Official Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit thread

Specific Neptune

how're you doin'
Pronouns
Any
Since no one has made a topic on this one yet, I'll make one.

I haven't read any of the books or watched any of the movies, but I plan to try and get the Lego Lord of the Rings video game when it comes out.

I have the Special DVD Edition, but they're even longer than the theater-shown movie

I like to watch lord of the rings at least once a month.

The hobbit is the only book I've ever read all the way through. I enjoyed it.

I'm going to read this series next, because I finished my other series and I do not plan to read Mockingjay anytime soon.

I love Lord of the rings and the hobbit one of the greatest storys ever told.I've recently finished reading the hobbit

this is one of my favorite book series ever, for a variety of reasons which i could probably spend all day reiterating

i also really liked the movies, since they were both good movies and good book adaptations at the same time (which is hard to do)

Lord of the Rings is awsome, I watch all 3 movies in a row every 6 months, and I watch at 1 least movie every month.Plus I"ve read all 3 books and The Hobbit twice.(I'm counting down to the Hobbit's release in theaters.)

One or two more chapters then I'll be re-reading Return of the King. I need to watch the extended versions. LOTR and The Hobbit are simply amazing works, both in film and in literature. 'Nuff said.

My dad found his old collection with all the books, so I'll start reading soon. The movies were great from what I've seen, I always fall asleep after twenty minutes because my cousins always choose 10:00PM for movie time

Ugh...for English Class we've been forced to read The Hobbit for the last two weeks. We are at the 12th chapter together as a class.

I like the story and all, but does it really have to have all these allusions to World War I and the Bible? Also, my teacher everyday is like: "Bi, Two, Bilbo, Two Books." And we always talk about ambivalence and how they go through the mountains like the inverse of the cruxification and how everything has to mean something different.

I really am getting tired of trying to find hidden meanings in every word, and I have fallen asleep 4 times in the middle of a sentence while reading it. I hope I'll have the attention span to watch the 3 hour movie.

Fi said:
Ugh...for English Class we've been forced to read The Hobbit for the last two weeks. We are at the 12th chapter together as a class.

I like the story and all, but does it really have to have all these allusions to World War I and the Bible? Also, my teacher everyday is like: "Bi, Two, Bilbo, Two Books." And we always talk about ambivalence and how they go through the mountains like the inverse of the cruxification and how everything has to mean something different.

I really am getting tired of trying to find hidden meanings in every word, and I have fallen asleep 4 times in the middle of a sentence while reading it. I hope I'll have the attention span to watch the 3 hour movie.

The book itself was NOT intented to be an allergory when it was written,just some people interpet it as that,even though it really isn't.

Tolkien was a Christian, and did intend to put some references in there, but to search for them in classrooms is just ridiculous. Books are meant to be enjoyed, especially tolkien's books, which are fantastic, not to analyse every single word, and seeing if there's a hidden meaning behind one of the words.

Fi said:

[quote author=terminallyCapricious]TC: kNoWiNg ShIt JuSt StEaLs Up AlL tHe FuCkIn MaGiC fRoM mY mIrAcLeS lIkE a MoThErFuCkIn ThIeF.
TC: AnD tHaT aIn'T cOoL.
[/quote]
But wow. Why. Just why force it to be that?

Fi said:

Why not just enjoy the book and stop looking for bible refrences,and i loved the book..in fact i might read it again

Everytime Gandalf disapears i get sad but then i go FUCK YEAH hes back!

Anywany, I finished re-reading The Hobbit a week or so ago. Really good. Finally know the story behind Battle of Five Armies. Still dislike Smaug's death. >:[ Hope he is portrayed correctly in the film(s). (Red and gold with a jewel-encrusted underbelly)

Back