Author Topic: 'Shroom Spotlight  (Read 37158 times)

Russian Baby Luigi

• Nick, you need to find a woman who hates herself, she'll love you.
  • Awards Committee
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • Baby Luigi
  • 🇷🇺 Малыш Луиджи 🇷🇺 – Патриотическая
    • View Profile
Re: 'Shroom Spotlight
« Reply #380 on: September 22, 2018, 08:14:59 PM »
Parades often come with floats and stuff, and screenshots capture the scene of multiple characters better than just a sprite of the character.
RIP B. "Walkazo" Dalziel. December 16, 1991 to March 27, 2016.

Bar of Soap

• The Cleanest Killing Game Player
  • Wiki Administrator
  • Star Spirit
  • Yoshi876
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 25, 2018, 04:13:17 PM »
I've made an example of rewriting the prose in Super Mario RPG as a list, because the parade really is just a list of characters who walk by. Otherwise, it's extremely repetitive to read through and I feel it just doesn't suit it.

I just got an idea.

We should take snapshots, and transform the list of character appearances into a gallery instead.
I wholeheartedly support this idea. The article itself needs more images anyway.

Yoshi the SSM

• (Space Station Manager)
  • King Bowser
  • I'm Yoshi the Space Station Manager from the wiki.
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 25, 2018, 05:30:39 PM »
Results from researching the history of the N64DD article:
*Was initially added by TrickyMario7654 (a blocked user) in 2014.
*The day after his last block, the one who blocked him (Turboo) corrected the text to what it is now, saying when he changed it:

Quote from: Turboo
not really a noticeable piece of trivia, what with import stores and the like
*However, this isn't when the tag was added.
*Instead, it was added by YoshiFlutterJump on Halloween 2017.

Other things to note
*Unfortunately, I can't go to NintendoWiki due to how it is, so I can't know what it says. May be good to check it out when it is open.
*The other NIWA wikis don't have any information about this.
*This leaves Wikipedia. And guess what. It has a citation needed too. And what is it for? It claims to have 85,000 units unsold, but no source. And this is an article with 102 sources.
*Another thing to note that there is a source for 15,000 units sold. Which is also the same amount of what we say was scraped. Weird.
I don't have time to give you a ride, I am managing a space station. And ask me something here:www.marioboards.com/index.php?topic=38633.msg1934343#msg1934343

marbleq

• Goomba
  • I'm goknba?
    • View Profile
    • Marble Q
« Reply #383 on: October 07, 2018, 09:03:07 PM »
*This leaves Wikipedia. And guess what. It has a citation needed too. And what is it for? It claims to have 85,000 units unsold, but no source. And this is an article with 102 sources.
*Another thing to note that there is a source for 15,000 units sold. Which is also the same amount of what we say was scraped. Weird.
I ended up deleting the whole sentence referring to units sold/unsold and/or scrapped. I could not find a solid official source for the amount of units sold or unsold, just because every website uses the same figures doesn't mean they actually looked into a valid source. The Wikipedia article sources an old The 64 Dream issue, which is the magazine now known as Nintendo Dream, but for the life of me I could not track down so much as a single page of this issue.

Russian Baby Luigi

• Nick, you need to find a woman who hates herself, she'll love you.
  • Awards Committee
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • Baby Luigi
  • 🇷🇺 Малыш Луиджи 🇷🇺 – Патриотическая
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: October 10, 2018, 09:21:29 PM »
Perhaps in a Shroom Spotlight or two, you could bring up implementing unimplemented proposals as a goal? List is gettin' rather long I must say.
RIP B. "Walkazo" Dalziel. December 16, 1991 to March 27, 2016.

Bar of Soap

• Wiki Administrator
  • Star Spirit
  • Yoshi876
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: October 14, 2018, 09:11:17 AM »
I mentioned it in a past section once, I remember TT asking. I'll try linking to it again, see if we can get anything, and I'll keep it up rather than having it a one-off mention.

Bar of Soap

• Wiki Administrator
  • Star Spirit
  • Yoshi876
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: Today at 09:31:23 AM »
October's focuses are live, well one is a skeleton, but we'll gloss over that fact.

Luigi 1 (wanted article)
Secret of the Inverted Pyramid (stub)
Black Chest Demon (rewrite)
Paper Dry Bones (citation needed)
File:Yoshi and Grim Leecher.png (image quality)
List of Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam pre-release and unused content (more images)

TheFlameChomp

• Wiki Administrator
  • Spiny
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: Today at 02:03:02 PM »
I expanded Secret of the Inverted Pyramid so that it included a layout section.

Yoshi the SSM

• (Space Station Manager)
  • King Bowser
  • I'm Yoshi the Space Station Manager from the wiki.
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: Today at 03:04:01 PM »
The Paper Dry Bones article isn't going to be easy finding out for this info if it was on the Dry Bones page first. However, I did want to note that the user who posted before me was the one was the one who added it to the Paper Dry Bones page after creating the page. And it had that since he added it in.
I don't have time to give you a ride, I am managing a space station. And ask me something here:www.marioboards.com/index.php?topic=38633.msg1934343#msg1934343

TheFlameChomp

• Wiki Administrator
  • Spiny
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: Today at 03:17:54 PM »
Unfortunately, I have no way to confirm where this information can be found, as it was simply carried over from the split (which is why I carried over the “page number needed” tag as well). Sticker Star’s pre-release and unused content page does have a link to text dump that also mentions Shiny Dry Bones, so that could possibly be used as a reference in place of the Prima one if nothing can be found.