TV Shows and Movies that make you Cringe

iCarly. What the heck? There's this one episode where they're all locked in this freaky girls house and if they try to break out, they will spin Spencer around on a big wheel...um...so? And at times it seems they will even forget what the episode is about and switch the main idea of the episode to something else.

And now Freddie's like "If my chip stops transmitting it will send a signal to my mom".

The Big Bang Theory. I like it, it has some really great characters and episodes, but that FUCKING LAUGH TRACK just grates on my nerves, and every time I watch a sitcom that doesn't use a laugh track (like 30 Rock or Arrested Development or Community or Better Off Ted) and then I watch an episode of TBBT I just cringe even more every time the laugh track plays. It's even more frustrating when the laughing plays at something that's not supposed to be funny.

The laugh tracks don't seem to bug me too much.

And a lot of new CN shows like Adventure Time and Regular Show.

There's too many TV shows that make me cringe to bother listing them, but if I had to pick just one, it'd be Finding Bigfoot because of the camera-wielding dumbasses claiming to be experts on something they've never seen and always asserting that a footprint, pile of shit, or whatever is automatically evidence of Bigfoot if they can't identify it as belonging to anything else.

As for movies, the only one I can think of is Twilight (obvious reasons)

Byakuya Togami said:
... Finding Bigfoot because of the camera-wielding dumbasses claiming to be experts on something they've never seen and always asserting that a footprint, pile of shit, or whatever is automatically evidence of Bigfoot if they can't identify it as belonging to anything else.

Holy shit, I know exactly what you mean. All of those shows are like that. Ancient Aliens, Monster Hunters, all of those ghost shows, etc. etc. One episode of I think Monster Hunters sticks in my memory: they were wandering through a forest and came across some nuts and bolts or something. They did a quick look-around for sheds or other structures, and when they couldn't find one, THIS MUST BE CONCLUSIVE PROOF THAT UFOs EXISTS!! IT IS UNDENIABLE. I can't stand the faux-science shows. It's honestly sickening.

On the other hand, graphic shows don't make me cringe. My family is dumbfounded by my ability to eat dinner while casually watching someone have their ribs pried back and surgery performed, or dead bodies poked at, or a severe case of plantar warts, or The Man Without a Faceetc. All of those hospital, surgery, and medical shows I can stomach really easily.

I used to love Spongebob. It was great, the characters were great, everything about it was great.

Then the episode Good Neighbors happened.

It was horrible. Spongebob and Patrick became little more than tools to Squidward completely miserable. And for people who hate Squidward, he's constantly yelling at Spongebob and Patrick even though they're just trying to help.

That episode marks the start of Spongebob's downfall, and I can't watch most of the new Sponebob episodes now.

And to think that episode was paired with a really good one (Skill Crane).

THAT FUCKING SPONGEBOB EPISODE WHERE THE SQUIDWARD TOENAIL THING HAPPENS.

as for movies, probably beetlejuice or any of the Saw movies.

Excluding T.U.F.F. Puppy, Nick@Nite, and the old Spongebob episodes (I'd be willing to say Fairly Odd Parents if the old episodes were still airing), and Legend of Korra (even though I haven't seen it yet), everything on Nickelodeon.

Jeff said:
Excluding T.U.F.F. Puppy, Nick@Nite, and the old Spongebob episodes (I'd be willing to say Fairly Odd Parents if the old episodes were still airing), everything on Nickelodeon.

I kinda hope that doesn't include Legend of Korra. Because that's a legit show they have on right now. It's first Season ends next weekend. And I think while it's not exactly as good as the original series. It's still a great show.

^ sorry about that, that actually slipped my mind since I haven't seen it yet anyway, yes, I should put it on the list of exclusion list

Spongebob Squarepants, Fish Hooks.

As for movies, really none.

everything that doesn't abide by my extremely narrow, pretentious and elitist tastes, but soap operas in particular. Especially Australian ones. Take it from an Aussie; we cannot act. At all.

Everything that involves in characters getting in embarrassing situations à la Mr. Bean, if you know what I mean. Also Brainiac, because it's just a bunch of dumb pseudo-science that shouldn't even exist.

Furthermore, the fucking laugh track. Could it die and rot in hell? Because that'd make everything much better, and I don't want shows to tell me when there is a joke. And hell, more times than not, the intended joke isn't even funny to begin with, so it's just making it so much worse.

And when it comes to films, pretty much everything where the characters don't utilise rational thinking and constantly get into trouble, making every romantic comedy unwatchable for me. Like, I want serious stuff. I want films where characters are able to think more advanced thoughts than, 'I am hungry. So I eat', if you understand what I mean. That and I want the dialogue to be interesting all time, and I also want it to be intelligent — something I have yet to experience.

TL;DR: Characters that don't have a brain make me cringe all time and the laughing track should feel bad for even existing.

I've never understood what was so great about DiC's video game cartoons. They were incredibly inaccurate that they had nothing to do with the games they were based on. Sonic has siblings? Mario and Luigi were born in Brooklyn? Mega Man's green? Not to mention the episodes couldn't go through 5 seconds without an animation error.

