Author Topic: BabyLuigiOnFire's Chicken Scratch (current projects: 3D trash, taking requests)  (Read 2917 times)

Рождественский Малыш Луиджи

• Nick, you need to find a woman who hates herself, she'll love you.
  • Awards Committee
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • Baby Luigi
  • 🇷🇺 Малыш Луиджи 🇷🇺 – Патриотическая
    • View Profile
Is Siph simply a blue Yoshi Kid? Because that's actually do-able, thanks to this pack. I could also post-process edit him with image editing programs for accurate plate and shoe colors.

I'll also render Daisy too.
RIP B. "Walkazo" Dalziel. December 16, 1991 to March 27, 2016.

Snow J

• J-Yoshi64
  • Dry Bowser
  • J-Yoshi64
  • Always remembering Walkazo
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Is Siph simply a blue Yoshi Kid? Because that's actually do-able, thanks to this pack. I could also post-process edit him with image editing programs for accurate plate and shoe colors.
Yeah, with golden eyes and a silver belly, but yeah.
I'll also render Daisy too.
Don't spoil me now :P
May Walkazo always be remembered on MarioWiki for years to come.
Follow me because I'm not a narcissist: https://twitter.com/JYoshi64 https://www.deviantart.com/just-call-me-j

Mario's Drunken Holiday Special

• "It's Christmas again. It will never be the sa-a-a-a-ame. I know there's only sadness in my so-o-o-o-ul."
  • Donkey Kong
  • LeftyGreenMario
  • R.I.P. Walkazo December 16, 1991 - March 27, 2016
    • View Profile
    • RationalWiki
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMario.

Do something that warrants "Bad Day" by Daniel Powter playing.
"Mario begins his ascension to the celestial realm, Luigi spontaneously becomes a twitching pile of boneless flesh and Daisy is nonchalantly like 'this is fine'." -NanoRim

• Awards Committee
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • Baby Luigi
    • View Profile

Request completed for J & Siph!

Siph was really tricky to get right. I couldn't simply extract the Paper Mario pack's .gma file as it didn't show up properly in Source Filmmaker due to how weird the author compiled the model, forcing me to decompile his mdl model and recompiling it in the right location. In addition, I made a variety of texture edits to him, and the way he's set up is a bit advanced too, compared to the average Source model. Texturing his shoes was a bit more annoying than it should be, so I managed it.

Also, I used this reference artwork of Siph as that was the best reference picture. I tried matching his colors to my best of abilities, though I think the pants in my final render is a bit too violet rather than magenta.

Had to troubleshoot for getting his model right and it paid off, hopefully making Siph happy!

Daisy was fairly simple to render, but I originally wanted to make her more expressive. I wanted to make her wink while opening her mouth, but Mario Kart 8 has really poor quality models forcing me to stick with a particular facial expression, which is the one that has her eyes looking at you in the camera. For her pose, I based it off Peach's artwork from Super Mario Strikers while also using some Google reference images for a thumbs up, as well as my prior posing experience to get it just right.

And finally, some bonus render for myself I decided to throw in for good measure (and my new signature).

"Oh hey there! How are things? What's new?" ;)

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMario.

Do something that warrants "Bad Day" by Daniel Powter playing.

Wait, you want me to make a scene that has Bad Day with Mario receiving the brunt of that?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 10:23:25 PM by Russian Baby Luigi »

Snow J

• J-Yoshi64
  • Dry Bowser
  • J-Yoshi64
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
I hate that I can only like this post once.
Follow me because I'm not a narcissist: https://twitter.com/JYoshi64 https://www.deviantart.com/just-call-me-j

• "It's Christmas again. It will never be the sa-a-a-a-ame. I know there's only sadness in my so-o-o-o-ul."
  • Donkey Kong
  • LeftyGreenMario
    • View Profile
    • RationalWiki
Yeah

I think you should use GIMP/Photoshop to clean up rendering artifacts.
"Mario begins his ascension to the celestial realm, Luigi spontaneously becomes a twitching pile of boneless flesh and Daisy is nonchalantly like 'this is fine'." -NanoRim

• Awards Committee
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • Baby Luigi
    • View Profile
Hey! I'm still going to work on LGM's request, but because of my impromptu change to a more Happy Holiday vibe, I couldn't resist an extra render for my avatar. So sharing it. By the next post here, by today, I'll get LGM's request up, with Mario having a bad day and singing a sad song to get things along.

