Spunky Spooks - Simple Platforming Fan Game

Kingboo10

Goomba
Hey, everyone. New here, and I decided to (crudely) share a fan game I've been working on for the past...well, many months that have managed to slip by me now, due to being so busy all the time, unfortunately, but nevertheless, I managed to finish two levels for a simplistically-designed platformer that's more focused on level design rather than aesthetics, engine quality, or anything else that someone who is way smarter than me could develop. It's called Spunky Spooks, and there isn't really much of a premise outside of the main character being a boo who goes around jumping on enemies ala Mario. Here's a video link and two screens:

23usbcg.png

10cw8zp.png

Please bear in mind that while I am, of course, open to criticism, it is my first attempt at designing a platforming engine, and I don't intend for the full release of the game (should I ever get to it) to be anything grand scale. I'm looking at a minimum of 20 completely varied and unique levels. In other words, at least let me down easy that my game sorta sucks. Lol. (But hey, I have fun playing it myself, on that note... though I am the creator, so there is some inherent bias dripping in those words, no doubt. Meh.)

(Yes, I am aware the sprites are clashing, by the way.)

How is a Boo able to jump on enemies to defeat them? You would think Boos are weightless, considering they float everywhere.

Magikrazy said:
How is a Boo able to jump on enemies to defeat them? You would think Boos are weightless, considering they float everywhere.

You make a great point. I'm just going off of Mario Party logic (where the playable boo was forced to function like every other character and had to jump to get places), I suppose. Lol.

In hindsight, I just really wanted a playable boo in a standard, Mario-esque platformer.

Back