What video games did you grow up with in your childhood?

By childhood, I mean like 6 or younger.

I played Spyro the Dragon, Spyro:Ripto's Rage, Spyro:Year of the Dragon, Crash CTR, and Crash Bash for the PS1. I still have all these games, and still play them

When I was 6 years old, I only had Super Mario 64, Top Gear Rally, and I thought I had Hexen by that time too.
That's all on the Nintendo 64.
I also had floppies of Super Mario Bros., Donkey Kong, and Keen for MS-DOS.
I've never played games before being 6 years old (I didn't even know such things even exist).

I never really played any video games when I was like, 6 or younger, except maybe a few Game Boy games like Pirates of the Caribbean and Arcade Advanced. But 3rd grade is where the childhood games began. Super Mario Sunshine, Mario Golf Toadstool Tour, Luigi's Mansion, they all bring back the memories.

I was more of a Pokemon guy when I was younger. During the late '90s, there was that massive Pokemon craze of course that influenced me as a little kid. The most memorable Pokemon games for me were Yellow, Gold/Silver/Crystal. However, I did grow up with a few Mario titles (mostly Super Mario Bros., Mario 64, and a few Mario advance games).

Super Smash Bros. and Mario Kart 64 were the first games I ever played

Whittle said:
By childhood, I mean like 6 or younger.

Considering that, none. I got a N64 for my 8th birthday, which was in 2002 (the N64 apparently hadn't died here in Brazil :P).

BTT.jpg

180 hours of playtime on my N64. Later re-bought it for 360 and I have about 30 hours on there.

This game is still my favoritest game ever.

My only games before 6 years old were Pokemon Yellow and some Wario game.

I played my brother's N64, too, but I had no idea what was happening.

Spyro season of Ice, crash bandicoot version of crash and spyro crossover, sonic advanced 3 all for gba

Oh boy, I had a lot of games... Sonic, Samurai Showdown, Super Mario 64, Super Mario Land 2, way too many to name.

My favorite video game when I was younger was probably either Yoshi's Island or Donkey Kong 64, and I still like both of them a lot.

Mario
Double Dragon
Contra
Metroid

yepppppppp im old

NFS: Underground and Shrek 2 on PS2. Those were the only two games I ever owned before I turned 7.

Now here's the weird part.

These are the first five video games I ever played: Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 3, Mario Kart: Double Dash, Mario Kart 64 then Mario Party 2.

Well I they may seem a bit too modern, but since I was born in 99, ya know. My child games are Super Smash Bros. Melee, Super Mario Sunshine, Luigi's Mansion, Soul Calibur II, Crash Bandicoot 2, Crash Bandicoot: Warped, Pokemon Channel, Pokemon Colosseum, Wario Land 4, and Wario World. :D

Donkey Kong Country (SNES)
Super Smash Bros. (N64)
Yoshi's Island (SNES)
Game & Watch Gallery 3 (GBC)
Super Mario Land 2 (GB)
Harvest Moon 64 (I played this more than probably anything when I was little) (N64)
Super Mario All Stars (SNES)
Toy Story 2 (N64)
Donkey Kong 64 (N64)

My brother hardly ever let me play his Game Boy at this time, so I have few of those as childhood games.

When I was six I got Pokemon Snap for Christmas. Before my seventh birthday I think I also got Mario Party and Super Mario 64. Maybe some more.

Edit: Just noticed this:

Paper Jorge said:

Yes

That was another one I had during that time. I still have it. It's one the best games I ever played.

Back