House of Mouse returns?

Smashgoom202

Dry Bowser
Retired Wiki Staff
So, does anyone remember the House of Mouse? It was this show which had Mickey and his friends owning a clubhouse called the House of Mouse, in which they'd entertain and serve guests, which would be characters from the animated Disney canon. Plots would revolve around something going wrong behind the scenes and Mickey and his friends would try to fix it in order for the show to continue. Pete, the club's greedy landlord, would often try to sabotage the show for personal gain, since their contract states that the club will stay open so long as the show goes on. They also showed a number of Mickey Mouse cartoons, both new (from Mickey Mouse Works) and old (the theatrical shorts from the 30's, 40's, and 50's). What made this show great in my eyes, aside from the sear awesomeness of watching Mickey Mouse cartoons and having this massive Disney crossover in play, is that it gave a chance for older, more obscure Disney characters a chance to shine or make a brief cameo, like Gus Goose, the Phantom Blot, etc. Even classic and now forgotten characters such as Clarabelle Cow and Horace Horsecollar are recurring characters on the show. What's even more amazing though is the fact that certain characters, such as Li'l Bad Wolf and April, May and June Duck, who only appeared in comics and never made actual animated appearances, would also be seen in this show! The show lasted from 2001 to 2003, it had a nice run.

But then I saw this video and read the info box that went with it:

I don't know how to embed videos, so I'm just posting a link to the video here.

Attention Disney fans everywhere! The House of Mouse is re-opening its doors! Seriously! I am not joking! My pal, DisneysMickeyMouse aka Mickey Mouse (That's right! I'm friends with the mouse in charge! How cool is that?) and the rest of the Disney gang are bringing the House of Mouse back!

And Oswald the Lucky Rabbit and Francine "Fanny" Cottentail are gonna be working at the club, too! Oswald is gonna co-host with Mickey and Fanny is gonna help out Minnie backstage!

And the show is gonna feature not just Disney characters but Pixar characters too, seeing that they are part of the Disney family.

And, to top it off, Mickey, Oswald, and the gang are gonna make cartoons again, with the help of the best executive producer of all Disney projects, John Lasseter!

And don't worry: Mickey's gonna find a new and nicer landlord for the House of Mouse. The thought of Pete doing that again, no thank you!

But what's even cooler is that when/if Mickey gets the House of Mouse back on air, it will not be cancelling again! It will stay for good!

So, spread the word! Because once it airs, we'll ALL be rockin' at the House of Mouse once again!

I DO NOT OWN THE RIGHTS TO THESE PICTURES OR THIS SONG!

Song: Down in New Orleans from "The Princess and the Frog" soundtrack

...So, yeah, wow. Not only a return of the House of Mouse, but Oswald, Fanny, and Pixar characters to boot?

Naturally, I'm skeptical of this claim. I don't know if this really is happening, but if it is, I'd think I'd pass out for amazement. The idea of including Pixar character, plus Oswald the Lucky Rabbit and his girlfriend Fanny, in what was already a massive Disney crossover, is almost too much for me to bare! It's just so unspeakably awesome that I'm at a loss for words...

...SO! Any other Disney fans out there seen this show?

Sounds fake to me.

Anyway yeah, House of Mouse was an awesome show. I hate that it doesn't air here anymore.

I watched that show ages ago and loved it. This does look fake, though. If it's real, awesome.

If this were real, there would likely be more than a slideshow of screenshots. That and the fact that I can't really see how Pixar characters would work out.

I used to watch it when i was 6... that was an awesome show...

The only reason i don`t watch it anymore is because we don`t get disney in canada,

Yeah, how would Pixar characters work in a 2-D show? But anyway, I'm not trusting anything that's not from an official source.

Junior Troopa said:
I used to watch it when i was 6... that was an awesome show...

The only reason i don`t watch it anymore is because we don`t get disney in canada,
I watched it when I was about that age.

Good times, bro.

YouTube group dedicated to bringing back the House of Mouse!

http://www.youtube.com/group/savetheclub

This was probably made because I brought up the idea the video maker, ThePixarPrincess, that her source (DisneysMickeyMouse) might be wrong.

That said, just in case the DisneysMickeyMouse source turns out to be bogus, I want come up with ways in which we can convince Disney to bring back the House of Mouse. Show our support, if you will. To me, the best way to do that is to by DVDs of the show wherever they're sold, whether at video stores or retailers. And make sure they're relatively new and not used or returned, we want Disney to see a profit in this. Money speaks louder than words, after all. Just a thought.

Hey, it worked for Futurama.

Smashgoom202 said:
YouTube group dedicated to bringing back the House of Mouse!

http://www.youtube.com/group/savetheclub

This was probably made because I brought up the idea the video maker, ThePixarPrincess, that her source (DisneysMickeyMouse) might be wrong.

That said, just in case the DisneysMickeyMouse source turns out to be bogus, I want come up with ways in which we can convince Disney to bring back the House of Mouse. Show our support, if you will. To me, the best way to do that is to by DVDs of the show wherever they're sold, whether at video stores or retailers. And make sure they're relatively new and not used or returned, we want Disney to see a profit in this. Money speaks louder than words, after all. Just a thought.

Hey, it worked for Futurama.

That's true!

Back