Author Topic: No, No, No, I Will Not Have This  (Read 5874 times)

Contra(dictory)

• I write and play TF2
  • Dry Bowser
  • Tabuuownsall132x2
  • also I hang out here, I guess
    • View Profile
No, No, No, I Will Not Have This
« on: June 28, 2011, 04:45:36 AM »
I hate to censor myself, but I know there are some younger users on this forum. Anyways, I'm here to talk about the Userpedia Awards. You know, from Userpedia. Where I've been for three years.

Okay, favorite user design, no problems seen here.

Favorite artist...okay, these are all valid choices.

Favorite Retired User...what's this? What the f-ck is Salty doing there? How the hell did he get on here? I didn't even know Salty existed until just now. Hmm...
Well, I'm sure there won't be any more mistakes like tha-

Wait...what? What the f-ck? Fawfulfury65? You don't even contribute! You haven't even been around for-
What the hell has the Awards come to?
Well, I'm sure nobody just put themselves in for the-

Oh.
You have got to be f-cking kidding me.

No offense Ralph, but really? You put yourself into this? You aren't even a vet! Even when you were active, you barely did anything! No offense again, but goddang, if you haven't been around long enough or done anything close to enough for a "Lifetime Achievement",  and you know it.

I have my opinions on Favorite User Creation, but since that one is based solely on opinion (and one of my fics are on it, so I'd be being biased) so I'm not going to talk about that.

But the rest of this? Fawfulfury for Lifetime Achievement on Userpedia? I've been constantly contributing for three bordering on four years on this website, I was a Bureaucrat and almost a Steward, and you've made just enough edits to be counted with one hand!?

And you, Ralph. And you.

You're not a bad guy. Really, you aren't. But lifetime achievement?

Don't make me laugh.

Turboo

• Wiki Administrator
  • Shine Sprite
    • View Profile
Re: No, No, No, I Will Not Have This
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 05:20:02 AM »
this entire post was basically "BAWWW WHY AM I NOT ON THIS AWARD, I'M SPECIAL"

3/10, troll harder

on a sincere note this should be in the awards board

Contra(dictory)

• I write and play TF2
  • Dry Bowser
  • Tabuuownsall132x2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 05:57:43 AM »
A user who has only made five edits and made no contribution to the community being considered for lifetime achievement? How the *bleep* does that even happen?

I'm not saying anything about me not being on the Awards. Honestly, I don't care about that. But when I see one ridiculous choice for Fav. Retired, a girl who has done nothing for Userpedia on Lifetime Achievement, and someone that hasn't even made a fourth as much contributions as I have putting themselves on the Awards?

I have been on Userpedia and MarioWiki far longer than a good half of the people who read this post. And seeing these terrible choices ending up in the Userpedia Awards just makes me sick.

One person came and left, another did nothing, and another just put himself there to stroke his ego. As a Userpedian Sysop and former Bureaucrat, I am rightly pissed.

Kazooie

• Red-crested Breegull
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Star Spirit
  • Gabumon
  • "That's nice."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 06:34:22 AM »
I'm not saying anything about me not being on the Awards. Honestly, I don't care about that.
I have been on Userpedia and MarioWiki far longer than a good half of the people who read this post.

Fascinating.

But to actually contribute...

I am actually not entirely satisfied with some of the options as well. Mostly because of the absense of some names on the user lifetime award thingy. Names of two users who I have seen doing very much for the community all the time while I was here, and who seldomly get enough public recognition for their accomplishments.

But I wouldn't have gone as far as creating a thread about it here. That's pretty... how do you say... inappropriate? Something like that. There actually was a window of opportunity for things like this. The committee was meeting, like, over a month or so. While they did, you could have easily taken your concerns and voiced them in the awards board. Like, I did that when they nixed the Goomba Shoe from Favorite Power-Up. Sure, there was a chance that your input would have been rejected, and then you'd have the right to be mad, but that isn't the case. You didn't say anything then.

Instead you waited with your objections until everything was already decided, and it was too late. On top of that, you decided to basically throw dirt around in a public thread. That's very childish, and also somewhat underhanded.

So in the end, you only have yourself to blame.

Anyway, it'd be a good idea to read this before you go on. It addresses a few of your points, and apparently you overlooked it when it was brought to you for the first time:

Quote from: some other place
(...) I'm guessing you meant to complain about ff65, and I further presume that the reason for your complaint is that she's not active on Userpedia. If so, you should understand that the award was intended to be for general contributions to the community, not up specifically. You might say that's a stupid thing to put in the Userpedia awards, but it makes sense if you consider that the Mario awards are actually  for the subjects of the Super Mario Wiki, not its users.

New Super Mario

• NSM
  • Celestial Guide
  • Ghirahim
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 07:07:25 AM »
OK, big deal, some options aren't as good as you would like. We all worked hard in trying to give options, and I don't appreciate the tone you are giving us.

And we put Fawfulfury in, because BMB thought she helped around the wiki a lot, with the 'Shroom, being a good editer, etc.

