Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 33771 times)

New Super Mario

• NSM
  • Celestial Guide
  • Ghirahim
    • View Profile
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2011, 04:20:23 PM »
I think the focus of this year should be to avoid the disaster that I heard was last year. I think that means laying down some ground rules for presentations, like it must be a small fanfiction or image. It can be a great animated gif for all I care, but not a game. The results should be easy to see within 5 minutes of posting.

I also think there's no reason to expand anymore - it may be time to actually contract.

A19 - Favorite Upcoming Game should be modified to a 3DS topic, same purpose.
Wow, haven't seen you since I first joined.

Wayoshi

• Yoshius Maximus
  • Luma
  • PM Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2011, 08:15:27 PM »
Playable games are fine.  The disaster was your and Uniju's criticism.
No, they are NOT.
^ ^

• #mwchat Admin
  • Star Spirit
  • although it can do nothing but a ram attack, it makes a nuisance of itself by aimlessly wandering everywhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2011, 09:47:18 PM »
Hey Wayoshi.

Maybe if you wanted anyone to give a *bleep* about your opinion, you shouldn't have gone out of your way to *bleep* everything up last year.

Oh here's a crazy idea. Maybe if you had actually bothered to work with your team last year, you would have been able to share your concerns with Stooben ahead of time instead of *bleep*ting in the topic afterwards and making the awards and everyone involved look like amateur *bleep*ing *bleep*?

Ralph

• Peese shut mouf
  • Donkey Kong
  • ralphfan
  • Thank you based god
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2011, 10:23:15 PM »
Look, before this escalates, I'm going to put an end to it now.  I don't want anyone stomping off in an angry huff again.  Any more posts on the matter will be deleted.

I'm just going to say that first of all, there was nothing wrong with Stooben's presentation.  It was 67 MB.  No problem for anyone to download.  And Wayo, if you are going to criticize someone for their contribution to last year's Awards, let's see your contribution.  Oh, that's right.  You didn't do *bleep*.

End of discussion.

And Wayo, you shouldn't be interjecting your opinion here.  Yes, the Awards was your whole idea, but you stopped caring once you retired.  You either showed up an hour late or didn't show up at all for most meetings.  If you wanted to run this thing, maybe you should've cared a little more.  So please kindly shut up.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 10:35:36 PM by Sharks Territory »

Makoto Kikuchi

• Marty
  • Star Spirit
  • Garlic Man
  • Name-change free since 2018
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2011, 10:48:33 PM »
*bleep* *bleep* *bleep* *bleep* *bleep* *bleep* *bleep* *bleep* *bleep* *bleep*

am i doing it right?
marteny

foot foot foot foot foot foot foot foot foot foot foot dive
XJsM0 FKZv5 RVx0T 7AoXC YncK6bt Aidhw(sig)

Marioguy1

• 'Shroom Core Staff
  • Shine Sprite
  • Leo
    • View Profile
    • Userpedia - The Wiki about MarioWiki Users
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2011, 11:33:42 PM »
*bleep* *bleep* *bleep* *bleep* *bleep* *bleep* *bleep* *bleep* *bleep* *bleep*

am i doing it right?
Unfortunately that's what I got from a couple of recent posts...

• #mwchat Admin
  • Star Spirit
  • although it can do nothing but a ram attack, it makes a nuisance of itself by aimlessly wandering everywhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2011, 12:17:12 AM »
I wasn't in a very good mood.

Wayoshi

• Yoshius Maximus
  • Luma
  • PM Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2011, 12:44:21 PM »
Wow...I wasn't expecting things to be that hostile, lmao.

You guys need to calm down, seriously. This isn't life and death. I most certainly did not **** up anything last year...I was barely involved, so how could have I? I'm still going to barely be involved this year, but I'm offering some suggestions for the time being - what's wrong with that?
^ ^

Puddin

• Celestial Guide
  • artwork by DragonLavania
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2011, 02:41:05 PM »
I honestly don't know when the second meeting is. I hope Ralph sends us all another PM. (...not sarcasm, I really need the PMs.)
another quality post by Puddin

Kazooie

• Red-crested Breegull
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Star Spirit
  • Gabumon
  • "That's nice."
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2011, 03:12:52 PM »
Yeah, I'm going to make a fool out of myself, but I don't care.

Wow...I wasn't expecting things to be that hostile, lmao.

You guys need to calm down, seriously. This isn't life and death. I most certainly did not **** up anything last year...I was barely involved, so how could have I? I'm still going to barely be involved this year, but I'm offering some suggestions for the time being - what's wrong with that?

That's precisely the point: You were barely involved in anything last year. Of all the meetings we held, half of them you were an hour late, and the other half you didn't attend at all. And when you actually attended meetings, you had nothing to contribute except for extremely childish outbursts, trying to bend everything according to your opinion and yours alone. Apart from being a nuisance, you contributed absolutely nothing to last year's awards. Nothing at all.

And yet, despite doing nothing but throwing fits and being as irresponsible as you could, you, in an especially cheap and dirty way, actually had the impertinence to attack the guy who did a crapload of work for the awards, who ended up saving a large portion of the event with his backup presentations, and who probably was the one who contributed the most to last years events. It was your impertinence that made a mockery of our efforts. And as Ralphfan said earlier, the major part of the disaster you heard about last year was your completely unjustified criticism towards the last presentation. So yes, you most certainly did *bleep* up things last year.

