Author Topic: Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe  (Read 921144 times)

Dragalge

• Girly poisonous seadragon
  • Star Spirit
  • A51 Trooper
    • View Profile
Re: Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
« Reply #9980 on: April 14, 2019, 04:23:41 PM »
I gave away the Wii U version when I was buying the Deluxe version at Gamestop.

Ray Trace

• Yeah, hahaha, a little bit more hand sanitizer and we wouldn't be in this mess.
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • Baby Luigi
  • 🇷🇺 Малыш Луиджи 🇷🇺 – сырная бл🧀🧀🧀 Тарелка!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9981 on: April 14, 2019, 08:05:19 PM »
i have no use for the wii u version either anyway. my wii u's disc drive is busted and can't play wii u cds anymore, forcing me to rely on digital installs to play wii u games >_>
RIP B. "Walkazo" Dalziel. December 16, 1991 to March 27, 2016.

Creature from the Depths of Hell Itself

• Super Smash Bros. Brawl uses a dual-layer disc due to the size of the game data. Nintendo of America has stated that some Wii consoles may have difficulty reading the high-density software due to a contaminated laser lens.
  • Luma
  • Jigglypurin
  • I regret my username.
    • View Profile
    • Super Fighting Robot!
« Reply #9982 on: April 14, 2019, 08:12:20 PM »
i have no use for the wii u version either anyway. my wii u's disc drive is busted and can't play wii u cds anymore, forcing me to rely on digital installs to play wii u games >_>
wiiu.hacks.guide
I'm a 14-year-old gamer who used to be inactive.
FLASH BRIEFING: Atari and AtGames rename Atari Flashback 10 to "Atari 2600 Mini" and removes 84 games; reception is more positive than ever

Ray Trace

• Yeah, hahaha, a little bit more hand sanitizer and we wouldn't be in this mess.
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • Baby Luigi
  • 🇷🇺 Малыш Луиджи 🇷🇺 – сырная бл🧀🧀🧀 Тарелка!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9983 on: April 14, 2019, 08:18:12 PM »
I typically use the loadiine stuff rather than a CFW as apparently that requires you own an eshop game. I guess maybe I could snatch a Partners in Time copy out of the eshop but I think I'm pretty content with using the loadiine thing as of now. Besides, my Wii U can't read discs. Period. It leaves dumping and any sort of disc reading entirely out of the question, forcing me to rely on piracy to actually get the files needed for a digital install in the system, in which I did do. Unfortunately, Smash for Wii U takes up a good chunk of my system space, causing me to back-up saves in several USB sticks and then deleting saves for the system.
RIP B. "Walkazo" Dalziel. December 16, 1991 to March 27, 2016.

Leo Luster

• You're gonna stop because that's what you do when you're faced with an irresistible force
  • King Bowser
  • Shy Guy on Wheels
  • And irresistible is what I am baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #9984 on: April 15, 2019, 03:40:34 AM »
Speaking of modding on Wii U and Switch, are there any consistent ways to mod the Switch?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 05:16:54 AM by Shy Guy on Wheels »

Creature from the Depths of Hell Itself

• Super Smash Bros. Brawl uses a dual-layer disc due to the size of the game data. Nintendo of America has stated that some Wii consoles may have difficulty reading the high-density software due to a contaminated laser lens.
  • Luma
  • Jigglypurin
  • I regret my username.
    • View Profile
    • Super Fighting Robot!
« Reply #9985 on: April 15, 2019, 12:12:12 PM »
Speaking of modding on Wii U and Switch, are there any consistent ways to mod the Switch?
Fuseé Geleé?
I'm a 14-year-old gamer who used to be inactive.
FLASH BRIEFING: Atari and AtGames rename Atari Flashback 10 to "Atari 2600 Mini" and removes 84 games; reception is more positive than ever

Princess Mario

• Mushroom Kingdom's Most 🦄Fabulous🦄 Wario Killer
  • Donkey Kong
  • LeftyGreenMario
  • R.I.P. Walkazo December 16, 1991 - March 27, 2016
    • View Profile
    • RationalWiki
« Reply #9986 on: April 15, 2019, 03:26:26 PM »
The only consistent way I know requires you own a Switch prior to summer 2018 (or 2017, not super sure, got my Switch at the christmas before it was patched) (where there's a hardware exploit, check here if your Switch can be hardware exploited) grab some tiny plastic thingy (a "jig" like this), which you can also 3d print, get a copper wire from a cheap ethernet cable you cut open, and then you fit that wire into the teeny plastic thingy, and you slide it in the right joycon rail on the Switch (the red side if you have a colorful Switch) to try grounding the pins inside the joycon rail (pin 10). You then try to boot into recovery mode (RCM) by holding down VOL+. If nothing displays, you're doing it right. You then download some payloads in your computer, attach your Switch to the computer through cable, and you execute those payloads for your Switch, and then there's a basic screen with simple text and shows actions you do for the Switch. If you have the appropriate files in your SD card, you can boot into modded firmware like Atmosphere and so on. But you should back up your NAND and dump your BIS keys somewhere, it's for security reasons.

The thing is that the moment you power off your Switch, you have to do this process again. Not sure if there will be methods of modding the Switch without the tethering to the PC just to boot the payload (though you don't need it tethered all the time, just the part where you boot the payload). It's probably going to be annoying in the future when you make mods and test them out, because the Switch forces you to turn off every time you remove the SD card.

You can technically do this with a paperclip bent to a particular shape and downs the pins you need to down, but a jig makes it easier to ground the correct pins, and paperclips carry the risk of damaging your pins, owing to how scratchy and tough they are, so it's not recommended.

Advantage of doing this, is that you're taking advantage of a hardware flaw that Nintendo just can't patch out completely so while Nintendo does try to patch out Atmosphere and other exploits, they can't do a thing about your jig, so it doesn't take so long for Atmosphere to update.

Oh, and you should disable automatic updates through your system through changing your DNS in internet settings.

As for 3d printing the jig, that's doable and recommended, as the price in the link above is a bit much, and it's exactly what I did, got this jig (used this remix to help me bend the wires but I had to use a copper wire a bit longer to ground the pins), took like 5 minutes to print, and I had to play around with the copper wire for a while. I did got the thing finally booting to RCM, and I did successfully injected a payload, and I even had a mod for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe working briefly, so I speak from experience.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 12:57:02 AM by LeftyGreenMario »

Princess Mario

• Mushroom Kingdom's Most 🦄Fabulous🦄 Wario Killer
  • Donkey Kong
  • LeftyGreenMario
  • R.I.P. Walkazo December 16, 1991 - March 27, 2016
    • View Profile
    • RationalWiki
« Reply #9987 on: April 16, 2019, 06:10:58 PM »
Oh, also, I just learned about an exploit called "deja vu" that allows people on patched units to exploit their Switch, though that requires firmware 4.2.0. and under, so that's probably out of question. Just don't update your Switch and burn fuses, it's not like Nintendo has anything worthwhile in those updates themselves except stability improvements forcing you to update your games and maybe save transfers?