Worst New Item in MKWii

Wayoshi

PM Pro
As much as I hate the Blue Shell, I gotta say the POW Block sucks big time. Losing my protection from red shells when way ahead is pretty bad, and even worse the only way to avoid this is to be in the air, which is coincidental at best.

McWayo said:
As much as I hate the Blue Shell, I gotta say the POW Block sucks big time. Losing my protection from red shells when way ahead is pretty bad, and even worse the only way to avoid this is to be in the air, which is coincidental at best.
Yes, I agree. AND THEY REMOVED THE BOO! *cries*

I've noticed the 150cc/Mirror CPU jumping out of a spinout from a POW Block quickly...there may be some way to lighten the damage after all.

But no solution for the Cloud - even worse, the item is forced upon you on selection.

I'll just go ahead and say they all suck. :)

Even though they don't. :P

Am I still talking? :eek:

Meh, maybe not.

Oh wait, yes I am.

I'll stop now. :-\

Thunder Cloud. It's the single most annoying item in the game. :(

I've learned to avoid the POW Block while on the ground. Just before the last pound, do the controls for a trick or wheelie. You'll lose your item anyway, but won't be slowed down.

As for the most annoying item, I'd go with the Thunder Cloud. While the Blue Shell is just plain cheap in this game (it rocked in MK64), the thunder cloud is just annoying to get, because it's forced on you automatically, and it's annoying to pass it on.

tucayo said:
the cloud

I REALLY MISS BOO :'( :boo:
Srsly. Boo FTW!

My theory is that he was removed as an item cuz Boo was meant to be playable in MKWii. But, when Boo was removed, they forgot to add Boo back in as an item. :P

</Rudnicki-like theory>

Pow block and Thunder cloud
Pow block:You lose all you items.That's just mean. :'(Most of the time every one but the player using the pow block gets slowed down.
Thunder cloud:You have to use the item automatically. :(

I still hate the blue shell the most. :P

I hate that too, but what I hate more is the lightning cloud

Pokemon DP said:
Thunder Cloud. It's the single most annoying item in the game. :(

You've got that right, DP. Also, they might've removed boo becuase King boo's in the game. Remember Double Dash, with no Boo?

Hah, n00bs. You can "avoid" the POWs like Snowstalker said. Yeah, they make you lose your items, but a lightning does that, too. The Thunder Cloud is bad. Notice the "YOU FAIL" sound when you get it? A pain in the ass to get a a lightweight on Rainbow Road.

Off-topic concerning the Blue Shell: It may sound odd, but I don't mind it. I can't believe I'm the only lucky soul that gets hits either no time or once per race in 90% of the races. I'm happy when I get one. On Peach Gardens I got 2nd place (from 5th) thanks to a Blue Shell. It isn't useless. The Lightning is far worse. I get pissed of every time when I get hit. Of course I can't deny that I got spammed by Blue Shells and hated it then, too. The only time it really pisses me off is in Coin Runners. They made is so overpowered and unfair there, it's not even funny.

(Note: I read pretty much about that subject at GameFAQs, where everyone complains about that)

PaperStriker said:
Hah, n00bs. You can "avoid" the POWs like Snowstalker said. Yeah, they make you lose your items, but a lightning does that, too. The Thunder Cloud is bad. Notice the "YOU FAIL" sound when you get it? A pain in the ass to get a a lightweight on Rainbow Road.

Off-topic concerning the Blue Shell: It may sound odd, but I don't mind it. I can't believe I'm the only lucky soul that gets hits either no time or once per race in 90% of the races. I'm happy when I get one. On Peach Gardens I got 2nd place (from 5th) thanks to a Blue Shell. It isn't useless. The Lightning is far worse. I get pissed of every time when I get hit. Of course I can't deny that I got spammed by Blue Shells and hated it then, too. The only time it really pisses me off is in Coin Runners. They made is so overpowered and unfair there, it's not even funny.

(Note: I read pretty much about that subject at GameFAQs, where everyone complains about that)

No, you're the n00b. The only people who like Blue Shells are the ones who aren't good enough to be in first place. ;)

Garlic Man said:
PaperStriker said:

No, you're the n00b. The only people who like Blue Shells are the ones who aren't lucky enough to be in first place. ;)
Fix'd.

Actually, I hate the Blue Shell. But so many others do and wanna defend it. T_T And... it has helped me so many times... *cries*

PaperStriker said:
Garlic Man said:
PaperStriker said:

No, you're the n00b. The only people who like Blue Shells are the ones who aren't good enough to be in first place. ;)
Fix'd.

Actually, I love the Blue Shell. But everybody else doesn't, because they're too good. And... I'm just not good enough.
Please do not change quotes of other people. I don't like that. :(

I am so lucky.I Was in DK Parkway.I had a thundercloud.Then I went to the river jump. Then I lost the thunder cloud. :)

Lakitu bros said:
I am so lucky.I Was in DK Parkway.I had a thundercloud.Then I went to the river jump. Then I lost the thunder cloud. :)
:eek:

I don't like any of the new items, to be honest. The POW block simply annoys me. The Thunder Cloud is hard to get rid of once you jump to first with the speed boost it gives you and the Mega Mushroom is so rare and doesn't last long, it's basically redundant.

Lakitu bros said:
That's no luck, that's a game mechanic.

Back