Author Topic: Awards Mafia -- Endgame: Howl.  (Read 125270 times)

Ralph

• Peese shut mouf
  • Donkey Kong
  • ralphfan
  • Thank you based god
    • View Profile
Awards Mafia -- Endgame: Howl.
« on: July 26, 2011, 12:59:11 AM »
PLAYER LIST
NameStatusRolePowers
Baby Mario Bloops (The Moon)Dead (Lynched, Day 2)AngelJailer/Tracker/Medium
BaseballYoshi24 (BananaYoshi)Dead (Lynched, Day 10)WeathermanEclipse
damioncross02Dead (Lynched, Night 4)MasqueraderUncheckable/Roleblocker/Husband
DKPetey99Semi-Winner (Lynched, Day 5)Suspicious VigilanteMiller/Vigilante/Mason
FireKirby (arachnidsGrip)Dead (Killed, Night 11)MayorWealthy/Donor
Flubber (Sea)Dead (Lynched, Day 12)TouristWatchman/Eager Customer/ToxBox
Gamefreak75 (terminallyCapricious)WinnerShopkeeperSell/Buy
Gigaremo (-21)Dead (Killed, Night 9)Eager CopCop
Goomba’s Shoe15 (Tatanga)Dead (Lynched, Day 1)ApprenticeInheritance
Lily x (tentacleTherapist)Dead (Died, Night 4)MotherRecipient/Lover/Roleblocker/Martyr
Marcelagus (Caboose)Dead (Killed, Night 2; Revived, Day 3; Killed, Night 3)GypsyHypnotist/Necromancer/Untouchable/Thief
Mario64fanatic
Modkilled, replaced by Count Bonsula (arsenicCatnip)
Dead (Killed, Night 15)ProcrastinatorDelayer/Time-Turner
Master Crash (Wayward Vagabond)Dead (Killed, Night 14)LocksmithLock/Master Key
MC Hammer Bro.Dead (Lynched, Day 11)Paranoid TownieUntouchable/Watchman
MijzelffanSurvivorObliteratorSuicider/Mass Roleblocker/Enraged
MrConcreteDonkeyWinnerDemonRoleblocker/dangation
New Super MarioWinnerSuspicious DoctorMiller/Roleblocker/Mason
New Super YoshiDead (Lynched, Day 9)Nervous SpyCop/Watchman
Paper Yoshi (ectoBiologist)Dead (Killed, Night 8)Amateur DoctorDoctor
PeachyDead (Lynched, Day 15)LunaticInsane Cop/Drunk
PokemonMaster (1337)Semi-Winner (Lynched, Day 4)Suspicious RoleblockerMiller/Roleblocker/Mason
PyroGuy6 (Percy)Dead (Killed, Night 12)CourierCourier
QuizmoManiac (420)Dead (Killed, Night 15)TraitorDoctor
ShellMarioDead (Lynched, Day 8)Conscious GrannyGranny
Shyguy27 (Herr Shyguy)Dead (Killed, Night 10)PriestPublic Speaker/Bulletproof/Donor
Smasher 101 (turntechGodhead)Dead (Attacked, Night 1; Died, Day 2; Revived, Day 3; Killed, Night 7)Agile InnocentDoctor/Roleblocker/Cop/Hypnotist
Superchao (Utsuchao Reiuji)Dead (Lynched, Day 7)GodfatherHidden/Revenge/Bulletproof/Gambler
Super Mario Bros.Semi-Winner (Killed, Night 14)InfiltratorBrainwash
Turboo (adiosToreador)Dead (Killed, Night 6)JokerTrickster
Twentytwofiftyseven (carcinoGeneticist)Dead (Killed, Night 13)Grave DiggerUndertaker
UltraMario3000 (Clock Tower)
Replaced by superjeff64 (Raphael)
Dead (Lynched, Day 13)VintnerDoctor/Roleblocker
Villain11
Replaced by Marioguy1
Dead (Lynched, Day 3)IllusionistBrainwash
vivalahomestarDead (Lynched, Day 6)BumRoleblocker/Unprotectable
Xzealio (Xzealia Exdementia)WinnerBadge SalesmanSell
XzelionDead (Lynched, Day 14)TimekeeperTime Warp
Yoshiwaker (caligulasAquarium)Dead (Killed, Night 7)ChildSilenced/Tracker/Cop/Drunk
Zero777 (Kizuna Kagesaki)Dead (Killed, Night 15)HermitHermit

