BMB Mafia Rules

The Constitution of the Rules to BMB’s Mafia Games

Below details the rules and standards made by the host Baby Mario Bloops to be used in all his games. They shall be enforced when necessary, and will apply to all his game unless stated otherwise.

Article I ~
[Innocent Alignments]
In all basic mafia games by the host, there shall be a faction that is known as the Innocents. They may also be referred to as townspeople or a certain group of people shall it be related to the theme.

The Innocents shall have the ability to vote during the day in order to cause a lynch. They also have the ability to use their powers at night. Innocents, unless masons, do not know each other, and must rely on discussion and their power usage in order to help determine who is non-innocent. They are the biggest faction of the game, usually consisting of approximately three-fourth compared to non-innocent factions.

In order for a victory to be sealed by the Innocents, they must manage to defeat all non-innocents or any threat that are made to kill the Innocents.

Innocents that know each other are nicknamed Masons. Masons shall know exactly who each other are, and help each other figure out who is Innocent. Players can become pseudo-Masons by joining in a discussion medium.

Article II ~
[Non-Innocent Alignments]
In all basic mafia games, there shall be a faction that is known as the Mafia. They may also be referred to as Werewolves, scum, or a certain group of people shall it be related to the theme.

The Mafia shall have the ability to vote during the day in order to cause a lynch. They also have the ability to use their powers at night, with addition to giving a nightkill. Mafia know each other from the start of the game, similar to Masons. They are almost always outnumbered by the Innocents by a ratio of one to four. They must rely on persuading mislynches and using discussion to convince their Innocence.

In order for a victory to be sealed by the Mafia, they must manage to equal or outnumber all the Innocents. If there is another non-Innocent group, they must eliminate all non-innocents as well, whether or not they equal or outnumber the Innocents.

They may also be a group of non-Innocents that are called the Third Party. They may also be referred to as a different name shall it be related to the theme.

The Third Party shall act much like the same as the Mafia, though they do not have the power to nightkill every night, but once every few night phases. They have the same strategy and win restriction as the Mafia.

Article III ~
[Neutral Alignments]
In all basic Mafia games, there may be the inclusion of an Independent faction. They may also be referred to as Neutral or another name shall it be related to the theme.

The Independents on most cases have the same power as the Innocents. They have the ability to vote, as well as use their powers during the night. Some Independents may also have the addition of nightkills that the non-Innocents have as well. They are the smallest faction in the game, and may not even be included in some games. Their strategy is all dependent on discussion and usage of powers. They are not aligned with any group, though on some occasions they may have the ability to side with another faction.

In order for the Independents to seal a victory, they must either reach their set requirements stated in their role, or in most cases survive to the end with the winning faction. Their survival or death do not affect the other factions, unless stated otherwise.

Article IV ~
[Day Phase and Voting]
Every other phase starting with the first phase is known as the Day Phase. This phase shall be the phase that voting shall be commenced under normal conditions. During the phase, players shall be allowed to discuss to their heart’s desire, and is centered towards the Innocence, as it is the main source they have to kill non-Innocent factions.

During the Day Phase, all players of all factions shall be able to cast their vote for who they wish to lynch at the end of the phase. In order to create a vote, a player must write in this format Vote: Player. As to remove their vote, they must write Unvote, and if they wish to cast their vote once again, they simply perform the same function as the first vote. Players that vote a person that is already being voted is known as the Bandwagon effect, and if the Player provides no validated reasoning for their vote, it is known as sheeping.

In normal conditions, the player that has received the majority of the votes shall be lynched that day. If no votes have been casted or a tie has occurred between two or more bandwagons, then no person shall be lynched for that day. However, voting for a No Lynch is strictly forbidden in the games.

Article V ~
[Night Phase and Powers]
Every other phase starting with the second phase is known as the Night Phase. This phase shall be the phase that night actions shall be commenced under normal conditions. During the phase, players shall be allowed to discuss to their heart’s desire, and is centered towards the non-Innocents, as it is the main source they have to kill the Innocent factions.

During the Night Phase, players shall be allowed to use their powers stated in their role. Powers may range from daily actions to one-time usage to use at death to automatically used by the power without having them respond to it. Powers enable the player to benefit or hinder players, help figure out who a player might be and what actions they performed, or used to kill another player. The results of the night actions shall not be sent to the player until the phase has ended, unless it is a one-time power.

At the end of the night, the mafia shall have a nightkill list for who they want to kill. It shall consist of three to four players depending on the game, listed in order of saliency of the kill. The first player on that list that is not affected by protective or surviving roles shall be killed at the end of the phase. No kill shall take place if all players on the kill list are affected by a protective or surviving role.