Jeff said:
I've never understood what was so great about DiC's video game cartoons. They were incredibly inaccurate that they had nothing to do with the games they were based on. Sonic has siblings? Mario and Luigi were born in Brooklyn? Mega Man's green? Not to mention the episodes couldn't go through 5 seconds without an animation error.

Yeah most of DiC's Video game related cartoons weren't really good at all. The only exception is Sonic SatAM but the show lost out and was canceled after the 2nd Season because it couldn't compete with Power Rangers. (The show with Sonic with Siblings was Sonic Underground. An entirely different one)

Jeff said:
Well that parts also from the games since Donkey Kong was based off of New York City and this was before Yoshi's Island came out which established that Mario & Luigi were born in the Mushroom Kingdom (although Super Mario 64 says they were from Brooklyn.)

Yoshi Mastar said:
Page 4, paragraph 1:

"According to the visitor from Brooklyn, he had been invited to the castle for a piece of cake, which Peach had just baked."

It's from the pure official Nintendo Player's guide. None of that Brady games/ Prima carp. Also it's for one of the greatest games in history so it's good enough for me.
And this was back when Nintendo of America published Nintendo Power

Chihiro Fujisaki said:
everything that doesn't abide by my extremely narrow, pretentious and elitist tastes, but soap operas in particular. Especially Australian ones. Take it from an Aussie; we cannot act. At all.
Same thing for us hispanics.

Ugh our soap operas are cheesey and cheap. There's always femme fatales. Women wearing skanky maid/nurse outfits. And the list goes on. I don't know how my family can watch something like that. Infomercials are more entertaining and that shit.

Oh god spanish cartoon dubs make me cringe along with bad anime dubs.

Jeff said:
I've never understood what was so great about DiC's video game cartoons. They were incredibly inaccurate that they had nothing to do with the games they were based on. Not to mention the episodes couldn't go through 5 seconds without an animation error.
That's why I liked them.

They were so bad, they were actually funny (except for SatAM, which was very good).

-LAUGH TRACKS especially on iCarly
-New SpongeBobs
-"omigod this place is fucking haunted" shows. It's fake. Done.

Taking from what was earlier in the thread:

Big Bang Theory: aside from more personal reasons that involve my mom worshiping this show but cringing whenever I try to watch Family Guy, there are some more reasons why I'm not a huge fan. One, it's incredibly overplayed. Not only that, but it seems like they run the same few episode over and over. Aside from that, it becomes apparent that the majority of the jokes are just sex jokes. And then in the later seasons when they become more serious about the shipping, that's all you ever see: Shamy and Leonard love triangles and Howard/Bernadette. It just gets annoying after a while.

Legend of Korra: Sorry, SM. Legend of Korra is an interesting show. I'll give it that. But the problem is that it doesn't live up to its precursor's name, in my honest opinion. Part of the reason is that they're rushing the season into thirteen episodes, but a good amount of Avatar was filler episodes and even so the plot didn't feel rushed. It doesn't help that they lose focus; first episode was about mastering airbending, then they forget about that for the rest of the season and move to the love quadrangle. That then takes a backseat for all the overpowered action that is going on. Seriously, what is up with these guys? I mean, no one can even make a dent in the Equalist's force - and they don't even have bending! Not to mention that
Tarloc can bloodbend who knows how many people at a time at any time at all with no apparent restrictions. Also, Aang almost died or something when he took away Ozai's bending and almost passes out after. But of course when Amon does it, sure, he can just take away the bending of whoever the hell he wants, any time, no problem.
Then there is the setting. A lot of the fun in Avatar came from traveling around the world and seeing new places every episode. They would only stop for a few episodes, but even then it didn't bother me much. But here, we keep seeing Republic City, Republic City, and even more Republic City. Exciting stuff. And the dialog... The adults don't know how to have any sign of personality and the teenagers go around saying dialog that feels forced. The writing just feels weird. Overall, it just feels like Legend of Korra forgot what made Avatar good and went in a more... Over dramatic direction.

(I'll add more to my rant when I think of more)

^
Just because it doesn't live up to it's precursor doesn't mean it can't be necessarily great still. A:TLA was an amazing series and if you expected Korra with it's different approach to be just as good right off the bat made you have higher expectations then even the biggest fans of Korra. I agree that Korra has it's flaws and yes at times it can feel a little rushed. But I still enjoy each and every episode and as of now is my 2nd favorite currently running Cartoon. Second only to... You guessed it: Friendship is Magic

And on that Spoiler Box

Did you miss the part where Tarrlokk is revealed to be Yakone's son? He obviously either inherited the trait or was taught by his father. Him bloodbending multiple people in the day is no different of a special feat then Metalbending was in the original series. As for Amon, hopefully we get an idea how he's able to do it in the Season Finale. But Aang managed to energybend Yakone pretty darn fast in that flashback

BTW Fun fact: Every episode of at least Season 1 of Korra has been written by the co-creators of both this and Avatar: The Last Airbender. They literally did every episode in Korra so far. Korra does kinda suffer from that because A:TLA had multiple writers and it worked out fine. And while the creators have made great episodes for A:TLA (Like the Book 2 Finale) they do seem to go heavy on the action and in some cases the romance. Just so you know, when you're blaming the writers, you're complaining about the guys who created the whole thing.

Back