Ralph, did not put himself on, I think I suggested it, and many others agreed.

And if you don't want to vote for these to, then don't.

You don't have to make a whole thread, making a big deal about it

Ralph

• Peese shut mouf
  • Donkey Kong
  • ralphfan
  • Thank you based god
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 12:34:43 PM »
Tabuu, this is a special award that isn't just about Userpedia.  We thought Userpedia would be the best category for it since it's still about the users.

Anyway, if you really felt like you had to *bleep* about it, you could've showed up at some of the meetings.  Or discussed it before the polls went up.  Or you could've posted this in the proper board.

Fawfulfury was nominated for her work mostly around the wiki, and I was nominated for my 'Shroom and Awards work.  There were a couple users who would've been nominated for things like that (example: WarioLoaf for his 'Shroom work or a certain person involved with the Awards), but some of their actions caused us to disqualify them.

You may remember a certain person who did something similar to what you are doing now by complaining about meetings after he didn't show up to them.  That went really well for him!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 12:46:47 PM by Brick Tamland »

Contra(dictory)

• I write and play TF2
  • Dry Bowser
  • Tabuuownsall132x2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 03:15:14 PM »
Then I suppose I should apologize. I thought the Userpedia awards were referring to, ya know, Userpedia.

I never voiced this at an earlier time because I just saw the polls a few days ago, not because I was waiting for a chance to do something this *bleep*ing stupid. ><

I give a sincere apology to those involved who were hurt or irritated, and I promise I'll actually take a careful look at things before I rage about them.

Ralph

• Peese shut mouf
  • Donkey Kong
  • ralphfan
  • Thank you based god
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2011, 03:24:38 PM »
Thanks.

Wayoshi

• Yoshius Maximus
  • Luma
  • PM Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2011, 02:14:17 PM »
Hey, I was kinda serious when I said I should be on the Lifetime Achievement list... :)
^ ^

Ralph

• Peese shut mouf
  • Donkey Kong
  • ralphfan
  • Thank you based god
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2011, 06:51:04 PM »
That was a private decision by the AC.

Wayoshi

• Yoshius Maximus
  • Luma
  • PM Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2011, 01:58:32 PM »
With so many biased people, why am I not surprised?
^ ^

Noisemaster

• It's ya boy ERNEST CLINE comin' up on you DEAD from READY PLAYER ONE!
  • Global Moderator
  • Celestial Guide
  • MrConcreteDonkey
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2011, 02:45:45 PM »
Surprised is such a strong word...let's say...butthurt?

• #mwchat Admin
  • Star Spirit
  • although it can do nothing but a ram attack, it makes a nuisance of itself by aimlessly wandering everywhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2011, 02:55:05 PM »
http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/5033/nukedplthreataq5.png

<Wayoshi>there is the potential that I may abuse NukeDPL soon
<Wayoshi>meaning 1000s of pages will be deleted
[]
<Wayoshi>and I feel like Blitz deserves the pain of cleaning it up

http://forum.mariowiki.com/index.php?topic=8532.msg232335#msg232335

Quote from: wayoshi
Stooben, that was poor on your part for A30. The receiver shouldn't need to work to see the results.

Even though you provided a backup solution, that still took away from the grandness that the A30 presentation should provide. Of course Uni probably blew it way too high as usual, but that really was a dumb decision on your part. Posh

http://www.mariowiki.com/Talk:Main_Page#What.27s_wrong_with_HK.3F.3F

Quote from: wayoshi
I "hacked" HK during my Bureaucrat stint in 2007 [] he gave me his password [] I decided I could be a troll and get away with it.

Believe it or not, "lifetime achievement" doesn't mean "lifetime achievements in being a self-entitled cock who thinks the wiki is his personal plaything".

Wayoshi

• Yoshius Maximus
  • Luma
  • PM Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2011, 03:46:55 PM »
I would hope the ENTIRETY of my career would be considered... you know, before I retired.

This wiki would not be where it is today without Son of Suns, HK & myself from 2006-2007. That fact alone should guarantee nominations, and this is NOT being egotistical or anything, it's just a plain fact.
^ ^

Ralph

• Peese shut mouf
  • Donkey Kong
  • ralphfan
  • Thank you based god
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2011, 03:47:35 PM »
We all agree that you did a lot of great things for this site, but some people felt that the bad overshadowed the good.

• #mwchat Admin
  • Star Spirit
  • although it can do nothing but a ram attack, it makes a nuisance of itself by aimlessly wandering everywhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2011, 07:24:06 PM »
Yes, you're right. The subjective, unprovable "fact" that the wiki "would not be where it is today without you" should guarantee that you be nominated for a completely subjective award whose nominees are selected based only on opinion.

Do you even understand what a fact is?

The fact of the matter is, wikis are a collaborative effort. If you hadn't been here, someone else would have stepped up, and the wiki would have developed just fine. And maybe THAT person wouldn't have seen fit to cause constant crisis by always trolling and making threats.

You didn't do anything special. You're not anyone special. Stop acting like you deserve special privileges.