Article VI ~
[Gimmicks]
The host shall have the ability to add gimmicks to the game in order to give variety and interest into a game. Gimmicks shall be introduced into a game depending on the host’s preferences, the theme of the game, as well as for prototyping an idea. The use of gimmicks may affect the predictably of the game, as well as creating situations that may not be found in a normal mafia game. The rules of the gimmick will be added as an amendment to the constitution as they appear, and shall be applied to all players.

The duration of a Gimmick is dependent on the situation, though in most cases it shall last for the entire game from start to finish.

Article VII ~
[Lounge]
The Lounge is the secondary medium much like the setting of the game, but used in a different manner. It is used as a discussion place for players that have died in the game, and may comment on anything ranging from a move in the game to trivial small talk. No alive players may post in the Lounge until the game has finished.

Before the game, the Lounge is used to fill up the player list for players that care to join the game. A set goal shall be determined by the host, and a cap shall be placed by the host, though on most occasions no limit shall be made.

After the game, the Lounge shall be used to reveal additional information about the game, such as a timeline of all actions in the game by the players, the rolecards of all the players, any gimmicks they give out achievements. Likewise ratings for each player shall be given in according to how they performed in the game, alongside Most Valuable Player awards given to the best players of each faction, and to a player that has done the best overall amongst all players. Once all this have been issued out, the game and Lounge shall both be achieved.

The Amendments of the Constitution
This shall be used to ensure the player’s abilities of what they are enabled to do, and what they are inhibited from. They shall help shape how the game is played, and more Amendments shall be added in order to prevent controversy or improve gameplay for the players in future games. The first Ten Amendments to the Constitution are known as the Bill of Rights, which are specifically placed to ensure a player's freedoms in the game, to both themselves and others.

Amendment I
[Player’s Abilities]
The host shall make not be allowed to infringe upon or prohibit the basic rights of any player. Every player shall have the right to vote and unvote for a lynch or use their power and only their powers; or engage in a petition peacefully against another player or host’s decision, as long as there is validated reasoning behind it.

Amendment II
[Claiming]
Every player shall have the ability to claim their role and character to any player, whether publicly or privately. A player is allowed to create a false claim that they are allowed to share with anyone they want, publicly or privately. However, no player is allowed to directly quote or state their role word for word to any player, publicly or privately.

Amendment III
[Interference]
Once a game has started, no player shall outside the game shall be allow to socialize hidden information they may have about the game, nor can any player deceased in the game may share any of the information they have obtained throughout the course of the game itself. All information may be revealed when the game is over. Revived players shall be allowed to reveal any information that they have obtained before they have perished, as well as any information they discovered during their time dead. The host may not interfere with any alignment or player, either to help or hinder them. The host however may do what is best for the game if a dire event happens, in which is demanded have consent by the Mafia Host Guild.

Amendment IV
[Discussion]
Discussion is not only allowed but encouraged to partake in the game, through a private medium, or other sources. Though it is required that all discussion must be cited or sourced to the host, unaltered or missing small information. Similarly, no post within the context of the game shall be edited or altered without emphasizing that it was edited as well as informing the host of this addition, especially if it was a vote change. The innocent cop, masons, and non-innocent alignment groups shall be given a discussion medium to talk privately outside of the context of the game. They have the ability to add players to the group at their own discretion, though no new discussion mediums shall be created without first being requested by the host.

Amendment V
[Rolefishing]
No player shall be forced to give their character or power to any person, and they shall not be held against it, unless they counter upon the person asking them of their own free will with validated reasoning. No player shall be allowed to directly ask for another player's character, though they are free to ask what power that person may have in store, and what alignment they potentially fall under. A player is not allowed to pursuit the same person if they abstain from providing information to that player, unless sufficient reasoning and the host's consent has been given. Unless they have provided other reasons, no player is allowed to start a bandwagon against another player solely for their resistance to reply to another person's interrogating.

Amendment VI
[Phase Changes]
Whilst the game moves in a timely fashion, the player has the right to request the phase to be extended. If the host discovers that it is an inopportune time for the phase to end, the host has the ability to end the phase. However, once the host has declared that voting or powers have been locked, the phase may not be requested to be extended. If no request has been given for the host to extend the phase, the players shall no longer have the right to protest the host for not delaying the progression of the day.

Amendment VII
[Equal Treatment]
All players shall be given a fair and equal treatment. The host shall not be allowed to show favoritism to one alignment or player over one another. Likewise, no player shall hold favoritism to another alignment or player in discussions or move plays. No player shall be discriminated against based on age, gender, ethnicity, past actions, or emotions from another event inside or outside of the game.