Alignment:
Innocent
Miller
Mafia
Independent
Werewolf

Intro

One of the first things that comes to mind when you think of Sicily is the Mafia.  As a lifelong resident, I can tell you it's not just a stereotype.  Since before I was born, the Mafia has infiltrated this once-peaceful island and devastated it.  Their people are among us even today.  They have been killing people, taking bribes and wreaking all kinds of havoc on our small town.  During World War II, parts of our town were reduced to rubble, yet the Mafia never stopped.  We have always been a victim to their evildoing.  In the five years since the war has ended, parts of our town have been rebuilt, but the Mafia is still here.

However, not all hope is lost.  There is a legend that has been passed down through generations that speaks of three people who, when united, could end all the horrors our town has been subjected to.  Of the three heroes, one can protect people, another can find their identity, and the last can prevent people from using their powers.  When used properly, a single one of them can be extremely useful.  Should all three of them be united, they will be able to stop any sort of terror.  Some people refer to these as the "Holy Trinity".  However, none of them have come to save us yet.

There have also been tales of people with other useful abilities, such as the ability to control the actions of another person or the ability to be able to defy death.  It has been rumored that the unlikeliest of candidates would possess these abilities.  Sadly, none of these things have come to fruition.

It seems that things have gotten worse and worse each day.  More death, more crime, more terrible news.  It seemed like it would never stop.  The obvious solution would be to run away, but where were we to go?  There was a division between the inhabitants of southern Italy and the inhabitants of the north.  Aside from a few despotic hellholes, we couldn't afford to go anywhere else.  So we stayed.  We stayed and watched our neighbors get taken down one by one.  The population of our town began to shrink.  And who had control of all the big businesses, the ones that were rebuilding our city after the war?  The Mafia.  There was no way out.

During one incredibly bloody month, the tipping point came.  Whole families were murdered.  It was brutal.  First the children, then the parents.  Those who could afford it began to flee.  Those who couldn't called them cowards, saying that if we all left, it would just give the Mafia more to control, and they would just get bigger and stronger.  Something had to stop the flow of evil.  We were that something.

But how?  We had no idea how to stop them.  We didn't even know who they were.  All we knew were that they weren't dying, since they were the ones doing all the killing.  They could be any of the remaining inhabitants of the town.  Finally, a ray of hope shone through the gloomy clouds.  That ray inadvertently came from the Mafia themselves.  During all the reconstruction, they set up phone lines.  Though it was expensive, some of the members of the town pooled the little money they had and decided to place a call to the government to tell them of the dire situation.  Unfortunately, the local government and the government of Sicily were both corrupt.  We found out the hard way.  We called them, they sent out their people, and every time they would say that there was no Mafia and that the deaths were the results of unfortunate accidents.  But we knew they were lying.  Every scream we heard, every gunshot, that was just more evidence that they were there.  And they were getting closer to winning.  Things became even worse.  The deaths kept increasing.  What was a community of 2,000 people had shrunk to under 40.  There were only two ways out: you pay your way out, or your relatives pay for your coffin.

Knowing that time was running short, we began collecting money.  The money from the collection plates at church, every coin found underneath a couch cushion, every cent saved by purchasing only the bare necessities.  Once we had enough money, we placed a long-distance call to Rome, the capital.  Even though it was our last chance, there were still naysayers.  "They're from the north, they won't give a *bleep* about our problems!"  But even the doubters pitched in, knowing that if we didn't take our chances with the government, we'd all be underground before long.

