plays" and "Kid's Games/Consoles"

chillv

9-Volt must be my video game counterpart.
If you don't know what any of these are. Let me go into detail about each of them

Girls Games
These are games that are made specifically to appeal to girls. I never have actually played any of these due to me being a boy but I have stumbled onto reviews of these types of games on the internet. The problem with these games is that they often contain stereotypes of both genders and most of them are lame to begin with. All girly girls who like video games and are on the internet. I am calling your names out. Please just avoid these games as much as possible. If you are curious of what games you want to buy. Ask any dude that you know that plays video games on a regular basis. I'm pretty sure they won't let you down. (most of the time)

Plug in Plays
Oh my goodness, not these. I do have to admit that I do play these but they are a guilty pleasure. These are basically those games you find in bargain bins or at a general store on christmas. They usually say stuff like "30 games included" and "plugs right into your TV". The problem with these is that most of the games on the usually suck, use the same game engines and even the same music. It's like all of them were inspired by Action 52 but they thought they could do a little better. (which they sort of did)

Kids Games
These are those systems like the V-Smile motion and Leappad. I have to say that these are high in quality, but they are just lame and it seems that they are just being made to disquise the fact that they are "learning" something.

What do you feel about these types of games?

In my opinion, girl games are for very young girly girls.
Any girl who passed her 10th age no longer cares about them, and either tend to play Mobile games, or games man are known to play with.

Plug and Play games...I haven't seen it for years already.
Typically China-clones of games, or games nobody cares about.

Kids games are an interesting thing, they are sometimes used at education, sometimes used to teach their son or daughter to type, but there is no kid of 8 years or older who plays them anymore.
They typically switch to Call of Duty, FIFA, and Battlefield, until they end their puberty.
After puberty, people typically make a switch to more friendly games, like Super Mario, or Zelda.

Note that I'm talking about the average all the time, I'm not saying all people do like that.

To me Mario series don't show to be for boys, but for common people or family consumers. Maybe you mean to be especially for girls, but I can't figure out what game type and backstory a girl-themed Mario game should use.

I meant what I said, man are known to play Mario games, it doesn't automatically mean girls never play it.
Otherwise, I wouldn't play it neither, and you, and any other girl on this Forum.

There are no boys games but they are lot's of girls games.

The reason is that lot's of girls play CoD and no boys play princess games and whatnot.

Well, as soon as either, boys and girls, leave their puberty state, neither will continue playing CoD, unless they really want to.
That's how I see it happening everyday.

I know loads of boys and girls between 8 years and 16 years, and most of the time, the only thing they have in mind, when I ask them a question about gaming, is CoD.
Now, I'm on an University, the course is all about games, and everyone is 17 or older, and literally nobody talks or cares about CoD.
If I ask them about CoD, they mostly say something like, "I already passed that age, not my game at all.".

I've never had a plug in and play but I played on one once I think it was on a Looney Tunes game and it was actually fun. Of course I was a lot younger then though.

MKGirlism said:
Well, as soon as either, boys and girls, leave their puberty state, neither will continue playing CoD, unless they really want to.
That's how I see it happening everyday.

I know loads of boys and girls between 8 years and 16 years, and most of the time, the only thing they have in mind, when I ask them a question about gaming, is CoD.
Now, I'm on an University, the course is all about games, and everyone is 17 or older, and literally nobody talks or cares about CoD.
If I ask them about CoD, they mostly say something like, "I already passed that age, not my game at all.".

can you imagine how hard it is to be someone who plays nintendo games to be in a class full of cod-fans......

Baby Yoshi said:
Well, Super Princess Peach is commonly stated to be a girl's game, even though I like it. :'(

You're not alone.

Baby Yoshi said:
Well, Super Princess Peach is commonly stated to be a girl's game, even though I like it. :'(

....why do peach's powers make me think that she is on her period and the vibe scepter makes her control these emotions?

not all plug n plays are bad

for example, i found one with the original pacman, pacman plus, pac and pal, super pacman, mrs pacman and pac-mania

all in one

The Undertaker said:
not all plug n plays are bad

for example, i found one with the original pacman, pacman plus, pac and pal, super pacman, mrs pacman and pac-mania

all in one
Not those kind of plug in plays nor am I talking about the plug in plays based on characters such as spongebob. I am also not talking about the ones with pirated games on them. I am talking about those plug in plays that are similar to Action 52.

Also, I do have to admit that there are some good girls games but games like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnAWvPN-R3Q) are the ones I am talking about. Most of them are lame and you should feel terrible as a father/mother , brother/sister , cousin, freind or boyfriend to give your daughter, sister, female counsin, freind, or girlfreind these types of games if they suck.

Also, I was going to add a section regarding boys games but there really aren't any. Well there are but they are sort of boys games in a subliminal way.

Boys games are games that are made to appeal to a male audience only and sometimes they attentionally make the game unappealing to females. They do this by adding sexist stereotypes, exploited women.

Only for the eyes of people 10-12+
Most of these games are either "strip" games (like those strip poker games that be in Japanese arcades) or dating games (like Feel the Magic XY/XX)

Back