Author Topic: OFFICIAL 'SHROOM AWARDS III CEREMONY  (Read 38539 times)

Azusa Miura

• Wiki Administrator
  • Shine Sprite
  • Turboo
    • View Profile
OFFICIAL 'SHROOM AWARDS III CEREMONY
« on: August 10, 2012, 02:09:17 PM »
The 'Shroom Awards III will be held here in about 3 hours (14:00 (2:00) PST/17:00 (5:00) EST)! This ceremony showcases the best of our site's newspaper.

Schedule:

14:00 - ‘Shroom opening script - Tucayo
14:05 - S1. Favorite Director - Crocodile Dippy
14:10 - S6. Favorite Fun Stuff Writer - Count Bonsula
14:15 - S8. Favorite Pipe Plaza Writer - Marioguy1
14:20 - S7. Favorite Music & Artwork Writer - Smasher
14:25 - S5. Favorite Fake News Writer - MrConcreteDonkey
14:30 - S9. Favorite Issue of the Past Year - Tucayo
14:35 - S3. Favorite Sub-Team Director - Bop1996
14:40 - S4. Favorite Main Team Writer - Pyro
14:45 - S2. Favorite Sub-Team - Bop1996
14:50 - S10. Favorite Event - Super Mario Bros.
14:55 - 'Shroom closing script - Tucayo

Host: Tucayo
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 02:32:10 PM by Mondo Oowada »

Nabber

• Mushroom Attendant
  • nabber
    • View Profile
Re: OFFICIAL 'SHROOM AWARDS III CEREMONY
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 02:11:29 PM »
Can't wait.

Hobbes

• Wiki Administrator
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Star Spirit
  • tucayo
  • Poll Committee Vice-Chairman
    • View Profile
    • The 'Shroom
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 02:12:33 PM »
Spoiler alert: I win all of them. Even Favorite Event.

New Super Mario

• NSM
  • Celestial Guide
  • Ghirahim
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 02:13:02 PM »
I probably won't follow the Shroom Awards.

Hobbes

• Wiki Administrator
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Star Spirit
  • tucayo
    • View Profile
    • The 'Shroom
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 02:16:10 PM »
I probably won't follow the Shroom Awards.
Your head shall hang in the first post as a reminder of what will happen to those who don't follow the Shroom Awards

New Super Mario

• NSM
  • Celestial Guide
  • Ghirahim
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2012, 02:16:50 PM »
Well, I'll still look at the results, I just don't think I'll be here.

Noisemaster

• It's ya boy ERNEST CLINE comin' up on you DEAD from READY PLAYER ONE!
  • Global Moderator
  • Celestial Guide
  • MrConcreteDonkey
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2012, 02:17:04 PM »
Spoiler alert: I win all of them. Even Favorite Event.

favourite event: TUCAYO RETIRING

no that would be mean

John Barrowman

• Mushroom Attendant
  • Kingbowser99
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2012, 02:19:10 PM »
Keep me updated!

Hobbes

• Wiki Administrator
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Star Spirit
  • tucayo
    • View Profile
    • The 'Shroom
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2012, 04:53:53 PM »
Get ready, we kick this off in 7 minutes! Grab your popcorn and stuff.

Pyro

• Power Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2012, 04:58:07 PM »
i posted

Noisemaster

• Global Moderator
  • Celestial Guide
  • MrConcreteDonkey
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2012, 04:58:37 PM »
you've got that wrong

John Barrowman

• Mushroom Attendant
  • Kingbowser99
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2012, 04:58:53 PM »
let's get ready to RUUUUUUUUUUUMBLEE!!!

Nabber

• Mushroom Attendant
  • nabber
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2012, 04:59:11 PM »

Hobbes

• Wiki Administrator
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Star Spirit
  • tucayo
    • View Profile
    • The 'Shroom
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2012, 04:59:36 PM »
The following post is only meant for entertainment purposes and does not represent the actual opinions of the users included herein. Except mine, duh.

HI, MarioWiki! I'm your festive host, Tucayo, and welcome to the Third Annual 'Shroom Awards!! I know what you're thinking: "what? The shouting Koopa again?!" WELL YES!! No one else wanted to do it for free. If there's something I've learned in four years of presenting, it's that you don't get paid.

After negotiations with the AC, we managed to keep our 10 'Shroom Awards, but inner discussions among the Core Staff led to most of them being changed, this was made to recognize the writers instead of the sections, and to make it easier for voters to decide. We kept five awards: Favorite Director, Sub-Director, Sub-Team, Sub-Team Director and Event. Favorite Retro Issue, Recent Issue, New Writer, Veteran Writer and Section were replaced by Favorite Issue of the Past Year, Fake News, Fun Stuff, Art & Music and Pipe Plaza Writer.

Now, to the newsletter we all love. You all have already heard the history of the newsletter many times before, so I'll share it with you once again. But this time, THE REAL VERSION NO ONE WANTS YOU TO KNOW!!

It was a dark knight in the middle of the 2006 Australian summer (happy, Dippy?). Or was it our summer... Was it even 2006? Let's start this again.

The year is 1941, HK finds himself in the middle of the X battle, when he suddenly has the idea to create a newsletter in a thing called "Internet", which, naturally, hadn't been invented yet.

*HK appears on stage*

HK: Uh, that's not how it happened. I just wanted to create a community portal for the wiki.

Tucayo: That's not what my files say

HK: What? I was the one who created it, I think I know how it went. It used to be an umbrella project of the Pipe Plaza

*MG1 appears on stage*

MG1: Say that again? The 'Shroom used to be under the Pipe Plaza? This is the perfect time to bring back the Pipe Plaza Civil Revolution!

Tucayo: WHAT?! No!! Not again!!

