Finding Dory

Nabber

Artisanal Cheese Taster
The sequel to Finding Nemo is slated for release in 2015. Discuss.
The Undertaker said:
FindingDoryLogoTemp_small-620x348.jpg

Disney's press release said:
I have waited for this day for a long, long, long, long, long, long time,” said DeGeneres. “I’m not mad it took this long. I know the people at Pixar were busy creating ‘Toy Story 16.’ But the time they took was worth it. The script is fantastic. And it has everything I loved about the first one: It’s got a lot of heart, it’s really funny, and the best part is—it’s got a lot more Dory.”

Director and Pixar veteran Andrew Stanton takes audiences back to the extraordinary underwater world created in the original film. “There is no Dory without Ellen,” said Stanton. “She won the hearts of moviegoers all over the world—not to mention our team here at Pixar. One thing we couldn’t stop thinking about was why she was all alone in the ocean on the day she met Marlin. In ‘Finding Dory,’ she will be reunited with her loved ones, learning a few things about the meaning of family along the way.”

According to Stanton, “Finding Dory” takes place about a year after the first film, and features returning favorites Marlin, Nemo and the Tank Gang, among others. Set in part along the California coastline, the story also welcomes a host of new characters, including a few who will prove to be a very important part of Dory’s life.

the official release is november 25th, 2015

i read about this earlier and thought it was an april fool's joke... but then it's 2 april

i guess pixar is just going to regress to sequel making now

edit: imho incredibles is most deserving of a sequel, but maybe they're just incubating that one. i hope so, because i want to see a second good incredibles movie.

also, 'inside out' is already scheduled for 2015 so pixar's supposedly releasing two films in one calendar year, which they've never done before

Christian Brutal Sniper said:
edit: imho incredibles is most deserving of a sequel, but maybe they're just incubating that one. i hope so, because i want to see a second good incredibles movie.

Definitely this. I thought the first one was, well, incredible.

Supposedly this will be released in November as opposed to June, so it seems I likely that they're releasing two movies that year.

For the sequelization, you can thank Disney's Michael Eisner.

But, as previous posters said, the Incredibles is the Pixar film that deserves a sequel the most

Sequels are usually hit or miss. Hits would be Toy Story and Toy Story 2, misses will be, um Cars 2. Yeah, I know Cars 2 has its fans, but there is a consensus among receptionists that it wasn't that great and that's what I'm basing my assumptions off of.

Baby Luigi said:
Sequels are usually hit or miss. Hits would be Toy Story and Toy Story 2, misses will be, um Cars 2. Yeah, I know Cars 2 has its fans, but there is a consensus among receptionists that it wasn't that great and that's what I'm basing my assumptions off of.
Toy Story 3 was quite good as well. There's also the Monsters University movie. I suppose that one's a prequel, but still. Perhaps Pixar's just trying out new paths?

This sounds...interesting. I wonder if Ellen will reprise her role as Dory.

Baby Luigi said:

Toy Story wasn't a sequel...

In all honesty though, Cars 2 was flawless to me and I loved it. I understand everyone has different opinions, though.

MCS said:

Baby Luigi said:

In all honesty though, Cars 2 was flawless to me and I loved it. I understand everyone has different opinions, though.
fix'd

in all seriousness I think incredibles 2 should go first before finding nemo....

and I don't want a wall-e 2.

it's better leave that one be.

Why didn't I type Toy Story 3 in my post? :[

MCS said:

Baby Luigi said:

I KNOW THAT stop pointing the obvious out to me

I haven't judged Monster's University yet, but I have some high expectations for it. But it shoulda been a sequel anyway.

Well, they started drafting the movie at the time Eisner was in charge and I guess they just wanted to finish it

I heard that Dia de los Muertos is coming out in 2016

anyway im excited for finding dory,dory was my favourite character in Finding nemo!

I never saw The Incredibles. I saw portions of it, but not the full movie.

Baby Luigi said:
Well, they started drafting the movie at the time Eisner was in charge and I guess they just wanted to finish it

Even if that's the case, they're more likely than not straying far from Eisner's original script.

MCS said:

You suck

Do what Mario4Ever asked you and I reconsider my insult

MCS said:

Check it out. It's not Pixar's best work necessarily in terms of plot or writing, but the effects are nice, the characters are well developed, and I always get a kick out of the action scenes.

Toad Eightyfive said:
Check it out. It's not Pixar's best work necessarily in terms of plot or writing, but the effects are nice, the characters are well developed, and I always get a kick out of the action scenes.

For some reason, it never looked appealing to me. I believe I subconsciously watched the first 30 minutes or so of it in art class, but I don't remember it too much. I know it has a large fanbase, so I'll need to check it out when I get a chance.

GalacticPetey said:

That's good news. She did a great job in the original.

Panne said:

Haters gon' hate

Back