Le official James Bond thread

Specific Neptune

how're you doin'
Pronouns
Any
Let's talk about the new James Bond movie.

Re: Skyfall

all I know is that Adele, who I cannot stand, did the theme song for it, and I'm never going to listen to it

nonetheless, James Bond is an overall badass but I probably won't get a chance to see the movie

MCS said:
all I know is that Adele, who I cannot stand, did the theme song for it, and I'm never going to listen to it

nonetheless, James Bond is an overall badass but I probably won't get a chance to see the movie

You'd think it would be bad, but the theme song was actually pretty good, it captured the sound of bond pretty well, however I would still have liked to see Supremacy by Muse used as the main theme song of the film.

I mean, Muse isn't all that James Bond-y, are they?
Neither is Adele, mind.
It's a good song though, no doubt. Looking forward to the film.

Goombella said:
I mean, Muse isn't all that James Bond-y, are they?
Neither is Adele, mind.
It's a good song though, no doubt. Looking forward to the film.

You haven't heard Supremacy yet. Trust me, if you heard it, you'd hear the James Bond in it.

You don't have to be "James Bond-y" to write a fantastic James Bond sounding theme. You don't even have to be British (I'm looking towards Chris Cornell on that one) but it is preferred.

I've heard Supremacy. Not really all that Bond-ish.
Also, a not British person writing a James Bond theme? Shut your mouth!

MCS said:

I don't mind Adele, I mean Adele is one of the actually half decent female artists these days.

Anyway. Loved it. As did my brother, friends, Grandparents and anyone else I knew who watched it.

Phantom L said:
MCS said:

I don't mind Adele, I mean Adele is one of the actually half decent female artists these days.

Anyway. Loved it. As did my brother, friends, Grandparents and anyone else I knew who watched it.

Your grandparents are awesome. If mine saw this movie, they'd probably leave within the first scene.

Not that they aren't awesome theirselves, they just don't like this type of movie. :P

Last week, when we went to see Wreck-It Ralph, the showing wasn't for another half hour, so we sat in and watched a little bit of Skyfall. Let me tell you, it kicked serious ass. I watched the movie from when they were practicing shooting with the glass of liquid on the woman's head to the end of the chase scene where Bond is chasing Raoul all over the place after he escaped his cell and disguised as a policeman.

I loved it, my favorite of the Daniel Craig movies.

And I loved the Aston Martin, it was a shame it was destroyed :(

MCS said:
Last week, when we went to see Wreck-It Ralph, the showing wasn't for another half hour, so we sat in and watched a little bit of Skyfall. Let me tell you, it kicked serious ass. I watched the movie from when they were practicing shooting with the glass of liquid on the woman's head to the end of the chase scene where Bond is chasing Raoul all over the place after he escaped his cell and disguised as a policeman.

To the part where the train went crashing through the roof?

Radagast the Brown said:
MCS said:

You'd think it would be bad, but the theme song was actually pretty good, it captured the sound of bond pretty well, however I would still have liked to see Supremacy by Muse used as the main theme song of the film.

Adele has a powerful voice, so I'm a bit disappointed that the song wasn't stronger. It wasn't bad, though, and I had it caught in my head for a few days after watching it.

I'm saddened that Judi Dench's M died :c She was one of my favorite characters. I'm also somewhat disappointed that this Q isn't a silly old man, but instead a somewhat smug college dude. The wacky gadget scenes are my favorite in these movies, and I missed out on that. Other than those things, I thought the movie was quite neat! I really loved the Silva character, and the implying-Bond-had-gay-sex scene was a nice touch~. His escape was also brilliant, but I'm still wondering how he actually got past the guards. I saw that he was unzipping his shirt or something like that, but I'm unsure what significance that had.

Radagast the Brown said:
MCS said:

That would have been an excellent theme song

My father wants to see this, so it's possible I might see it.

I'm not much of a fan of action movies, but I've heard it's really good.

Politoed said:
Adele has a powerful voice, so I'm a bit disappointed that the song wasn't stronger. It wasn't bad, though, and I had it caught in m head for a few days after watching it.

I will admit she has a stellar voice, but her music just isn't my cup of tea.

Back