And as if that wasn't enough already, you actually decided to come back this year as if nothing happened, only to hit into the same spot as last year, trying to make another jab at that presentation you so hated, spouting out the same moot points you used last year. If you do not see "what's wrong with that", then I don't know what to tell you. Now let me show you just how worthless your complaint, and consequentially your suggestion actually is.

I think the focus of this year should be to avoid the disaster that I heard was last year. I think that means laying down some ground rules for presentations, like it must be a small fanfiction or image. It can be a great animated gif for all I care, but not a game. The results should be easy to see within 5 minutes of posting.

The first sentence says it all. "the disaster that I heard was last year". You didn't even attempt to keep up with what was going on last year. You knew nothing first-hand; you only knew what you "heard" in passing, since you didn't give enough of a *bleep* to actually pay attention. Your argument here is based on a complaint about the results not being "easy to see within 5 minutes of posting". Now, if you would have actually bothered to look at the presentation that irked you, you would have seen that you did not have to download the game at all. The results were all accessible from the main post, perfectly readable within five minutes, just like you wanted. Ergo, your pathetic complaint has no base and fails due to the lack of proper research.

Now, I could say a lot of things to you, or mourn our collective time you wasted last year and this year, but I doubt that would do anyone here any good. Even if I am not in this year's committee anymore, I think the comments of those who are should give you enough of an indicator that nobody here is willing to pay any attention to your insightful suggestions at all. So let me close this rant with my own suggestion: Wayoshi, if you have any shred of dignity left in you, you will stay out of the committee's affairs this year and in the future, at least until you learn how to properly play in a team, and know what your place in it is.

That's my two cents and all I'm gonna say regarding this. Thank you, and have an adequately nice day.

EDIT:
Now I ranted a whole lot and didn't actually say anything relevant regarding this year's awards.
It just so happens that I had a sudden change of heart, hence I have decided that I will sign up for presentations this year.

So please, awards committee, give it your best shot and set up some kickass awards.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 03:25:14 PM by arsenicCatnip »

"To do just the opposite is also a form of imitation."
 --G. C. Lichtenberg

New Super Mario

• NSM
  • Celestial Guide
  • Ghirahim
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2011, 07:02:39 PM »
I honestly don't know when the second meeting is. I hope Ralph sends us all another PM. (...not sarcasm, I really need the PMs.)
This friday

Ralph

• Peese shut mouf
  • Donkey Kong
  • ralphfan
  • Thank you based god
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2011, 07:29:22 PM »
Meetings are every Friday unless noted.

Wayoshi, you have no right to tell people what they did was wrong.  You did nothing.

And we had a lot of people with lag problems.  Mibbit sucks.  Try using one of these:

Userpedia client
Alternate MarioWiki Client

Please test these out before the meeting.  You may need Java or some other plugins to use them, so see if they work for you during the week.

Puddin

• Celestial Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2011, 07:32:52 PM »
I can't make it this next meeting then. It's not my fault, I've had prior arrangements and I'm going to be partying Friday until about 6 or 7 PM (I guess 9 or 10 in New York timezone)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 07:46:29 PM by Mason »

Ralph

• Peese shut mouf
  • Donkey Kong
  • ralphfan
  • Thank you based god
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2011, 07:42:39 PM »
No problem.  If you have a conflict that you can't reschedule, tell me beforehand.

New Super Mario

• NSM
  • Celestial Guide
  • Ghirahim
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2011, 07:45:16 PM »
Why'd we change it to Mibbit on the wiki anyway?

Ralph

• Peese shut mouf
  • Donkey Kong
  • ralphfan
  • Thank you based god
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2011, 07:58:35 PM »
Porple says it loads faster.

New Super Mario

• NSM
  • Celestial Guide
  • Ghirahim
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2011, 08:32:10 PM »
I'll probably use mibbit again, because it worked perfectly fine for me last time.

Wayoshi

• Yoshius Maximus
  • Luma
  • PM Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2011, 10:11:52 PM »
Lordy lordy lordy... who are you anyways, catnip? :posh: Apparently you're some sysop, but boy you don't act like it...

Again, I don't plan to be active this year either. However, my complaints and anger at Ralph are valid, because any self-respecting Awards Director would not need to use so many back-up presentations. It's his job to keep tabs on EVERYONE who signs up for presentations and limit fails.

And also Catnip, I was entirely aware that there was an image showing the results of A30. However, that image was very underwhelming - not what's supposed to happen with the most important award of the show. All the uniqueness of the presentation came in the game form, which was unacceptable. Don't you dare say I make baseless accusations without evidence... I ****ing know better than that.

I left the Awards Director role to St00by when I retired, but he is busy in life trying to get by, I guess...Ralph basically usurped the position.

I personally thought I had a great suggestion on A19 and maybe contract... lordy, again. I certainly don't expect to be attacked about my own creation in this forum, and I'd like to think I've earned that respect.
^ ^

Makoto Kikuchi

• Marty
  • Star Spirit
  • Garlic Man
  • Name-change free since 2018
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2011, 10:18:58 PM »
Hey someone care to tell me what happened last year?

Otherwise I have no stance on this matter.
marteny

foot foot foot foot foot foot foot foot foot foot foot dive
XJsM0 FKZv5 RVx0T 7AoXC YncK6bt Aidhw(sig)

Puddin

• Celestial Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2011, 10:34:56 PM »
Hey someone care to tell me what happened last year?

Otherwise I have no stance on this matter.
Same.

I would like to say that if Wayoshi really can't bother to read the text right under "catnip's" name to see it says Edofenrir, he must be too angry to concentrate on being productive. Wayoshi, member-to-member of course, if you're trolling just please knock it off.