Ray Trace

Fastest at casing, fastest at carrying
Poll Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
Pronouns
She/her
MarioWiki
Ray Trace
http://mynintendonews.com/2013/04/09/landslide-victory-for-ea-voted-worst-company-in-america/#comments

I don't take polls like these seriously (I can think of several other American companies that did far worse than EA. If this was talking about worst video game companies, then maybe this poll would be more credible...), but it's pretty funny to see how much hate EA gets.

Do you think EA can get themselves out of the mess they created?

Baby Luigi said:
http://mynintendonews.com/2013/04/09/landslide-victory-for-ea-voted-worst-company-in-america/#comments

I don't take polls like these seriously (I can think of several other American companies that did far worse than EA. If this was talking about worst video game companies, then maybe this poll would be more credible...), but it's pretty funny to see how much hate EA gets.

Do you think EA can get themselves out of the mess they created?

Hold on, I gotta stop laughing. This is HILARITY. HILARITY.

DO I THINK THEY CAN GET THEMSELVES OUT OF THIS MESS? REALLY!? AW FOR THE LOVE OF F--K BUDDY. I'M PRETTY FRICKIN SURE YOU KNOW WHAT THE DAMN ANSWER IS!

Well Peter Moore said they could do better

That doesn't guarantee anything, though. Not even the slightest.

they don't need to change anything they're still making monies

Virion said:
Wow. But really the only game of there's worth playing is the Sims series.

Don't forget Spore, but its pretty much in the forgotten land thanks to EA

The only games I bothered playing from EA were the MySims games, which was before EA introduced the Origin bullshit and all the other terrible stuff that I can't be bothered to name.

Baby Luigi said:
Virion said:
Wow. But really the only game of there's worth playing is the Sims series.

Don't forget Spore, but its pretty much in the forgotten land thanks to EA
Save for an upcoming film by the people that brought you Ice Age and Rio, of course.

c5817d6dc2d8866146dac2ccc7cab713-eas-reponse-to-being-named-the-worst-company-in-america.jpg

Sure, EA is probably the worst VIDEOGAME company in America, but not company in general.

Purple Yoshi said:
c5817d6dc2d8866146dac2ccc7cab713-eas-reponse-to-being-named-the-worst-company-in-america.jpg

Sure, EA is probably the worst VIDEOGAME company in America, but not company in general.
No, they are the worst company because none of those other companies are so anti-consumer as to sell 30% of the already existing game as additional paid parts, create a whole new storefront just so that your competition can't get even a single part of your profit, create a product so broken that no one can use it for weeks after it launches because of your companies' bussiness strategies, among other things. It's voted the worst company in America because it's exactly that: the company that is most likely to fuck over their costumers just because they want to make more cash, most of those other examples don't affect the costumer at all, and are just fuck-ups of the companies themselves that only costed the company some PR points or were in other cases rightfully prosecuted by the law, but EA is just legally fucking us over and we just have to accept it, that's why we're so bitter, because they are ruining shit for the purpose of capturing an imaginary audience that doesn't pay attention, or trying to pinch every last of our pennies.

Xpike said:
No, they are the worst company because none of those other companies are so anti-consumer as to sell 30% of the already existing game as additional paid parts, create a whole new storefront just so that your competition can't get even a single part of your profit, create a product so broken that no one can use it for weeks after it launches because of your companies' bussiness strategies, among other things. It's voted the worst company in America because it's exactly that: the company that is most likely to *bleep* over their costumers just because they want to make more cash, most of those other examples don't affect the costumer at all, and are just *bleep*-ups of the companies themselves that only costed the company some PR points or were in other cases rightfully prosecuted by the law, but EA is just legally *bleep*ing us over and we just have to accept it, that's why we're so bitter, because they are ruining *bleep* for the purpose of capturing an imaginary audience that doesn't pay attention, or trying to pinch every last of our pennies.

You know, by that logic, they're a good company, because they do all that and they still get a profit, and people still buy their stuff even if they complain about them. I mean a successful one, in a business sense.

Actually, the sales for EA's games have been declining quite significantly in the past few years. Given the nature of big corporations to bandage embarrassing predicaments like this, it's likely their financial situation is far worse than they're saying, but that's just speculation on my part. Even so, they're not quite as successful as you may think, and they most certainly won't be in the long-term if they keep up their bullshit. Most consumers will only remain optimistic for so long before giving up completely.

also, Peter Moore's actual response to the whole thing was more depressing. Particularly his rebuttal to the points he deemed "invalid", which is just hilariously petty (and in the case of his last point, extremely exploitative).

Everyone still loves their FIFA games.

Back