If anyone knows how to put custom textures in Brawl...

I would like some help. I know I need Homebrew and Gecko OS, both of which I have, but from there I'm lost. If anyone is interested in helping me, please PM me.

Download Riivoultion and get xml file for it then go to kc-mm.com for tutorial

If you can't still find the right xml file, I can make mediafire account and give you download links for it

I have best xml file ever that it works great

Also you need to download ocarina for Rii too

Ventus said:
Download Riivoultion and get xml file for it then go to kc-mm.com for tutorial

Riivolution is optional, but it's better than Gecko in most cases when you need to Brawl hack. It's good for replacing sound effects, supports SDHC cards, and other stuff.

Ventus said:
If you can't still find the right xml file, I can make mediafire account and give you download links for it

There is no "right" .xml file. There are tons out there specifically formatted to work with Brawl and they all work according to an individual's tastes.

Ventus said:
I have best xml file ever that it works great

What makes you say that, hmmmm??? .xml files depend on how you want to use them. I have an .xml that makes the file set-up similar to Gecko's file set-up. And it works great too. Don't go around claiming stuff like that.

Ventus said:
Also you need to download ocarina for Rii too

Only if you're planning to use Riivolution. If not, you don't need these. The only reason you should download this is that you're using Riivolution and that you want to use cheat codes. However, cheat codes can be helpful in capturing some great images, such as Free-cam.

Since ToxBox failed to provide a direct link to a tutorial that might be helpful, I'll directly link it:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=12169.0

Go to Section 3. Downloading and Using Brawl Hacks. That should answer most of your questions.

Okay, but whats this about codes? Do I need those long lists of codes? Where do I put them.

You must understand I only hacked my Wii two days ago.

Get ocarina code mamager, google it and it works on Ocarina and Gecko

Some those hacks requires cheat codes, they will give out cheat codes file

I use cheat codes for character selection screen and unlimited camera access

I would prefer not to download anything more than I have to. I looked at the guides and they are still too technical.

Let me rephrase this:

Say I wanted to put this texture in brawl.

I would be eternally grateful if someone could give me a step by step on how to do this.

If you're using just Gecko, you need to use the file patch code!

This link here is where you download ocarina. Now as I quote from Wiird:

- When you open the unzipped file, you will see two folders, which are named 'hbc' and 'pc'.
- Open the 'hbc' folder, and you will see a folder that is named 'ocarina'.
- Now, on the root of the SD card, create a folder, and name it 'apps'.
- After that, copy the 'ocarina' folder into the 'apps' folder.
- After this, Ocarina should show on the Homebrew Channel.

The PC folder is the computer application, in which you can (of course), modify codes in your computer. These are the instructions for using Ocarina in your computer (as I quote again from Wiird:

- Download the .txt file for the game that you want, and open it in the Wii Cheat Code Manager. (My note: You don't necessarily need to download the .txt file, but you can download the .txt from the code website for a complete set of codes)
- On the top left hand corner, you should see the 'Game ID'. I believe that it should be about six characters.
- To the right of 'Game ID' you should see 'Game Name', which should list the game that the codes are for.
- Below 'Game ID', you will see a list of available codes for that game. If you select a code, on the right side, you will see the code name, the contents of the code, and possibly some comments on the code.
- Select the codes that you want to use, click on 'Export to GCT', and export it to your SD card. For example, on my Windows XP computer, it is listed as 'Removable Disc (E:)'. It will then place the .gct file in the 'codes' folder on the card. If the folder is not already created, it will create it for you.

To get cheat codes/download .txt files, this is the site you go to: http://geckocodes.org/

They have many codes for many games out there, and Brawl is definitely one of them. Note, that the file patch code, which is required when you are running gecko and trying to load texture hacks, is found in the link in my previous post, not in geckocodes.org

EDIT: I see that you have ninja'd me. All you need now is ocarina for the file patch code and that's it. Follow the above instructions on how to get ocarina codes in your game and you're pretty much set. That is, if your folders are already set up and all.

Now, say you want that particular texture? Where you put it should go like this:

X:\private\wii\app\rsbe\pf\fighter\toonlink

With the texture going into the toonlink folder

Back