"Mario Sports Mix" Release Thread - It begins... (in other regions, obviously)

MeritC

Dedicated Mario fan; loves the Mario girls double!
Retired Wiki Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Okay, as we should already be aware at the main site, the wait is now over for other regions. Starting with the Australia area, they now are getting their hands on the Mario Sports Mix game at last. Other regions are waiting now after this to get their hands on it (I'm in the U.S., and I'm starting to get really impatient for release week to hit).

So, anyone here targeting this game when their respective release day hits? And who are you planning on representing in the game?

My answer to the two questions: (1) Heck yes! (2) Peach, Daisy, Toad -- although I'm hoping to work hard and get White Mage on my roster.

All right; let's discuss.

I do plan on picking this up eventually. Not on release day, but soon.

As for the second question: Bowser Jr., Diddy Kong, and Ninja.

I don't know about anyone else, but I've pretty much given up on the spin-off titles altogether. The last one that I actually bothered to purchase was Mario Kart DS.

I am going to try and buy the game in 2 days time, before next week hopefully!

:D :D

I reserved it so I'll be buying it when it comes out on the 7th. I'll be playing as Diddy Kong a lot there 'cause he's cool.

I plan to get it whenever I have enough. Saving it for Black and White.

Also, my team would likely be Waluigi, Black Mage, and maybe Bowser Jr or Wario. Whoever I feel like playing as.

I'm getting it on Feb 6th hopefully, along with Okami and Muramasa: The Demon Blade

I'd probably use: Yoshi, Bowser Jr. & Mario. Gonna add Ninja and Slime to it over Bowser Jr. and Mario.

Crackin355 said:
I'm getting it on Feb 6th hopefully, along with Okami and Muramasa: The Demon Blade

I'd probably use: Yoshi, Bowser Jr. & Mario. Gonna add Ninja and Slime to it over Bowser Jr. and Mario.
Same with the date. Maybe..

Hey folks I just got this and I got some big complaints.

First of all, why the hell do you need to "change the player" everytime you pass the ball??? Couldn't it be automatic like in Mario Strikers Charged???

Second, what's up with the sloppy camera? I played some hockey and the player that had the ball was in the other part of the field.

It bet it 'll take me a while to get used to all these faults and it's a shame because the game has really pretty graphics.

Gamefreak75 said:
I plan to get it whenever I have enough. Saving it for Black and White.

This, but "whenever I have enough" will probably be a long way down the road since I'm eating enough into my university overdraft as it is. :/

I have enough money to buy 4 games, but it is my parents who spend on the games, not me.

I'm planning to get this because I want to kill Wario using the dodgeball. I'd probably play as Toad, Bowser Jr., Peach, Luigi, and Bowser.

Okay, as we should be aware (and what got posted on the main wiki site's news area), the game got release in most of the Europe area.

And a minor question, but I heard from another forum that I go to that Nintendo of Europe placed the game credits in their Mario Sports Mix instruction book; can anyone here confirm this?

*crosses his fingers hoping that Nintendo of America has done the same thing*

I want my parents to get it for me because my Birthday is 8 days after the release in the US

I want to play as Luigi Toad Daisy (if she's in the game) and Bowser

I saw the commercial today and I was in love with it and I didn't even the play the game

RockinDaisy said:
I want my parents to get it for me because my Birthday is 8 days after the release in the US

I want to play as Luigi Toad Daisy (if she's in the game) and Bowser

I saw the commercial today and I was in love with it and I didn't even the play the game

Uh, you haven't gotten the news of Daisy being a participant in this game? Check the cast list. :P

Rosalina?

What's up with the info on this page: http://uk.cheats.ign.com/ob2/068/077/077721.html#97256

Quoting:

"Rosalina - To unlock the last character you must beat all minigames in Basketball, Volleyball, Hockey, and Dodgeball in that order"

Re: Rosalina?

FunkyKong84 said:
What's up with the info on this page: http://uk.cheats.ign.com/ob2/068/077/077721.html#97256

Quoting:

"Rosalina - To unlock the last character you must beat all minigames in Basketball, Volleyball, Hockey, and Dodgeball in that order"
Probably fake.

Fawfulfury65 said:
FunkyKong84 said:

Quoting:

Probably fake.

My suspicions exactly; hopefully, someone has reported that and the admins there will get it removed. Possibly, the guy is insane thinking that Rosalina still made the cut when the roster for this game was finalized months ago. >_>

MeritC said:
Fawfulfury65 said:
FunkyKong84 said:

Quoting:

Probably fake.

My suspicions exactly; hopefully, someone has reported that and the admins there will get it removed. Possibly, the guy is insane thinking that Rosalina still made the cut when the roster for this game was finalized months ago. >_>
I know right exactly!

FunkyKong84 said:

Quoting:

Fake. Hint Hint. Minigames

There is only one minigame for each sport.

But if Rosalina is in it, that'd be awesome, but a miracle.

Sorry for doublepost, but this is important and I wanted you guys to see it.

I've seen on 6 different websites saying the Rosalina is unlockable, with the same way Funky Kong said. I suggest that this is the other character Miyamuto was talking about, well Slime was just another that Square Enix added. If this is real, I will be happy.

Broggy said:

I've seen on 6 different websites saying the Rosalina is unlockable, with the same way Funky Kong said. I suggest that this is the other character Miyamuto was talking about, well Slime was just another that Square Enix added. If this is real, I will be happy.
Hey,
really? I Will be happy too, I don't know whether it would be true though?

Ms Mowz! said:
Broggy said:

Hey,
really? I Will be happy too, I don't know whether it would be true though?
Well, if you think about it, they currently have 19 characters. It's kinda a weird number, so maybe they will add another one to make an even number 20.

If it's so simple to unlock her, why don't u just do it? I don't get that there's no video of her having been unlocked and people still think she's in the game. I don't think she's in the game, because we would have seen something by now.

Back