Video games that you regret buying

NSY

Celestial Guide
So discuss games that you deeply regret buying.

I hated Super Monkey Ball: Step & Roll, it was not broken but it's series's chagallge turned into frustration, don't get me started on all the barpd things about this game.

Metroid: Other M

i think we all know why at this point

Sonic Gems Collection

Sonic the Fighters and Triple Trouble are good but other than that it's not very good.

Kirby's epic Yarn.
I was cringing when I played it if my parents were in the room.

Sims 3 3D
I should have listened to the ONM review and bought pilotwings or street fighter for my free by with 3ds game.

Yoshidude99 said:
Sonic Gems Collection

Sonic the Fighters and Triple Trouble are good but other than that it's not very good.
It was worth it for Sonic CD alone, and having Sonic R's delicious badness couldn't hurt.

I kinda regret getting Uncharted 2 and 3, because even though I see what's the charm of the series, the shooting sections aren't something I enjoy. At least my brother likes them.
Mortal Kombat 9 and Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition are also in there because they just don't have the crazy stuff that Marvel offers.
Also Star Fox Command and Paper Mario: Sticker Star, they're just not very good games in my opinion

Nagito Komaeda said:
Kirby's epic Yarn.
I was cringing when I played it if my parents were in the room.

Why? I liked it, I don't see what's so bad about playing it in front of your parents.

Proto Man said:
Metroid: Other M

i think we all know why at this point

oh god yes

I was so utterly pissed when I ran into that red door glitch. I had to delete my save file and I don't really feel like restarting it at this point

I have a ton;

World of Zoo
I can't figure out the controls, it only says so in the instruction booklet, and there's not much you can do besides play with and feed the animals.

Luigi's Mansion
It scares me, and I can't figure it out. (Don't ask why.)

Scooby Doo: Unmasked
See above.

Animal Crossing: Population Rising (GCN)
I hate that at first you don't have a map and you can't see where the fuck you're going, the voices are annoying, and overall I don't like it as much as the other two. (Don't hurt me for this!)

Proto Man said:
That's not why I regret the purchase, but anyway.

Well yeah, I admit having Samus speak and those long-ass unskippable cutscenes was a pain in the buns. I probably won't restart it anytime soon, anyways. I have enough games in my backlog to work on.

Rin Kagamine said:
Luigi's Mansion

It's probably because of the constantly dark rooms and the music that could be depicted eerie.

MCS said:
Well yeah, I admit having Samus speak and those long-ass unskippable cutscenes was a pain in the buns. I probably won't restart it anytime soon, anyways. I have enough games in my backlog to work on.
still missing another big piece of the puzzle as to why Other M was awful

Rin Kagamine said:
Luigi's Mansion
if fecking Luigi's Mansion is too frightening for you, I'd hate to see you play Silent Hill or Amnesia

the unrelenting sexism and misogyny

that's kind of the biggest reason everyone despises the game, y'know

Crocodile Dippy said:

Well, the last time I played it was early 2012, so I can't really recall any hatred towards females in it, although I think I heard about that. Could you give some examples? I'm interested.

The main character is female so?

I didn't even want to buy it, but my uncle kept tempting me. What type of game requires you to break your back just to play one level?

MCS said:
Crocodile Dippy said:

Well, the last time I played it was early 2012, so I can't really recall any hatred towards females in it, although I think I heard about that. Could you give some examples? I'm interested.

NSY said:
The main character is female so?

Samus cannot act at her own free will. She's basically Adam's bitch and she has take his orders with no opposition. She can't use her weapons even though she had them because Adam said not to. She has to be saved by male characters in like three separate instances because suddenly the character who blew up an entire planet is suddenly a damsel in distress. Samus is scared of Ridley? Why? I DON'T KNOW? Didn't she kill him in like every other game? Supposedly this game takes place after the Prime games as well, so that makes it even more fucked up. In those games, she fought a cyborg Ridley and Ridley corrupted by Phazon, but now she's suddenly scared of normal Ridley even though she killed him like 100 times? No, just no.

This is just from the top of my head, mind you, but there's a lot more than that. Frankly, the only way I'll remember is if I played the game or watched a playthrough on Youtube, but I'd much rather do something more productive.

Along with what Dippy stated, the game is bland overall. None of the areas are very interesting and they all seem repetitive and lame, especially if you've played the Prime games.

i Want New Super Mario Bros 2 and Paper Mario Sticker Star.

Back