Post moments where you encountered a glitch in a game.

Dr. Peach

Rest in Peace Walkazo 1991-2016
Banned User
This thread is to post moments where you encountered a glitch in a game. This excludes emulation issues.

Let me start out with a glitch I encountered today in Castlevania: Rondo of Blood (Akumajou Dracula X: Chi no Rondo/Rinne).

vtr8bOK.png

I was in Stage 4 when I encountered it.

799px-Baby_Man_Textures.png

lol UV mapping

I also encountered a glitch in Smash 4 where one character was under the effects of a Super Mushroom for pretty much an indefinite amount of time and reverted to normal only once that person was KO'd. I still have a replay of that.

I ran into the pal version glitch in spm where the game crashes upon talking to mimi at one point

LeftyGreenMario said:
*img*
lol UV mapping

I mean seriously, how can they not catch this???

MKDDglitch_-BabyMarioUVMap.png

It's not even just the legs, the foot is messed up too.

Baby Luigi's looks fine for goodness's sake

MKDDglitch_-BabyLuigiUVMap.png

Was playing The Sims and one of my woman Sims got out of the shower but didn't put her clothes back on for some reason so she just kept going about her day completely naked.

I was playing around with Mario Sunshine and I did this glitch that made Mario look really bizarre because he was laying on nothing in the weirdest pose ever. And he blinked really weirdly, too.

u r ded 2 mee f u don reeplai

Geometry Dash, Deadlocked, jumped over a seemingly required grav., got to the other platform safely.

freakworld said:
I ran into the pal version glitch in spm where the game crashes upon talking to mimi at one point
Don't you see?

The game is warning you about its shittiness.

Super Mario Sunshine.

I think it was the Chuckster episode and I was trying traverse the mushrooms and I slip and fall and somehow I don't die when falling but instead I survive and hit ground, it was just a dark blue void of nothing! I was able to do it with Yoshi but it's kind of random and difficult to do multiple times. The first time wasn't intentional at all.

Maria Renard said:
This thread is to post moments where you encountered a glitch in a game. This excludes emulation issues.

Let me start out with a glitch I encountered today in Castlevania: Rondo of Blood (Akumajou Dracula X: Chi no Rondo/Rinne).

vtr8bOK.png

I was in Stage 4 when I encountered it.

Every time a video game won't open.

im not to sure how this happened but its pretty neat

That was something of a rarity.

There's only ever been one other instance of this glitch I've ever come across on the internet, but the second boss of The Magical Quest starring Mickey Mouse is just invisible. For no reason I can determine.

final fantasy 1.

glitch the video game.

I guess the most notable glitch in rpg history for me is probably relms sketch ability.

how it detonated the game is beyond me.

I was playing Brawl one time, and I was in Training Mode. I set both myself and the cpu at random and picked Battlefield. We somehow both ended up with Marth's default skin.

I recorded a video of this, but I ended up losing it and I was never able to replicate the glitch.

DI2y7kX.png

At one point, this was actually WarioWare. This is not an edited image in any way: this is an in-game screenshot (granted, this happened on an emulator while abusing save states and fastforwarding, but still).

The water graphics in Star Road are really buggy. A lot of times I've seen water even though I'm inside the castle yard without any water in sight.

A real long time ago my friend somehow managed to get a red shell to zoom in tight circles instead of flying at me in MK64 battle mode, and we were never able to determine how it happened. The only theory we had was me driving off the top floor of Double Deck somehow caused it, but we could never recreate it

In Banjo Tooie, I once got amultiple variations of the Grunty Industries theme (Indoor, Outdoor, and maybe others I couldn't make out) to play at once over each other after I walked through a doorway.

a few months ago when i was playing majora's mask

W2TVjb8.jpg

good bye

Playing through Ocarina of Time today and, since I have the 1.0 version, I decided to steal the Fishing Rod from the Watering Hole. Last time I did this, the game froze when I used it.

This time, instead of using it, I opened the pause menu. When I unpaused, Link had the Deku Stick equipped to the B Button, which isn't possible, especially considering Adult Link can't even use them. So I pressed the B Button and...softlock. Good thing I saved right beforehand, so I reloaded and was brought back to the Temple of Time... to find out that the Deku Stick was still on the B Button! Used it again, and another softlock occurred. I guess I just like seeing games misbehave, so I tried it again; this time I got a messed up, pixelated screen. Yeah, figured I should probably be done and fix it tomorrow.

Proof (game is softlocked):
C6Csjp8VMAAiBUj.jpg:large

Not a massively interesting glitch, but I was playing Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, and doing B-2 and when I revealed the hidden door in the Tower Lobby to the West Garden, a heart appeared. Whenever I went to collect the heart it disappeared, but when I went to leave the room it reappeared.

One time I was playing Mario Power Tennis and during some character's power shot the camera got inside petey piranha's head.

Back