When our priest made the call, the rest of us stood waiting with bated breath.  We waited as he was put through to all sorts of different receptionists.  With all the people trying to reach the government to try and get some help their problems, we were worried that we wouldn't even get our call  through to ask them for help.  The sun set, and the cold night began, yet we stood there.  Finally, he was able to speak with a high-ranking member of the government.  He described everything to the official in vivid detail, holding back the tears all the way.  Most of us in the crowd cried at one point or another during the chilling tale that we all knew too well.  Finally, the priest finished recounting every last funeral, every last death threat, every last gunshot.  Silence came as he waited for the response on the other end of the line.  We all waited there in complete silence.  Even small children could tell how important this was, and they refrained from crying. After the priest listened for a while, he quietly thanked the politician on the other end of the line and hung up the phone. His face was expressionless.  We feared the worst.

The priest opened his mouth and said, "they're sending help!"  A great cheer rose from the crowd.  Nobody could remember the last time they had reason to cheer about anything.  Was it when we won the World Cup?  Was it that long ago?  We didn't care.  We continued to whoop in delight for a while.  Bottles of champagne popped open.

After we finally quieted down, the priest spoke, "they will be sending two of their top detectives out here tomorrow.  We have been told to keep close together so that nothing happens until they arrive.  You have 10 minutes to grab any important belongings from your houses.  We will all sleep in the church tonight."  Despite having to sleep on the pews and floor of the church, we slept much easier than we had been sleeping in our warm beds.  It was easier to fall asleep with the knowledge that you would wake up to see another day.

Shortly after breakfast, the two detectives arrived to the cheers of their town as their plane touched down along the road leading to and from our city.  As soon as they entered and led us into the town square, government crews began to block the road off.  The two detectives introduced themselves as Ralph and Stooben.  They began to describe a process they had devised to rid the town of the Mafia.  Each day, we would meet in the town square and discuss our suspicions.  During the day, we would cast votes for who we thought belonged to the Mafia.  At the end of the day, the person with the most votes would be executed.  This, naturally, brought up some cries of alarm from the townspeople.  The detectives assured us that if we put thought into who we suspected, there would be no reason to worry.  When night came, we would be on our own.  The detectives would take their plane to a safe haven a few miles away and we would be left to fend for ourselves.  Again, some of the townspeople were frightened.  The detectives responded by saying that there were just as many people who could help the town at night as there were that could do evil.  One member of the crowd shouted, "you *bleep*ing cowards!"  The detectives kept their cool and continued by repeating that if we all kept our heads and made good decisions, we would all be fine and the Mafia would be gone before we knew it.  At this point, we could just hope that they were really going to help us and not come up empty like so many people had done before.

By the time all the explaining was done and all the questions were answered, the sun was setting over the sea off in the distance.  It was truly a beautiful sight.  We took a moment to enjoy it, though in the back of all our minds, a nagging voice told us that it was just the calm before the storm.  We were told to spend the night in the church again for one more night, and that the process would begin the next day.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 12:30:47 AM by centaursTesticle »

Herr Shyguy

• ◥▶̸̱◀◤
  • Star Spirit
  • ShyGuy27
  • The Cardinal is dead -- long live The Cardinal!
    • View Profile
Re: Awards Mafia -- Night 0: Calm before the storm
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 01:15:45 AM »
Aw man it's in this board? I never check this board.

Ritsuko Akizuki

• also known as Blocky
  • Global Moderator
  • Shine Sprite
  • Superchao
  • give it up for loud noises
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 01:17:33 AM »
Aw man it's in this board? I never check this board.

Ralph

• Peese shut mouf
  • Donkey Kong
  • ralphfan
  • Thank you based god
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 01:21:33 AM »
You will now.

