What are your opinions on Vanillas

NSY

Celestial Guide
So what do you think of them.

I think they should be very little of them as it makes everyone the same. If everyone is supposed to be vanilla, I don't mind so much.

Shouldn't this be in the discusion thread?

And I don't care about them existing, just not too many.

No this is a separate discussion to the main gameplay. It kinda deserves it's own thread.

Someone that has no powers.

Meh, I'm one, so I don't really mind them.

Mafia is not a game of luck, I mean luck is involved sometimes but, a lot of raw skill is involved.

Roserade said:
Meh, I'm one, so I don't really mind them.
Er, you haven't been in any mafias, and so in none of them have you been a vanilla.

I don't really think there should be more than one Innocent vanilla.

Chiaki Nanami said:
I think they're fine. You can still vote, which you can't do as a Drunk, so that's always something positive.
I was drunk in the Hunger Games mafia

Although I could vote like only once

Vanillas are a key part to the mafia experience as they require legit skill and actual intelligence instead of this forum's favorite tactic of follow the cop.

I don't use a lot of vanillas as i like things to be interesting, but vanillas are not bad things, they are not a curse, a 100% vanilla game should be how someone learns mafia, as you would have to use actual skill instead of dumb tactics that require the brain of a toddler to do.

I think vanillas are very important rules, and matter the host/setup i think whatever amount of vanillas is perfectly fine.

@Cirdec: If you actually use your brain and make an attempt to scumhunt, mafia wouldn't be about luck, mafia usually shouldn't be about luck, a game with only vanillas would actually be LESS luck-based than the average game here.

Normal Game:
-Based on luck has everyone just randomly votes inactives and such until a cop finds something. (Unless the cop is scumhunting, him finding scum is based on luck.)

Vanillas:
-Forced to actually play strategically and with logic or they are screwed.

I'm done with my rant, have a nice day.

Sonia Nevermind said:
Vanillas are a key part to the mafia experience as they require legit skill and actual intelligence instead of this forum's favorite tactic of follow the cop.

I don't use a lot of vanillas as i like things to be interesting, but vanillas are not bad things, they are not a curse, a 100% vanilla game should be how someone learns mafia, as you would have to use actual skill instead of dumb tactics that require the brain of a toddler to do.

I think vanillas are very important rules, and matter the host/setup i think whatever amount of vanillas is perfectly fine.

@Cirdec: If you actually use your brain and make an attempt to scumhunt, mafia wouldn't be about luck, mafia usually shouldn't be about luck, a game with only vanillas would actually be LESS luck-based than the average game here.

Normal Game:
-Based on luck has everyone just randomly votes inactives and such until a cop finds something. (Unless the cop is scumhunting, him finding scum is based on luck.)

Vanillas:

I want to marry this beautiful post. It perfectly details what I detest about how games are played around here.

Chiaki Nanami said:
Sonia Nevermind said:

Normal Game:

Vanillas:

I want to marry this beautiful post. It perfectly details what I detest about how games are played around here.
BACK OFF MY WIVES POST

Mega Morg said:
Chiaki Nanami said:
Sonia Nevermind said:

Normal Game:

Vanillas:

BACK OFF MY WIVES POST

Are you implying i'm your wife or that pi is your wife.

(If your implying that its me. When did this happen. Was i drunk again?)

Sonia Nevermind said:
Mega Morg said:
Chiaki Nanami said:
Sonia Nevermind said:

Normal Game:

Vanillas:

BACK OFF MY WIVES POST

we got married in that attn: Lily thread

Mega Morg said:
Sonia Nevermind said:
Mega Morg said:
Chiaki Nanami said:
Sonia Nevermind said:

Normal Game:

Vanillas:

BACK OFF MY WIVES POST

I don't remember this. Perhaps i was drunk then.

Sonia Nevermind said:
Mega Morg said:
Sonia Nevermind said:
Mega Morg said:
Chiaki Nanami said:
Sonia Nevermind said:

Normal Game:

Vanillas:

BACK OFF MY WIVES POST

I don't remember this. Perhaps i was drunk then.
well you are my wife now

You got to remember that there are many roles that really are like vanillas. I mean...if a granny is never visited they are grannies, and Godfathers are technically vanillas, especially if a host doesn't give them the ability to appear innocent as innocent. Basically any role that doesn't require a player to actually do anything is a type of vanilla in certain situations.

But Vanillas are a good thing. It's not bad if you are vanilla. Sure you have a slightly more difficult road, but it doesn't mean that it isn't worth the challenge.

Back