ARMS (Nintendo Switch)

winstein

Justice is not limited, it is a universal quality
Awards Committee
MarioWiki
winstein
It's the new fighting game for Nintendo Switch!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7s3UB_8dFM

Thanks for reading.

Re: Arms

Motion controls look a little concerning, but the game itself looks fun enough.

developed by the people who brought you "pelvises"

do I have the constitutional right to bear this game as part of a well-regulated militia

btw this looks really fun

It's graphics remind me of Splatoon somewhat and the fighting ring reminds me of Pokken Tournament.

Nabber said:
PeDaRoYs said:
For Nintendo, it's like the Splatoon of arcade fighting games.
what does this even mean
Ignore what I said above. Thank bad grammar.

What I'm trying to say is:
Arms is "Nintendo's wacky and colourful arcade fighting game". Splatoon is "Nintendo's wacky and colourful third-person shooter".

I don't know I feel like the should have used a Z instead of an S in the title. Add some Pizzazz, or not.

When I saw the other characters, it reminded me of Overwatch. A mix of Punch-Out and Overwatch.

A leak earlier commented that ARMS had a Wonderful 101 artstyle, but in hindsight, it seems to be its own thing. There are some similarities with Wonderful 101, namely the realistic yet colourful setting, except the characters have proper body proportions instead of being mini-humans.

I can understand the comparison to Overwatch, but when I see the expressions of the characters, it doesn't remind me of that game, mainly because I thought ARMS have more expressive characters compared to Overwatch's more realistic ones.

I hope that this game finds some mainstream success similar to Splatoon, because it looks like they fit into Nintendo's stable of colourful characters. It certainly helps that this game has online, which helps because online games tend to have communities (I remembered that Mario Strikers Charged had a community forum).

Thanks for reading.

It's a late reply, but the latest fighter is Minmin!

82221d8ccbf74eae929b24d0b482e330_Chara_MinMin02_thumb.jpg

Thanks for reading.

Helix is pretty unorthodox, and I wonder why they used a gooey blob as the character to wield DNA arms. Perhaps his initial design is an amoeba?

I am surprised to see that this game is not generating as much discussion, as evidenced by the fact that as of this posting, we're only 20 posts in. I guess this style of game isn't as popular among the Mario fans? Of note that this game is made by the same team as Mario Kart.

I can't say I know this game will be great since I have never played it, but I have faith that it would be, given the strong sense of style and the ability to customise the characters' arms.

Thanks for reading.

It's probably not being discussed because the game looks stupid. I'll be honest, when I first the say the game, I just thought it looked stupid.

Now that more info about the game has come out, it, well, still looks stupid. But the fun kind of stupid. I'll probably pick it up when I get a Switch cause it'll be a blast with friends frantically throwing joy-cons everywhere hoping to achieve something.

Back