Author Topic: Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe  (Read 913738 times)

Chiaki Nanami

• Super High School Level Gamer
  • #mwchat Operator
  • Star Spirit
  • RandomYoshi
  • Sweden? More like Memeden.
    • View Profile
Re: Mario Kart Wii U
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2013, 09:09:19 AM »
There shouldn't be any bikes in this game. They just destroyed Mario Kart Wii and all of its gameplay.

Magikrazy

• Donkey Kong
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2013, 09:12:10 AM »
@M&SG: That is way too many DK characters. Might as well have Wario characters.
🦀🦀MAGIK IS GONE🦀🦀

Dorayaki

• Goombella
  • King Bowser
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2013, 09:31:33 AM »
I did have the following roster input in mind.
Not saying the overage of species, as the first Mario WiiU spinoff I wonder how many character can be included, to prove that whether the upgraded capacity of WiiU helps diversity. Not another example like Mix Sports.

Suppose that all 24 Kart 6 racers are retained, I guess there won't be more than six new racers.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

@M&SG: That is way too many DK characters. Might as well have Wario characters.
Agree. If the staff hope that W&G works.

Magikrazy

• Donkey Kong
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2013, 10:44:39 AM »
I'm gonna say no on wingless Tucayo (aka Kooper), and would rather have a generic Koopa Troopa.
🦀🦀MAGIK IS GONE🦀🦀

NSY

• Celestial Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2013, 11:25:38 AM »
how did tucky get in there (does that mean smasher can be in there as well)

Pualine should not be there as well.
Rest in Peace Walkazo, forever will be missed

Shygul

• Nikaido Saki
  • Donkey Kong
    • View Profile
    • my new website plz check it out and share on facebook
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2013, 12:03:56 PM »
Kooper is an obscure character and really doesn't deserve to be in it,IMO.

Anser

• King Bowser
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2013, 02:09:47 PM »
Yeah, RPG characters should stay just where they came from.

What I'd definitely like to see is have less retro tracks on the disc from the start and have more original tracks making a newer Mario Kart experience right from the get-go. Nintendo's running out of good tracks that they haven't already used in DS, Wii or 7. They could have only 2 cups dedicated to retro tracks (one track from every game, 2 from MK7) and the other 6 dedicated to new tracks.

Having that said, if they do something like this they need to have other retro tracks as DLC, maybe even recreating the entire series in MKU. Don't get me wrong, I always loved the retro tracks system, I'd like to see how every Mario Kart game would look in HD without some hackers making mediocre ports with very little polygon counts doing it instead.

Oh, and bring back the bikes. nuff said

I agree with this. I think this should be the last Mario Kart game that uses retro tracks. I mean, they're running out of old tracks because they've already re-used most of them, and I highly doubt they're planning on re-re-using tracks. I'd say that it would be better if every single track in the game was brand new. Don't get me wrong, I really like old tracks because they add a great nostalgia factor (I've been waiting to see Mario Kart 64's Toad's Turnpike and Yoshi's Valley in good graphics way too long!) but I really think it's already their time to go. Mario Kart Wii U really should be last one that uses retro tracks. Or at least that's what I think.

And, something I've already talked about in another thread whose name I don't remember: I think we should have 4 races instead of 5 like in the original Super Mario Kart. That, and maybe adding two new cups. I don't know, the Shine Sprite Cup? 1-Up Mushroom Cup? Ice Flower Cup? Rainbow Cup? You name it. But if that gets added, imagine: 10 cups with 5 tracks each, we would get 50 tracks!! It would break Mario Kart Super Circuit's record of being the game with more tracks in the series.

Although I'd like this to be in the next Mario Kart. I mean, if the retro tracks concept is finally out of the series by Mario Kart 9, I'd rather have all 50 tracks being brand new.

Yoshidude99

• Celestial Guide
  • yoshidude99
  • Yoshidude is here
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2013, 02:14:02 PM »
Bikes need to return. 7 didn't feel right without them.

Anser

• King Bowser
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2013, 02:20:13 PM »
Oh and one more thing!! I hope they bring back the concept of turning into a Mini Bob-Omb after you lose all three balloons in Battle Mode. That caused some pretty darn good madness. Running around, chasing your opponents and helping their defeat... That was awesome!

Until you exploded. But that's for another day.

Cirdec

• Celestial Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2013, 02:20:31 PM »
Bikes need to return. 7 didn't feel right without them.

I am fine with it as long as they are balanced, but in Mario Kart Wii they were just better than karts.

