I have a question about undoing someone's undo.

I edited an article and somebody undid it. I know I can just click undo on his undo edit, but what are the rules on this? Is there a way I can get other users to look at the article and have a vote on whether my edit should be undone? This is the article edits:

http://www.mariowiki.com/index.php?title=Pider&action=historysubmit&diff=980650&oldid=980649

The user put (Speculation/coincidence), there isn't any proff that the Pider isn't related or unrelated, but it looks very obvious that it was based off of the Scuttle Bug. I know I could at least post that it looks similar to it.

As long as there is proof, the undo edit should stay. And it is indeed speculation and coincidence, as Pider only looks a bit like the Scutter Bug. His edit seems to have a reason.

dragon3025 said:
The user put (Speculation/coincidence), there isn't any proff that the Pider isn't related or unrelated, but it looks very obvious that it was based off of the Scuttle Bug. I know I could at least post that it looks similar to it.
I thought you said Scutlet for a second so I was confused. Anyway, Pider has no resemblance to Scuttle Bug other than being a spider. Furthermore there are no references or hints of it in the game. (To my knowledge.)

Also, Reversinator shouldn't have added/kept the word "that" in that sentence.

Now for the intelligent comment <3

So when undoing an edit that was an undo itself, be careful that you don't go overboard.

Undoing an undo is fine, but if it turns into a gigantic chain of two users undoing eachother's edits, then admins have to get involved.

Usually we try to limit the undoing to about three undoes, then we discuss the problem on the talk page.

Thanks for the responses everyone.
MarioGuy1 said:
Now for the intelligent comment <3

So when undoing an edit that was an undo itself, be careful that you don't go overboard.

Undoing an undo is fine, but if it turns into a gigantic chain of two users undoing eachother's edits, then admins have to get involved.

Usually we try to limit the undoing to about three undoes, then we discuss the problem on the talk page.
This is what I wanted to know. I knew it was some sort of rule with 3 undo's but I wasn't sure exactly how it went. Thanks.

Back