Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn

Smashgoom202

Dry Bowser
Retired Wiki Staff
Okay, so I'm a big fan of the Fire Emblem series, and Path of Radiance in particular. In my opinion, best game in the series, or at least the best game that's been translated and released internationally. The sequel, Radiant Dawn, doesn't hold up as well, despite some good improvements to the system (and some horrible setbacks that were part of what made PoR so great).

Anyway, I'd LIKE to talk about why I think RD is good but not as good as PoR, but that's not what I want to talk about... for now. Now, I want to talk about the transfer system. See, for those who don't know, you can take the memory card that has the PoR data, insert it into your Wii and transfer the data from one saved game to another. I found out the hard way that there's a bug that doesn't allow the transference of Easy Mode data, so I can only use Normal or Hard mode. I heard that it can be fixed, but I never bothered to find out how.

Here's what I'd like to know: when you play through RD with PoR's save data, are the units the exact same level as when the game ended in the first game? That could be a problem for me, because RD is VERY unforgiving if units are too weak, and the game gets pretty hard pretty fast come Part 2. Also, in RD, you can play through the same game twice, but the second time around, it reveals more information and allows more characters to be recruited. Is it possible to transfer the save data to the second playthrough? One last thing, I heard that you can unlock PoR's support conversations... on RD. AFTER you've transferred the data. Is it true? Because I beat the game once but didn't unlock it. The support conversations are what I like most about the Fire Emblem series, and it would suck to not be able to watch/read them anytime I want (that's NOT written on some website).

If someone could answer these questions, that would be very greatly appreciated. Also, talk about the games, what you liked about them, what you didn't like about them, favorite characters, etc.

Back