Yoshidude99

• Celestial Guide
  • yoshidude99
  • Yoshidude is here
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2013, 02:22:06 PM »
Yeah but I did like in MKWii how the Bikes and Karts had advantages and disadvantages over each other like the Karts having orange drift boosts and the Bikes don't but can do wheelies.

Northern Verve

• Princess of Magic
  • Star Spirit
  • SonicMario
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2013, 02:36:57 PM »
Oh and one more thing!! I hope they bring back the concept of turning into a Mini Bob-Omb after you lose all three balloons in Battle Mode. That caused some pretty darn good madness. Running around, chasing your opponents and helping their defeat... That was awesome!

Until you exploded. But that's for another day.

Hehe that would be a neat homage to Mario Kart 64 (At least I think that was the only game that had that). Some of the things I liked about Mario Kart 7 was the nods (Some of the music, Pipe Frame kart, etc.) it gave to that game. It might be greedy to suggest Wii U does more of that trend. But I hope for it all the same.

Though I suppose if it were up to me, a majority of the retro courses would be from that game. Since there's not a course from that game I really dislike :P Which is why it's still my favorite Mario Kart game. Even if it is kinda nostalgia driven.

If nothing else though, an N64 Rainbow Road in HD would be all I need (Even if they have to make it 1 Lap like they did with the Rainbow Road in Mario Kart 7 or at least 2. I know it's a long course)

Gamefreak75

• Global Moderator
  • Power Star
  • "The hated boss who beats you down..."
    • View Profile
    • Kirby Wikia
« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2013, 02:53:22 PM »
It would break Mario Kart Super Circuit's record of being the game with more tracks in the series.
Most of Super Mario Kart's courses looked exactly the same. I know the entire course was different, but there was just something that didn't seem special about it. Going back to SMK after playing pretty much every game after it is almost impossible.

On the note of retro courses, I hope they don't use SMK courses. I'd rather they use more Super Circuit courses instead. It was a *bleep*ty game, but it had some great courses.

Mayor Pauline

• \
  • Donkey Kong
  • Zae
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2013, 02:58:29 PM »
It would break Mario Kart Super Circuit's record of being the game with more tracks in the series.
Most of Super Mario Kart's courses looked exactly the same. I know the entire course was different, but there was just something that didn't seem special about it. Going back to SMK after playing pretty much every game after it is almost impossible.

On the note of retro courses, I hope they don't use SMK courses. I'd rather they use more Super Circuit courses instead. It was a *bleep*ty game, but it had some great courses.

I'd prefer them not to use older game tracks PERIOD.

Or atleast from smk atleast, as that game is to the point of crap.

What needs to be done the most however concerning tracks, is the battle tracks. As they're is hardly ever any at all and almost all of them look like little effort was put in them.

Also concerning bikes, i think its fine as long as there is better balance(which really is what the entire series needs in general). Worse handeling and worse recovery time might do the trick maybe.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 03:36:41 PM by Samus Aran »
Rest in peace, walkazo.

Lakituthequick

• with lowercase T and Q
  • Awards Committee
  • Celestial Guide
  • Rest in Peace, Walkazo 😢
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2013, 03:31:10 PM »
I hope they bring back Lakitu. Maybe they can have him being chased by his cloud like Rosalina's Luma in MKWii.

And they must improve Mii's voice. Or have a voice-recorder.

Anser

• King Bowser
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2013, 03:41:15 PM »

Yup. Me too. I'd rather have all tracks being brand new. I know, however, that the retro tracks concept is going to stick around for a little big longer.

Cirdec

• Celestial Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2013, 03:49:24 PM »
For roster I would be glad if they keep Baby Daisy and Metal Mario.

I hope they will give a better unlocking criterion, getting 20 000 coins to unlock every kart in MK7 was just ridiculous.

Sakura Matou

• The Imaginary Element
  • Celestial Guide
  • Crackin355
  • "Welcome home, Senpai." △
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2013, 04:40:15 PM »

Yup. Me too. I'd rather have all tracks being brand new. I know, however, that the retro tracks concept is going to stick around for a little big longer.

I think it's a good ability to be able to accept something as going to happen even if what you want is different.

I wouldn't mind seeing the more unique levels of Super Circuit brought back for this game. Some of them were pretty sweet.

New Super Mario

• NSM
  • Celestial Guide
  • Ghirahim
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2013, 04:43:09 PM »
I would love to see more extra modes being added besides Battle. I mean, games like Capture the Flag, Cops and Robbers, and things like that would be pretty cool on Multiplayer.

GalacticPetey

• Donkey Kong
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2013, 05:01:59 PM »
Speaking of battle, I want bob-omb battle