Tony Rosato, voice of Luigi from DIC's cartoons, dead at 62

Magikrazy

Donkey Kong
http://kotaku.com/tony-rosato-the-cartoon-voice-of-luigi-dead-at-62-1791101407

Rosato was also on SCTV and Saturday Night Live, but we knew him best as Mama Luigi. Without his portrayal of the green glad plumber, there would be no YouTube Poop.

He was relatively young, but it's like they say in Brooklyn, early to bed, early to catch the worm.

Or is it the bagel?

here it is in all its glory

rip

From what I've heard, the guy had a pretty messed up life after the 90s. He suffered from Capgras delusion, which meant he was thoroughly convinced his wife and daughter were abducted and replaced with impostors. He was arrested in 2005 for criminal harrassment after over a year's worth of complaints to the Toronto and Kingston police departments about the aforementioned belief he held. He was held in a detention center for about two years before his trial even started. Ultimately, despite denying his condition and refusing to plea insanity, he was cleared of criminal charge and sentenced to three years in a psychiatric hospital. He was released in December 2009 and off probation about a year later.

I often wonder if he was ever aware of the memes spawned from a character he voiced, but given the problems in his life, it's doubtful.

Rest in pasta, Mama Luigi.

Aw man will I miss him. I've enjoyed his performance in the Super Mario Bros. 3 cartoon and the Super Mario World show.

R.I.P. The legendary "I FELL FOR HOURS!"

I_fell_for_hours%21.jpg

That leaves one Mario bro left, Walker Boone.

RIP Mama Luigi, you leave us now, but the memes you've created will always make us remember you.

Re: Not familiar with him but he'll will be missed

May he rest in peace.. i swear this was the number one problem back in 2016 All the celebrity deaths

2017 came but it still took one more just sad :'(

I actually enjoyed some of these cartoons when I was younger. No doubt his Luigi voice was iconic even if it wasn't as well known as Charles Martinet. RIP, he will be missed. :luigi: :'(

Back