"Photos with Super Mario"

Toa 95

95 Enterprises
Retired Wiki Staff

So part of a Japanese Nintendo Direct was the announcement of a series of Mario-themed AR cards are hitting shelves in Japan in April. These cards will be included with e-Shop prepaid cards to be used in a 3DS app, created by the Mario Galaxy team. Cards include Mario, Peach, Luigi, Bowser, a Goomba, and a Koopa Troopa.

No word on a release for the US or other countries yet...

For the full Nintendo Direct, click here. (skip to about 7:40 for the announcement).

So, yeah. Thoughts?

*YAWN*

I'm not impressed.

Boring characters. Moving on.

Seems useless, but funny to do it once.

I forgot I still have the AR cards that came with the 3ds. I used once and put them away.

I never even used the AR feature in my own 3DS. It's pretty cool, nevertheless, but the card are not interesting enough to make me interested in them

Trailer:

This seems cool now, based on the fact that unlike the normal AR Cards, you can have a character in the picture without having to have the card there.

Re: Photos with Super Mario

Turbo-Tastic said:
why hasn't the wiki cover this yet anyway

I suppose that's part of the reason I posted this topic in the first place: to alert the wiki of the existence of this.

Bump, because I own the very first Gameplay Footage of this App:

My opinion: I'm a bit disappointed, all you see in this Video, is what the App can do.

When was this released?

The artwork on the cards would look nice on the wiki. Can someone scan them?

Here you go:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3r_9PMm9Bc4MFRfNHFkUU5NNWc&usp=sharing

These aren't for sale yet.

The difference is, the original images of the first 3 Cards only had some Letters at the right-top and left-bottom.
The other 3, at the other hand, have a whole Character in front of it, and especially the Bowser one makes it extremely difficult to see how it looks like.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Nintendo of America team considers relaying this to our shores. The obvious thing here is that the logo might have to be slightly changed.

Easter Egg found:

Back