Rock Band guitar won't connect to Wii

Hobbes

Tucayo
Retired Wiki Staff
'Shroom Consultant
MarioWiki
Henry Tucayo Clay
Not sure if this belongs here, but w/e

Apparently this is a recurring issue, but all I could find in Google were idiotic answers like "uhh maybe its out of batteries" or "are u sure its on?", but I know you people are smarter than that.

BTW, this is the guitar model that doesn't need a Wiimote. The guitar's lights don't stop blinking, even after I follow the steps to sync it with the USB receiver. Actually, all they do is blink. After blinking for some minutes they just turn off. Once I managed to connect it but it disconnected within a minute. I've opened the guitar and all connections are ok; I cleared all the Wiimotes connections and the batteries are new. It worked just fine when I last used it two years ago.

Hm...

I play Rock Band just about every day on the Wii and I never have problems with connectivity. What Rock Band game is it? Rock Band 1, 2, 3, or Lego? And which game is the guitar from?

I have the problem with Rock Band 1 and Track Pack 1, and the guitar is the one that originally came with Rock Band 1.

Ah, yes, the thing is, RB1 is 5 years old, and the Track Pack 1 is over 4 years old, so the instruments just may be getting old/outdated.

Let's see...Is the dongle blinking on and off? And you've checked the the switch is set to On? Is the guitar in good condition?

Yup, the dongle is blinking, everything is set to on and the guitar is just a little bit dusty, but it's in perfect condition.

Hmm, that's really odd. You might want to go to the Rock Band site and post a topic on the Support board of the forums there, because I've never heard of something like this happening.

New Super Mario said:
I have Band Hero, which is similar to Rock Band anyway.

Agh, I never liked that game. The worst in the Guitar Hero series in my opinion. Then again, I view everything after World Tour as a joke

Pokémon Trainer Red said:
Souldn't this be in HelpDesk?

And I think your guitar might be broken
afaik HelpDesk is only for questions related to the forum.

I actually think it might be the dongle. I managed to play half a song yesterday. Anyway, I'll probably have to get another one.

Alright then.

If you have any other Rock Band problems send me a PM. I know a lot about the series as I've been playing it since '09 and have bought over 100 downloadable songs for it.

Tucky the Snowman said:
Pokémon Trainer Red said:
Souldn't this be in HelpDesk?

And I think your guitar might be broken
afaik HelpDesk is only for questions related to the forum.
HelpDesk has been used for many other things, recently how to spell "yes" in Spanish

Back