Yeah

I think you should use GIMP/Photoshop to clean up rendering artifacts.

I agree with that. I think Daisy's nose in my render of her could use some of editing magic to clean things up. It was even recommended in an SFM poster guide to use image editing software to bring it out. But for now, I'm pretty content with learning lights and posing techniques to make characters look natural. The more I pose, the more I unstiffen them future on, I say, and thus the quicker it would be to get characters in poses I like.

I still find hands on hips pose to be an attractive yet still very difficult pose to get down. You need pretty much the right arm/elbow/spine configurations to get it just right, and definitely requires posed fingers too.

Waterfall of Flab

• Considering Miyamoto's love for repeated names, I suppose I'm Wario Wario.
  • King Bowser
  • Moldomré
  • I'm-a WARIO. I'M-A GONNA WIN!
    • View Profile
    • Planet Minecraft Profile
If possible, maybe just Pink Yoshi flutter jumping? Do whatever background you want.

• Donkey Kong
  • LeftyGreenMario
    • View Profile
    • RationalWiki
I think you should learn adding particle effects through photo editors too. I really think you should try learning that stage of poster images.

Snow J

• J-Yoshi64
  • Dry Bowser
  • J-Yoshi64
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
I still find hands on hips pose to be an attractive yet still very difficult pose to get down. You need pretty much the right arm/elbow/spine configurations to get it just right, and definitely requires posed fingers too.
I find myself standing in from of mirrors a lot when I draw poses. It turns out a lot of poses I stand and sit in irl look really weird from most angles.

Isabelle

• Christmas puppy. Technically not a pup, but what would you call a dog this adorable?
  • Shine Sprite
  • Koops
  • Dog Waifu. Also 8 posh emotes reside here.
    • View Profile
Ah yes, doing this is very important. That helps you know how the hands are bent, how the arms are positioned, or really, anything about the pose. Trust me, I've been doing a big succession of drawings on paper myself, and that's really how I succeeded.

• Awards Committee
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • Baby Luigi
    • View Profile

I dub this picture, "Mario's Bad Day"

And as requested, fitting music to go along with the mood of the picture. Thanks LeftyGreenMario.

Because I wanted a threatening picture juxtaposed with Mario acting like a total buffoon running away being his best trait in Mario platformers, I performed quite a few exaggerations on Mario, key case being his extended eyes, his wide gaping mouth, and slightly stretched stache. His eyes are also slightly cross-eyed to add to the buffooniness of this picture. Compared to my other fiery pictures (yeah I have a tendency for making those; my namesake is BabyLuigiOnFire so expect that hahahaha), it's the one you're not supposed to take seriously at all. The model used in these images were Super Mario Odyssey models, extracted from their workshop files from the Garry's Mod workshop, with the yellow flat platforms being from Super Mario 3D Land, I'm guessing, which is from the Source Filmmaker workshop.

I find myself standing in from of mirrors a lot when I draw poses. It turns out a lot of poses I stand and sit in irl look really weird from most angles.
Ah yes, doing this is very important. That helps you know how the hands are bent, how the arms are positioned, or really, anything about the pose. Trust me, I've been doing a big succession of drawings on paper myself, and that's really how I succeeded.

You are both completely correct. Even if you don't have a mirror, take a look at reference pictures. Google image search poses you're looking for, and try to copy that. But of course, if you wanna get better, practice and just doing it is the only way to get better, as well as helpful feedback to help improve your drawings. All of these principles apply to 3D art as well, but 3D art has its advantages in angling characters and not worrying about drawing foreshortening (which is always a pain in the ass). Though both of you (and me frankly) still have ways to go before we get to expert levels: my drawings when I was 15 years old in your case, Koops, are quite crude compared to my drawings today.

Re: Moldomre, don't think I'll get your request finished by tomorrow unfortunately, due to my social life. If I do have spare time leftover, I'll work on it tomorrow, but if not, on Sunday.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 12:55:05 AM by Рождественский Малыш Луиджи »

Waterfall of Flab

• King Bowser
  • Moldomré
    • View Profile
No prob. BLoF.

Hands are actually really hard to get right when drawing on paper/computer.
EDIT: I just noticed Koops said this exact thing but better. ::)

• Donkey Kong
  • LeftyGreenMario
    • View Profile
    • RationalWiki
Mario looks like he's scattering confetti as he's running away.