BMB

• Celestial Guide
  • Baby Mario Bloops
  • BMB
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, 03:53:18 AM »
I always loved being the first person the player list. It means im the most important</selfishness>

damioncross02

• Heavy Weapons Guy
  • Goomba
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011, 06:22:25 AM »
I always loved being the first person the player list. It means im the most important</selfishness>

You know the list is posted in alphabetical order, right?  By your calculations, I'd be third most important.

Pyro

• Power Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2011, 06:41:08 AM »
(it's a beautifal night)

Makoto Kikuchi

• Marty
  • Star Spirit
  • Garlic Man
  • Name-change free since 2018
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
marteny

foot foot foot foot foot foot foot foot foot foot foot dive
XJsM0 FKZv5 RVx0T 7AoXC YncK6bt Aidhw(sig)

New Super Mario

• NSM
  • Celestial Guide
  • Ghirahim
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2011, 08:00:59 AM »
I got my role

Jonny Buckland

• Coldplay lead guitarist
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Shine Sprite
  • Paper Yoshi
  • Jonny Boy
    • View Profile
    • Revolution 1
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2011, 12:40:46 PM »
Role get.
- Credit to Master Crash
Writer for Mario Calendar and Monthly Report
Former Pipe Plaza Director
Former writer for:
Upcoming Games
Ask Paper Yoshi
Random Image of the Month
Crossword
Featured Character Artwork

Rin Kaenbyou

• .Also Kayday is best Girl.
  • Star Spirit
  • EctoBiologist
  • Best cat themed touhou. I love touhou and DR.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2011, 01:52:51 PM »
Role get

• The stupidest person alive
  • King Bowser
  • Gigaremo
  • Busy Hypnotising Pokemon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2011, 01:58:16 PM »
Role Gettio.

I'm going to be on my A-game in this. PRIZES ARE AWESOME!

Perhaps I'll earn MVP for the first time.
Proud to have gotten 4th place in the 2011 Awards Brawl Tournament! Only 3 people did better than I did!
I'm very busy right now. You won't see me much at all, unless I'm playing mafia (which I manage to find a little bit of time time for.)

If you see Smasher 101, tell him I said hi. He'll scream and run away.

Press the Kill Gigaremo button to feed me food!
Oh wait, I mean the Feed Gigaremo butto– *dies*

I got brainwashed by bronies and now I'm one!
My internet died, can't be on much, sorry

Villain11

• Dry Bowser
  • Katniss <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2011, 02:49:44 PM »
I got it.

BMB

• Celestial Guide
  • Baby Mario Bloops
  • BMB
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2011, 03:07:29 PM »
Role Gettio.

I'm going to be on my A-game in this. PRIZES ARE AWESOME!

Perhaps I'll earn MVP for the first time.

Shouldn't you ALWAYS try to be on your A-team?

Also, role confirmed.

Smasher

• Also known as me
  • Global Moderator
  • Mushroom Princess
  • Rest in peace, Walkazo
    • View Profile
    • Smasher Land
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2011, 03:16:24 PM »
Got it, can't see card on phone, so i have no idea what i am :P

Pyro

• Power Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2011, 03:28:41 PM »
you could give me your role card and I could read it to you

Smasher

• Also known as me
  • Global Moderator
  • Mushroom Princess
  • Rest in peace, Walkazo
    • View Profile
    • Smasher Land
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2011, 03:30:55 PM »
I'll pass, thanks.

damioncross02

• Heavy Weapons Guy
  • Goomba
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2011, 03:44:50 PM »
Role received.

UnderArmour

• BaseballYoshi24
  • Dry Bowser
  • Toad48
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2011, 05:29:10 PM »
role get

Xzealio Exdementia

• Ex-Ambassador
  • Bowser Jr.
  • Devils Advocate
  • And I still haven't found, what I'm looking for.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2011, 05:58:58 PM »
Message to all: I got my role.
Follow who? Follow what? Follow where? Follow why?