*PP writers appear on stage and tie Tucayo to a chair*

Tucayo: WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU, PEOPLE?

MG1: The audience must know the real history of The 'Shroom! The truth will be uncovered! August 7th, 2005. An empty wasteland filled with despair and sadness.

Tucayo: Filled with despair? Wasn't it empty?!!

MG1: Duct-tape his mouth

Tucayo: What are yoblrghrgrgrgrg

MG1: That's better. A wasteland filled with despair and sadness. In the middle, a ray of light. I walked towards the light and it told me in an angel's voice: "Marioguy, you are the chosen one. Create the Pipe Plaza to reestablish order and rule the new world of the Super Mario Wiki"

*Porplemontage walks in*

Porple: Wasn't I the one that created the wiki?

MG1: ... Tie him next to Tucayo. Double duct tape for him.

*SMB also walks in*

SMB: And the Pipe Plaza was my idea!

MG1: That's right... Triple duct tape for you.

*Edofenrir jumps from behind the curtain and tackles MG1*

Edofenrir: Stop it. Here you have the real thing, the brief version:

In 2006, HK-47 decided to create The 'Shroom as a community portal for the Mario Wiki. But the one who really kicked it off was Wayoshi. After his various complications, he decided to retire, leaving the Director job to Plumber. Plumber stayed in the job until he could devise a more-proper system to choose the Director. And so the Director Elections were created, and Glowsquid went on to win the first election. That was a bad time for the wiki, troll attacks were at a high point, and that was unavoidably reflected in The 'Shroom, which suffered one of the biggest writers' droughts ever. 2008 came to an end, and the Director Election matched Former Fake News Director and Wiki 'Crat, Stooben; then-Sub-Director, Garlic Man; Mystery Images writer, Tucayo; and some other dude. Stoob won the election (and the one after that) and so the changes began. The 'Shroom was revamped in every single aspect: sign-ups, staff, sections, focus, etc... It started off as a rough year, but in the end, The 'Shroom had taken back its long-lost position of importance in the Wiki. In the 2010 Election, two Core Staff members faced each other: SMB and MG1, with the former winning the election. And he also went on to win the 2011 Election, but that time it was with a not-so-wide vote margin. We're currently in the middle of SMB's second term, and I think it's safe to say The 'Shroom is at its highest point ever.

So that's the story. And anyone who disagrees will face my wrath.

*Edo frees the hostages*

Tucayo: Thanks for that, Edo. Now everyone, off my stage. Your time will come. Back to my opening post. The Olympics started 2 weeks ago, and they had a brilliant opening ceremony, so I thought: "how am I going to match that?" and, being the smart person I am, I decided to emulate the best part of the ceremony: THE PARADE OF NATIONS!! If there is something this staff has, it's multiculturalism. So give it up for the people who have made The 'Shroom possible over the past year!

AUSTRALIA (c'mon, Dippy, smile!)

(Why yes, I'm blatantly reusing the stage from my 2009 presentation)

BRAZIL

CANADA

GERMANY

GREAT BRITAIN (just look at that top hat and the monocle, pure class)

MEXICO

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

But that's not it. It would be foolish to say it has all been thanks to us. That is why, we now have THE PARADE OF TEAMS featuring some of the writers!

MAIN TEAM
: The Main Team started with The 'Shroom. It's basically formed by sections that don't fit anywhere else and the staff rants. Longtime contributor, Former Core Staff member and our Interviewer, Stooby is here to represent them:

FAKE NEWS: Our oldest sub-team, founded in Issue I by WarioLoaf. It has been directed by WarioLoaf, 3Dejong, Confused, Xzelion, Stoob, Xpike, Ralph, Edofenrir, MCD and even SMB in one issue. Fake Ads writer, Toadbert here to represent our oldest sub-team:

FUN STUFF: Originally started as Fun Section in Issue I, it would go on to become a sub-team in Issue XXIII. Its first director was Z3r0 Tw0, and it has also been directed by Gamefreak75 and myself. AC Director and Guess Who and Guess That Game writer, Turboo comes in representation of the Fun Stuff team:

MUSIC & ART: Ideated by SMB, this team debuted in Issue XXIX. It has been directed by SMB, YellowYoshi127, Paper Pikachu, Fawfulfury65 and Smasher. Character Artwork of the Month writer, Rise Up Above It is here to represent the artsy part of the newsletter:

PIPE PLAZA: The last of the teams created under Stooben's and my reign, this team derived from a proposal made by SMB, Stoob, 02, Paper Pikachu, YY and myself to merge the defunct Pipe Plaza with The 'Shroom in Issue XXXIII. It has been directed by SMB, MG1 and Paper Yoshi. Community Report writer and wiki patroller, Bop is here to represent our news-y part:

CRITIC CORNER
: This recently-created sub-team was first suggested back in November 2009 after seeing the growing amount of review-like suggestions, but it was decided it wasn't the time for it. It finally debuted this past issue. Since it's so recent, its writers will compete as part of the Main Team. Look forward to seeing the Critic Corner in the 'Shroom Awards IV. Caiman Gaimin' writer, Xpike comes in representing our newest sub-team:

And since good things always come in threes, here you have THE PARADE OF... uuhhh... FORMER CORE STAFF MEMBERS, yes! (or at least the ones whose sprites I was able to find)

Beautiful parade, I feel like this will go on as one of the best opening posts of all time. Or not.

Stay with us, Dippy will present S1: Favorite Director in 5 minutes! Make your bets!

Noisemaster

• Global Moderator
  • Celestial Guide
  • MrConcreteDonkey
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2012, 05:01:06 PM »
That was a good opening.

GO FAKE NEWS

Ralph

• Peese shut mouf
  • Donkey Kong