Abortion: Your Stand

Is abortion the killing of another life?

• Total voters

Zero777

Middle Eastern Federation
I'm not sure if there's already been a thread on this, but I didn't bother to even look to see.

There has been many debates whether or not a fetus is a living person. Well I want to know where do you stand on the topic of abortions.

For me, I believe that the debating should stop and it should be settled on a technical term, for now I know that a fetus is infact a living person since it presents all the characteristics for something to be a living organism:

• It's made out of units called cells.
  • It can reproduce.
  • It is based on a universal genetic code. (In this case, half of the mother's and half of the father's)
  • It can grow and develop.
  • It can obtain and use materials and energy.
  • It can respond to its environment.
  • It can maintain a stable internal environment.
  • It can change over time

Gino Weinberg said:
For me, I believe that the debating should stop and it should be settled on a technical term, for now I know that a fetus is infact a living person since it presents all the characteristics for something to be a living organism:
  • It can reproduce.
You are sick.

I chose "undecided" because I believe that it is the killing of life, but not the killing of intelligent or human life. I believe that human life begins when the fetus is born. Before that, it's just a ball of cells to me. We usually have no problem killing life, so long as it isn't human. Well, I take the same approach here.

And it isn't because my Dad works at an affiliate of Planned Parenthood. I would take this approach even if he was pro-life.

I'm pro-abortion. A woman can do whatever she wants with her body and whatever's inside it, especially if whatever's inside it is unwanted (since the fetus does slightly inhibit the mother's nutrient supply) or detrimental to the mother's health (such as in an ectopic pregnancy).

As for my vote, I acknowledge that abortion is the extinguishing of life, but then, the species is quite proficient and indiscriminate in that anyway.

I figure we can at least see where it goes. There's no rule against mature discussion topics.

Herr Shyguy said:
I figure we can at least see where it goes. There's no rule against mature discussion topics.
True, I thought you could nip it in the bud before it got worse. But who am I to say such things. I'm a nobody on this forum.

Mrs. Hedlund said:
Herr Shyguy said:
True, I thought you could nip it in the bud before it got worse. But who am I to say such things. I'm a nobody on this forum.
You're not the only nobody. I was a nobody until I got a 'Shroom role, and I'm still sorta left in the dark sometimes.

Toad85 said:
Mrs. Hedlund said:
Herr Shyguy said:
You're not the only nobody. I was a nobody until I got a 'Shroom role, and I'm still sorta left in the dark sometimes.
D'aw! I feel loved now.... ^_^

Mrs. Hedlund said:
Toad85 said:
Mrs. Hedlund said:
Herr Shyguy said:
D'aw! I feel loved now.... ^_^
I'm everybody.

As of right now i'm pro-choice and if it becomes illegal thats ok i'm more concerned with the discrimination against Homosexuals than the killing of fetuses

How long do you think it'll be until this gets out of hand?
I say 10-15 posts down.

They basically chop up a living fetus with an egg beater. Yes it's killing a life. There's nothing humane about it either, they pretty much suck out the rest with a vacuum cleaner. And I think it's bullshit for women to say "durr hurr men aren't allowed to have an opinion about abortion" or "durr hurr the baby is a part of my body."

I am not anti-abortion. I'm not pro-abortion either. Actually, I'm probably one of those two, but I'll say undecided for now. You can ask yourself the basic questions like:
  • "Well is abortion okay in the case of incest?"
  • "In the case of the mother dying?"
  • "In the case of rape?"
  • "Is it okay to abort a baby with a life expectancy of three weeks?"
Frankly, I think it's stupid to say babies aren't alive in the womb. There's many better pro-abortion arguments than "fetuses aren't alive" so I suggest abortion enthusiasts get to using them.

I also dislike the "pro choice VS pro life" titling people use a lot. That's like saying "pro heart attack VS pro health" instead of "bacon eating VS not eating bacon."

I think pro-life is misleading because a large amount of things we do involves killing something

Here is my thought on abortion:
What if your best friend or someone you care about was aborted? That baby that was aborted is a person and would have grown up to be someone like me or you.

And PLEASE do not troll my post, because I have a STRONG opinion on this. So, don't upset me, people.

Mrs. Hedlund said:
What if your best friend or someone you care about was aborted? That baby that was aborted is a person and would have grown up to be someone like me or you.

And PLEASE do not troll my post, because I have a STRONG opinion on this. So, don't upset me, people.
Well than i wouldn't know them and i would make new friends don't try hypothetical situations because with the same thing what if the person whose not aborted kills you in a bank robbery

Mrs. Hedlund said:

Well, if they were to be aborted, then I would never have met them, would I?

Mrs. Hedlund said:

Well, I'd have a different best friend or a different person to care about.

That's not my point, guys. I do understand where you are coming from. I don't know, maybe because I like children, so that's why I have strong feelings toward this. I KNOW for a fact this thread will get out of hand, so I'm going to avoid it. (Peace out!)

Welp, considering the doctors told me mum to abort me, I'm sort of extremely against abortion.

Mrs. Hedlund said:
That's not my point, guys. I do understand where you are coming from. I don't know, maybe because I like children, so that's why I have strong feelings toward this. I KNOW for a fact this thread will get out of hand, so I'm going to avoid it. (Peace out!)
Oh, you mean if you somehow knew they would be your friend and they were aborted?

Well, I guess I don't know. But I would support the parents in whatever decision they made.

Mrs. Hedlund said:

Please do not bring time travel into this.
Crocodile Dippy said:
Welp, considering the doctors told me mum to abort me, I'm sort of extremely against abortion.
That's a nice story and all, Dippy, but not every child who the doctors said was going to lead a short, miserable life is going to be as lucky as you.

Back