2011-12 NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament

Bop1996

Power Star
Retired Wiki Staff
Alright, so the tournament has officially started today (I don't count the First Four, really).

Discuss the tournament's teams, results, and predictions for the tournament here.

I've been wanting to start a topic for this and the women's tourney for awhile now...

Anyways, I've already filled out my bracket with Baylor, Missouri, Syracuse, and Michigan making it to the Final Four, Missouri and Syracuse in the championship game, and Missouri winning it. I'm 1-3 so far because of the First Four (the only one I picked correctly was Vermont beating Lamar; was so close with the first two)

My Elite Eight is the following:

Kentucky
Duke
New Mexico
Murray State
Vanderbilt
Florida State
North Carolina
Kansas

I have Kentucky, Murray State, FSU, and Kansas in the Final Four, and I have Kentucky over FSU for the championship.

Magus said:
My Elite Eight is the following:

Kentucky
Duke
New Mexico
Murray State
Vanderbilt
Florida State
North Carolina
Kansas

I have Kentucky, Murray State, FSU, and Kansas in the Final Four, and I have Kentucky over FSU for the championship.

Mine is:

Indiana
Baylor
Michigan St.
Missouri
Syracuse
Ohio State
Michigan
Kansas

For the #1 seeds, I have Kentucky losing to UConn, Michigan St. losing to Missouri, Syracuse losing to Missouri, and North Carolina losing to Michigan.

And I have at least one big upset on my bracket as well. I have #14 Belmont beating #3 Georgetown in the first round (I also have #11 NC State beating #6 San Diego State, #12 VCU beating #5 Wichita State, and #12 Harvard beating #5 Vanderbilt).

My biggest upsets (aside from the ones inferred by having teams like Murray State in my Final Four) are #5 New Mexico over #1 Michigan State, #7 Florida over #2 Missouri, #13 Montana over #4 Wisconsin, and #8 Kansas State over #1 Syracuse. I usually get over 50% of my huge early round upsets right, so I'm hoping that trend continues.

So far things have gone pretty well for me. Wisconsin's defense really kicked in during the second half, and they've pretty much shut down Montana since. Oh well. UNC-Asheville has been leading Syracuse throughout the first half and the Twitter feeds below my live streaming video are hilarious; every Orange fan on Twitter is overreacting already.

Magus said:
UNC-Asheville has been leading Syracuse throughout the first half and the Twitter feeds below my live streaming video are hilarious; every Orange fan on Twitter is overreacting already.
Heh heh heh... Yoshiwaker picked Syracuse all the way.

Our family does this whole thing with a dine-out to whoever wins on the line, so this is fairly important. I guess.

I picked UNC to win the whole thing.

Aw, the way that UNC Asheville/Syracuse game ended was bullshit. wtf lane violation

Inorite

I have Kentucky, Missouri, Ohio State and UNC as my final four, with Kentucky as champion.

Now that my two favorite teams that made it (Cal and Harvard) got knocked out, I'm rooting for ABD: Anyone But Duke.

I was pulling for UNC Asheville....

I'm rooting for Murray State. They're plucky, experienced, well-balanced, and got a poor seeding from the committee.

Dr. Javelin said:
Magus said:
UNC-Asheville has been leading Syracuse throughout the first half and the Twitter feeds below my live streaming video are hilarious; every Orange fan on Twitter is overreacting already.
Heh heh heh... Yoshiwaker picked Syracuse all the way.

Our family does this whole thing with a dine-out to whoever wins on the line, so this is fairly important. I guess.

I picked UNC to win the whole thing.
Our family has each person put in 20 bucks and the winner gets like 260 or something. Yeah my family is big, and that's not even half of it.

@Javelin: After Fab Melo was declared ineligible, I changed Syracuse on my bracket.

I'm in a group of about 30 people that each put in $5.

I have them losing to Ohio.

... The team I picked to win the championship gets knocked out in the second round by #15 Norfolk St... that's some shit.

This makes me feel much better about sticking Florida into my Sweet Sixteen over Missouri.

Red Barchetta said:
#15 Lehigh has beaten #2 Duke 75-70!

This is probably good news for a few NCAA fans, seeing as the mighty Duke has fallen! Now let's hope Michigan beats Ohio (not State, Michigan State's playing them) tonight. Plus, another local team (where I live, at least), University of Detroit-Mercy, plays Kansas sometime this week or next. I hope UDM wins.

TheYoshiState said:
Red Barchetta said:
#15 Lehigh has beaten #2 Duke 75-70!

This is probably good news for a few NCAA fans, seeing as the mighty Duke has fallen! Now let's hope Michigan beats Ohio (not State, Michigan State's playing them) tonight. Plus, another local team (where I live, at least), University of Detroit-Mercy, plays Kansas sometime this week or next. I hope UDM wins.

Michigan lost to Ohio...

I have Michigan State losing in the Sweet Sixteen to New Mexico, for the record. All my outrageous upsets look much, much smarter now that the teams I was worried about picking to lose early have sucked in the opening round.

Back