Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones

Master Crash

The Dragon of the West
Chat Operator
I know there are a few threads for this, but my only options were to bump a thread from '08, or some help thread.

I'm always late to these things, but I started playing it a few days ago, and in a similar fashion to Pokemon, I'm kicking myself for not playing this earlier. Definitely looking forward to picking up Awakening once I finish this.

despite FE8 having some neat features as explorable map, recruit class, and class change choices, the game was really bleh.

It was stupidly easy, the characters were never very interesting, the lords class changes were kinda meh in design versus fe7's hector and lyn's awesome stuff, and the story was just kinda generic and boring.

Don't let Artur die. He's incredibly useful come near endgame, provided he's a Bishop.

yes.

She actually is pretty broken as a knight as she gets pretty impressive attack, speed/dodge, and defense stats.

Yes.

Have Ross go Journeyman -> Pirate -> Berserker
Amelia go Recruit -> Knight -> General
Ewan go Pupil -> Shaman -> Druid

Foos, I'm not sure who to use Metis's Tome on, atm all of my characters are at least 18, except Eirika who's only 14.

Also, how should I go about using Myrrh?

Just beat it, Colm was unfortunately KIA, though, rip.

At any rate, my consistent 12 choices were:

Ephraim
Eirika
Gilliam
Neimi
Kyle
Lute
Seth
Joshua
Marisa
Natasha
Cormag
Colm/Syrene (dependant on whether there was treasure or not.)

I just started playing through this game today, actually forgot I had it. I got it on my 3ds as part of the nintendo ambassador thing if you bought the 3ds at a certain time. So far it's got a very gripping story.

I wish I could get amelia the first time she appears... without one of my units killling her. >_>

You might have to sacrifice someone like Moulder to draw her out, but it won't be a terrible loss.

Beat said:
Right now I'm trying to complete Ephraim's Chapter 11 without having anyone die.

...on Easy.

PFFFFT

i did it on HARD.

Soarin' said:
You might have to sacrifice someone like Moulder to draw her out, but it won't be a terrible loss.

You could just lure her out with a weapon-less Seth. Lessens the risk of anyone taking casualties. It's harder to recruit her on Eirika's side imo though, I've never had any problems recruiting her on Ephraim's side. Also, you can still get Amelia if you miss her in Chapter 9 of Eirika's side in a later chapter (like 13 or 14, I don't know, my last 4 playthroughs have been of Ephraim's side because it's so much better)

Also, plan on playing and beating this game for the 6th (completely serious) time. This time I swear I'm going to reach my goal of everyone reaching 20/20.

Crystal said:
yes.

She actually is pretty broken as a knight as she gets pretty impressive attack, speed/dodge, and defense stats.

I made the comparison to Volke one day that a level 10 (knight) Gilliam's speed will be about 2, while Amelia's speed as a level 10/2 knight will be about 10 to 12. Crazy stuff, she's definitely better than Gilliam if you're willing to spend the time training her in the Valni.

I just kept an eye on how far she could move and kept ephraim one step out of reach. usually all the other soldiers have a higher mov range, so I just let Gillie and Kyle kill anyone close enough.

started a new game on THE HARDEST DIFFICULTY

currently at chapter 5x.

how the hell i managed to get ross maxed out already is really beyond me.

Back