Virtual Console Exchange Sign-Up

Booster

Cheep Cheep
Retired Wiki Staff
With the new gift feature on the Virtual Console available, we can now send people games as gifts, provided they live in the same region.

What I'm asking for is with Christmas coming up, you can sign up for the exchange, and you'll be paired up with someone else in your region to give a gift to, and if at least three people sign up, you'll get a gift from someone else.

If no one else in your region signs up, you won't be able to participate. I can't help it that the gift feature isn't international. :(

Rules

*Sign-up ends on Monday, December 24 at 8:00PM EST .
*Post your Wii Console Number before the deadline, or you will not get a gift, obviously.
*You must be able to access the Shop Channel (duh).
*You must be willing to spend some Wii points.
*If you're interested, post on this topic saying that you want to sign up.
*After everyone has signed up, I'll assign people to whom they are to give a gift to.
*You must have a decent history (at least one month) on the Wiki to participate. This is so that noobs don't come on here requesting gifts, only to give nothing in exchange. TRUSTED USERS ONLY!
*Don't request any games from your sender. It's a surprise. You may however post which genres you like/dislike, so that your sender will have an idea of what you're interested in. Don't post a series, such as "Mario games".
*Do your receiver a favor and don't send them a crap game (you know what I'm talking about). Send them a game that's generally regarded as good, provided they don't have it on the Virtual Console already. If you get a game that you own for another system, be happy. At least now you can play it on the Virtual Console.

*On Christmas Day, you are to send your gift to your assigned receiver. If you are unable to do this on Christmas Day, (too busy, unable to go online with the Wii at the time) post here explaining why. You will be obligated to send your gift ASAP.

If this works out, then on Christmas Day, I'll post in this topic telling everyone whom they are to send a present to.

Presents

You should send one of the following choices to your receiver, provided they're decent. Prices range from 800-1,100 points roughly.:

Any two NES games
Any one Turbo Grafx game and one NES game
Any one Turbo CD, SNES, Genesis or N64 game.

Any questions, just ask!

If you're assigned to me, I like platformers, racing games and puzzle games. I do own Sonic Mega Collection though, so don't bother with any Sonic titles please. I also dislike RPGs that don't feature Mario. :P

Participants so far

Canada

Booster - 1778 5893 5670 3653

Wow, really? Now, if only one of my friends had a Wii. >.>

You can sign up here Pokemon DP, but I don't know if the gift service is available in Australia.

About not being trustworthy, I'm making it so that only trusted users can sign up. I'm hoping that people don't scam the system out of good faith.

You completely sure VC presents can only be given to people in the same region!? D=

DAMMIT!! I live in Australia, so, I won't be able to use it very often. =(

I'm not sure if the Gift feature is even available in Australia. You might want to check your Shop channel and find out. I'm sorry if it isn't for you.

I'm going to bed now, but I'll be back tomorrow.

Well, that's the problem. I don't have a Router or USB Connector, or whatever you use to connect to the Internet. My brother-in-law does, but he almost never brings the Router. >_> He brought it once, which is how we got Paper Mario, but he never brings it anymore! D=

Couldn't sleep.

For the record, the Gift option IS avaialble in Australia. But without a steady access to the Shop Channel, you shouldn't sign up for this, sorry.

Now I'm off to dreamland. Hi Kirby!

Booster said:
Couldn't sleep.

For the record, the Gift option IS avaialble in Australia. But without a steady access to the Shop Channel, you shouldn't sign up for this, sorry.

Now I'm off to dreamland. Hi Kirby!
There are some Users from Australia that have Wi-Fi, ya know. D=

Also, cool, say hi to Kirby for me! :3

=P

This is a very nice idea, but I think it's a bit too late, Booster, and the # of people with Wii and online functions is still relatively low. I have a feeling it won't work out, but I'll try it again next year on the wiki regardless of success this year, where more people will see it.

I so hope I have a Wii by this time next year.

Oh, and I should also hope I'm ON here this time next year. :P

Great idea; hope it works for youse guys.

I live in the States, Booster. That means I can't send you a gift, right?
-_-

But anyway, sign me up yes.

Okay, Dodoman, you're in. I will need your Wii number by the deadline though.

Participants so far

United States

Dodoman

Canada

Booster - 1778 5893 5670 3653

4571 6964 8163 5199

Also,
I said:
I live in the States, Booster. That means I can't send you a gift, right?
And, if I may add, please do not send me any Mario games. I have almost all of them on the old systems.

Yeah, we're gonna need at least two users from the same region to actually get this thing off the ground. But this is a start.

Sometimes, I envy you guys. =(

Hey, there are SOME Users from Australia with a Wii, ya know. =| Can't we sign them up as well under Australia? =3

Pokemon DP said:
Sometimes, I envy you guys. =(

Hey, there are SOME Users from Australia with a Wii, ya know. =| Can't we sign them up as well under Australia? =3

I don't even HAVE A WII.

Australians are more than welcome to sign up. Same rules still apply in that we'll need at least two.

I'll think about signing up

sign me up for now

don't send me any gifts though because I might not be able to do this

I don't have a Wii but hopefully I'm getting one for Xmas!

Back