The most inconsequential wiki question ever

Do titles with exclamation marks at the end of them such as Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem! and The Super Mario Bros. Super Show! end with a period when they appear at the very end of a sentence?

I've reviewed MarioWiki:Manual of Style extensively, and I couldn't find anything about this incredibly minor style decision one way or the other. I've seen articles which add a period and articles that only use the exclamation mark before starting another sentence.

If a guideline for this is established somewhere on the wiki, please let me know where - maybe I just missed it.

No, writing standards say if your title ends in punctuation then you don't add an extra punctuation.

Thanks!

Do you know where that guideline is present? Is it on MarioWiki:Manual of Style or another MarioWiki page, or is it just a generally accepted standard of English grammar according to a more broad source?

If it's not explicitly stated on the wiki, I feel like it should be somewhere in the Manual of Style, considering how I've seen both styles being used so frequently on articles that it's hard to tell which is more common, let alone which is more accurate to proper grammar.

It's just general grammar so that's why it's not specifically mentioned.

Back