• Awards Committee
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • Baby Luigi
    • View Profile

This is for Moldy, who requested for a fluttering Pink Yoshi. His wish is my command. This scene uses a total of four lights, emphasizing a bit on the blue parts for sky and all, and just because it looks really nice on pinky! For the pose overall, I used Yoshi's Birdie animation from Mario Golf: World Tour as inspiration, except with a bit more exaggeration to showcase more personality.

If you notice his legs, it's blurry. In Source Filmmaker, blurry models indicate animation and motion which is how Source Filmmaker renders that. That's right, I had to create a simple animation for Pinky's legs, which simply involved moving and rotating his feet (he's IK rig compatible, so it wasn't a problem animating and bending his legs at all) and thus, the blur effect was created. Also like usual went crazy on the particle effects for a background. Haven't figured quite how to properly green screen things yet in SFM for more custom, better backgrounds, as I originally intended an image of a sky for the background, complete with clouds.

Waterfall of Flab

• King Bowser
  • Moldomré
    • View Profile
Wow! I am awed! *saves image to computer for future use*

EDIT: One question though, who's the unicorn? Inside joke amongst the twins?
EDIT 2: Another suggestion, Luigi with Poltergust. This might be tricky, since I dunno if you have access to GC models. If it's too hard then it's fine!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 12:56:28 PM by Moldomré »

Isabelle

• Christmas puppy. Technically not a pup, but what would you call a dog this adorable?
  • Shine Sprite
  • Koops
    • View Profile
You don't have to, but if you would do it, then it'd certainly be Epic. Could you do Lucario in this pose?

If you can, make the background similar to that, please.

Again, you don't have to, just throwing it out there.

• Awards Committee
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • Baby Luigi
    • View Profile

Luigi in a black void with nothing accompanying except a few entities wanting to prank him. Scene uses a total of four lights, try to be minimalist for Luigi's favorite theme of all time: haunted themes. Luigi's model is from Mario Tennis Ultra Smash while the Boo models are from Mario Party 9. Oh, Moldy, I didn't need to use the GC model for this, instead the Poltergust model is from Wii game Mario Sports Mix, lovingly extracted from this pack courtesy of RatchetMario so it ain't tricky at all. In addition to that, there is a Luigi's Mansion model pack on Garry's Mod too, extractable as well and comes with its Poltergust. Posing the rope-like tube from the Poltergust is a bit of a challenge though, because of the way ropes behave in real life is something I haven't gotten down yet, and as well as as working without an IK rig for Luigi as he's not compatible with it due to his bone names.

In addition to this, I have to work on a color theory project so I have a lot of stuff to do. Hopefully I'll get to complete Koops request on Friday, as I'm unavailable on Thursday and will be at school all day tomorrow.

Of course, for my color theory project I'll be working on my seven Baby Luigi characters because conveniently, they're all represented by a color. I'm posting progress on one of them, who is pretty much done drawing and awaiting post-process editing to fit more in spirit of Color Theory.

(his shoulder flag is unfinished, haven't drawn an American flag there yet. No, he's not a Soviet, nor is he Chinese)

EDIT: One question though, who's the unicorn? Inside joke amongst the twins?

I've used TF2 particle effects, from the Pyro respectively. The unicorn was just part of the rainbow of that particle effect. I wish it was just an inside joke, maybe I should make it one.

• Awards Committee
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • Baby Luigi
    • View Profile
Hey there! After a very hectic week of finals including me finishing up my Color Theory project, I finally got around to making Koops's request now that winter break has begun for me: rendering Lucario as it is in the image he has posted. Well, not quite exactly, as much as the particle effects in SFM will allow me. But I did find sweet particle effects that emulate his Aura Sphere quite well, so hope you enjoy it! The model comes from Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and enjoys face-posing options (but no compatibility with IK rigs), and the reason the little hair things on the back is not posed because it surprisingly does not come with bones (otherwise it would have been posed to indicate better motion). There are four lights in this scene in total, with most intensity fixed from the Aura Sphere to give that fantastic glow effect. His pose is a bit extreme but I hope I matched it as close as Koops wants me to. There are no pupil options, so unfortunately, cannot render his pupils smaller as it is in the pic. Koops, enjoy this image, and I'm very sorry about the delay!

Isabelle

• Shine Sprite
  • Koops
    • View Profile
BLoF, this is amazing and it's way more than worth all the wait. Thank you so much, you just made my entire day!

Edit: I put it as my laptop background and it looks really great. I love you.

As a token of my appreciation, I will let you live the 20th of December.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 11:39:32 AM by Isabelle »