Count in different languages!

chillv

9-Volt must be my video game counterpart.
Basically, everyone has to count in a different language. I will allow english, but only if it hasn't been used in a while. It is also okay to use a language more than once but try to alternate as much as you can. It might also be a good idea to show the number in arabic numerals for convenience. Use google translate (http://translate.google.com/) if you don't know a certain number in the language. Also, you may need to put the pronunciation in parenthesis for symbols since some computers don't support foreign symbols. Also from time to time you can use a language that doesn't actually exist in the real world.

You know what, just look in the spoiler for an example!
someuser1:uno (1)
someuser2:deux (2)
someuser3:三 (3)
someuser4: four (4)

一 (ichi)(1)

Don't know what language that 1 is in, it displays as a square on my computer.
I'll do Spanish: Dos

Fawful said:
Don't know what language that 1 is in, it displays as a square on my computer.
I'll do Spanish: Dos
It's japanese (in kanji form)

Maybe I should put in the description that you may need to put the pronunciation in parenthesis for symbols since some computers don't support foreign symbols. Also, don't forget to put the numbers in arabic numerals (1,2,3 etc.) in parenthesis also once we get to higher numbers so people won't get confused on which number goes next.

Also, I call dibs on the first english number.

four (4)

BowserJunior said:
خمسة

(5)
Don't forget to add pronunciation in parenthesis if it uses foreign symbols (because some computers don't support certain symbols in languages. In fact, I am only seeing boxes.). Google translate should have a button that has a "Ä" on it and will show you the pronunciation. It may also be a good idea to tell what language it is in. ;)

έξι (éxi)(6)(greek)

BowserJunior said:
шесть
Shest
Oh, crap! We posted at the same time!

seven (7) or eight ( 8 )? That is the question.

十 (10)(shi)(japanese)

zwölf (12)(german)

kumi na sita (16)(Swahili)

viginti unus

(21)(Latin)

douăzeci și trei (romanian)(23)

vijfentwintig (Dutch)(25)

Back