Amendment VIII
[Activity]
Players shall be expected to partake in the actions of the game, until they have perished from the game. If a player has gone unresponsive to the game, the host shall message them to reply back through any means of communication. If the player has made a request or has been inactive for an excessive amount of time, the host shall have the right to find a modkill replacement to fill in their place. The modkill replacement shall be a player that has not already played in the current game, or a former-Innocent that has already been killed in the game. If in the latter case, the host shall decide who may return in the game with a new role depending on how much information the player has acquired throughout the course of the game.

Amendment IX
[Punishments]
The host holds the right to what the punishment may be for a player within the course of the game. There shall be no punishment that is not equal to the crime that was committed or the rule that was broken. There shall be reminders and warnings if the crime is minimal before action is taken. If the action continues or demands action immediately, they shall be blacklisted from the game and possibly future games. Should the action of a player be intense enough, it shall be reported directly to the Mafia Host Guild for further discussion. No punishment shall be carried over from previous games or games hosted by other hosts – a clean slate shall be given once the punishment has taken been inflicted.

Amendment X
[All Rules Apply]
Whereas as the host’s rules are set in place by the host, the rules set up by the Mafia Host Guild shall still be effect. The host may not be allowed to create rules that contradict or condescend the Guild’s rulings, nor shall the players be allowed to follow only a single set of rules. All rules set in place apply from the start of the game to the end the game, no sooner nor later. The host also has the ability to introduce new features that may require additional rules that applies to that specific game and that specific game alone.

Amendment XI
[Co-hosting]
Shall the host decide to split a game with another host, it shall be known as co-host. The hosts shall decide how everything is broken up, and who has what. The theme, players, roles, powers, alignments, phases, and discussion mediums shall be areas of compromise between the hosts. Rules that each host applies shall be compromised as well between the hosts. Any rule stated in the Constitution may not be applied in this game, and rules by the other host shall be compromised yet included in the game as well. Other information shall be given if needed about the game. Only up to two hosts shall be allowed to co-host a specific game.

Amendment XII
[Hidden Abilities]
One of the most common gimmicks in the host's game is known as Hidden Abilities. Hidden Abilities apply to all players under normal conditions, and shall last the full duration of the game. Hidden Abilities are secondary powers that each player shall obtain either from surviving to a certain day, meeting certain tasks given, or at the brink of death; or shall occur after the fact of death. They shall act as powers, and shall have the same restrictions as powers.

Space for additional Amendments

(Please note that this will remained unlocked so that if you feel that something needs to be changed, altered, added, or removed, you may request so in this thread. In terms of the addition of rules, they may be added as a new amendment if I find it neccessary.

Likewise, this was done so that I didn't have to re-write my rules for every mafia game, and can just link it to op of all my future mafia games, saving me much time and more focus on the game from the start to ensure a good mafia game.)

Johnny Bravo said:
I will look forward to breaking all of these just to spite you

So in order to break all of them, you must break Amendment IX, which is about punishment, so in order to break it, you must obey all other rules to break it.

So you can either break almost all of them, or only break the hardest one. >:D

Xerneas said:
Johnny Bravo said:
I will look forward to breaking all of these just to spite you

So in order to break all of them, you must break Amendment IX, which is about punishment, so in order to break it, you must obey all other rules to break it.

So you can either break almost all of them, or only break the hardest one. >:D
i'll take secret option c not read the rules at all and randomly do things to make you made by revealing my role and screwing over my entire team then when i'm dead I will role fish like hell then i'll get revived and ruin the game.

That semi-colon still bothers me... I'm sorry, it's just that it's essentially glaring at me like a sore thumb.

When I originally clicked on this a few days ago, I thought it was an actual mafia game.

CAN I STILL SIGN UP ANYWAYS

Some new amendments that will be coming up soon should be co-hosting, hidden abilities (late, but might as well say those), Phase Rotations, activated events, poll questionaires, locations, Yakuza effect, and that's it for now.

Perhaps it'd be more convenient for you to just link to this thread, but it's less convenient for me since I have to go through italicized walls of text(thank god italicization is the only text change, and no font or color change is done. God, even if I didn't play, some text of Nostalgia Mafia was barely readable.). Don't be selfish BMB, think in the players not in yourself. It only takes about 400 finger muscle movements(which amounts to ,IDK, about a few long sentences) to type all your simplified rules.

"Likewise, this was done so that I didn't have to re-write my rules for every mafia game, and can just link it to op of all my future mafia games, saving me much time and more focus on the game from the start to ensure a good mafia game."

Odd, writing the rules(which takes about, IDK, not so much if you don't dealay on purpose) doesn't seem like the task that would unfocus you. If writing the rules detracts your attention which causes in the long run a possible bad mafia game(because of those direct reasons and nothing else), that's some serious problem there.

