Your ideas of what the future of video game consoles could actually look like.

Dr. Peach

Rest in Peace Walkazo 1991-2016
Banned User
This thread is to talk about what you think the future of video game consoles will actually look like.

Video game consoles are getting upgraded with the likes of the PS4 Pro and the Scorpio.

I think game consoles will have upgradable components such as CPU, GPU and RAM in the future.

Here is a diagram of how it works:

my_prediction_of_the_future_of_video_game_consoles_by_pwwnd123-daonlyy.png

What are your ideas/thoughts of what the future of video game consoles could actually look like?

I just want future consoles to stop being bad PC imitations

I just want an official Nintendo console that is backwards compatible with everything before it, and add-ons can be attached to improve the processing power for future iterations.

Honestly makes me wonder what the NES would've looked like if the Genesis hadn't entered the picture.

Baby Luigi said:

"computers look like boxes, people love boxes, lets make our consoles look just like boxes, GENIUS"

Yoshi the SSM said:
Lady Rosalina said:
Baby Luigi said:

"computers look like boxes, people love boxes, lets make our consoles look just like boxes, GENIUS"

You mean like GameCube?

yes, exactly, weird ass looking box though

Video games in the future will be like TRON, where you actually go inside the game and experience it for real, and if you die in the game, you die for real. This is why most video games in the future is stuff like Pong and Words with Friends.

according to square enix consoles will die out and the pc market will be dominated to episodic games (at least thats what they were implying iirc)

tbh theyre probably just trying to find an excuse for why the ff7 remake is episodic

I think my idea of an easy upgradable console is a great one. Especially when Moore's Law ends, it will be beneficial.
You wouldn't have to buy another system every 5 or 6 years. The games will work fine.

Hobbes said:
But being serious, I think VR is the future of video games. Or at least I'd love it to be.

Eh, I don't think VR is the future. VR requires like a very specific set-up to work properly compared to traditional plug-and-play consoles, plus it's easier to get tired of holding that helmet thing all the time compared to staring at a screen.

I have inklings it'd be just another gimmick like motion controls.

Expandability of consoles is a good thing and may lower the need for having multiple new generations every time.

How's your day been?

TingThing said:
VR is probably going to take for for some time!
You put 'for' twice.

In the future, consoles will be tablets with buttons that you can switch from console to handheld at any time.
By future, I didn't mean the far future, but rather, in four months.

Re: How's your day been?

SuperDoom said:
TingThing said:
VR is probably going to take for for some time!
You put 'for' twice.

In the future, consoles will be tablets with buttons that you can switch from console to handheld at any time.
By future, I didn't mean the far future, but rather, in four months.

Um... you mean, everything will follow the Switch's example. *thinks* Um... consoles will need to change how they look. I give this a low chance of being accepted by Sony and Microsoft and/or lasting 3 if not 5 generations.

Back