Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events

Yeah, it's an older series. I just thought it deserves a new discussion. I've read the books before and I have to say it's my favorite series.

I just hate how the author doesn't tell you most of the ending. My theory is that the Great Unknown is actually a weapon controlled by whatever's in the sugar bowl.

Part of the charm is that he doesn't explain everything. You have to infer it. Also, this series taught me lot of vocab at an early age.

BEEEEEAAARRRS said:
the end was lame in the fact that it seemed to have almost nothing to do with resolving things
You obviously have never read the Secret series.

I need to finish reading these (Harry Potter was leeching off of my reading time for a significant portion of my childhood). I've read the first four.

I have crappy memory, so every time I read it it is like reading it for the first time.

I am listening to it as an audiobook.

BEEEEEAAARRRS said:
Is everyone British

i always imagined them all as british

Snicket said that the story was supposed to take place in a place where lots of bad things happen.

He also said he imagined them as being Jewish.

I don't remember if Handler was Jewish, but he did right a Chanukah story - I'm sorry, a Christmas carol about a potato pancake.

Viceroy Bubbles von Salamancer said:
I don't remember if Handler was Jewish, but he did right a Chanukah story - I'm sorry, a Christmas carol about a potato pancake.

He is Atheist, I think, but his family raised him Jewish.

Back