Gaston Gray said:
Perhaps it'd be more convenient for you to just link to this thread, but it's less convenient for me since I have to go through italicized walls of text(thank god italicization is the only text change, and no font or color change is done. God, even if I didn't play, some text of Nostalgia Mafia was barely readable.). Don't be selfish BMB, think in the players not in yourself. It only takes about 400 finger muscle movements(which amounts to ,IDK, about a few long sentences) to type all your simplified rules.

"Likewise, this was done so that I didn't have to re-write my rules for every mafia game, and can just link it to op of all my future mafia games, saving me much time and more focus on the game from the start to ensure a good mafia game."

Odd, writing the rules(which takes about, IDK, not so much if you don't dealay on purpose) doesn't seem like the task that would unfocus you. If writing the rules detracts your attention which causes in the long run a possible bad mafia game(because of those direct reasons and nothing else), that's some serious problem there.

1 - I'm not being selfish. It takes like 2 hours for me to write the rules in all my games, and so I've basically written like 16 hours of rules so far in my mafia career. I'm just making it easier to show my rules without having to re-write them everytime, and to make sure that I don't forget which rules I have, and besides, It's a lot easier to link it for you guys since it's in one place, so it's not like you have to go back to the op of all of my games just to find the rules.

2 - What I meant by disfocuses the game is that as I said in 1 above, it takes me 2 hours just to write the rules and make sure that I don't forget any rules that I have established. It gets annoying because then I have to post a story for the start of the game, which is usually long as well, and I do have a life you know, and the biggest issue I have with my games is not the gameplay or the roles or that stuff, but the stories. I mean, you can look back and see all the scriptless stories I have in my mafia games, and that is because I usually don't have enough time to make a big story for each one. I'm amazed that Nostalgia Mafia had all script except for one day (not including the rulebreaking one (again, sorry mods)). Linking the rules to this thread will greatly save me the hassle and probably enable me to focus a bit easier on the scripts of each day.

Now, if you are saying that making this page selfish and saying that having it solve a few things that I have some serious problem, then fine. But, you're the one complaining about how I dare post the thing in italics, and that it is hard enough to read, or how I use colors in my games, and that it's selfish of me to do that, then that would be like yelling at everyone on this board for daring to use the tools available on this board.

I personally think that this will benefit all the players in my game because they don't have to re-read all my rules I post every game that vary a bit here and there, so that means once they read the first post of this thread, they are bascially set for all my games. And if you ever have seen my rules on all my other games, they aren't 400 characters, they're like 4,000 characters.

Time Turner said:
Remember what I said about accessible language, BMB?

...but it's so cool to have the ; there, and the real US Constitution have stuff like that, and....

I'm going to take that as you saying "yes, please remove the ; from those awkward spots and stop trying to copy 18th century writing." -_-

Xerneas said:
Time Turner said:
Remember what I said about accessible language, BMB?

...but it's so cool to have the ; there, and the real US Constitution have stuff like that, and....

I'm going to take that as you saying "yes, please remove the ; from those awkward spots and stop trying to copy 18th century writing." -_-
Yep. :D

"I personally think that this will benefit all the players in my game because they don't have to re-read all my rules I post every game that vary a bit here and there[...]"

Because reading a huger wall of text(I don't have the count, but I'd say more than 10,000 characters. After all, you needed more than one post for all of that) that is more formal than needed AND italicized which takes more than 6 minutes to read is totally a benefit.(do I seriously need to point out the sarcasm in this sentence?)

Gee if you wanted so badly to never have to write your rules again in your games(why do you take 2 hours anyways? 40,000 characters or not......), you could've at least made it simpler for people who are not BMB to read it.

Gaston Gray said:
"I personally think that this will benefit all the players in my game because they don't have to re-read all my rules I post every game that vary a bit here and there[...]"

Because reading a huger wall of text(I don't have the count, but I'd say more than 10,000 characters. After all, you needed more than one post for all of that) that is more formal than needed AND italicized which takes more than 6 minutes to read is totally a benefit.(do I seriously need to point out the sarcasm in this sentence?)

Gee if you wanted so badly to never have to write your rules again in your games(why do you take 2 hours anyways? 40,000 characters or not......), you could've at least made it simpler for people who are not BMB to read it.
Although I think that you're being a little harsh on BMB, you do have the right idea; if you want to make a page that's designed for convenience, make it convenient.

Time Turner said:
Gaston Gray said:

Although I think that you're being a little harsh on BMB, you do have the right idea; if you want to make a page that's designed for convenience, make it convenient.

Unfortunately, there are some things that are stated that I really couldn't make simplier while still getting the point across. While maybe worded a little much, everything sentence clearly states a reason that is needed in each one. I mean, I could easily compress it a bit, but at the same time, I can't compress it as much as you demand that I do to one sentence statements because there are many things that are stated clearly in each sentence.

Heck, you can always just skim through them. It's not like people aren't already doing that.

Back