Bad video games you like/Good video games you dislike

Magikrazy

Donkey Kong
Sometimes you play a game that has several glaring flaws, but for whatever reason you like it or even love it.

And the opposite is true too. Sometimes a game just excels in almost every category, but you just can't enjoy it.

That's what this thread is for.

I guess I'll start. I like Sonic R. The graphics are ugly and it controls as well as an office chair on a frozen pond, but I love that cheesy soundtrack and the fact that it's the only Sonic racing game that doesn't have him in a car.

Basically the entire goddamn Mario Party series. I adore that series to death. It's probably not the most content heavy. It's probably the sameish. It's probably too frequently released. It's highly flawed. But for hell's sake, I had a blast with every installment I've played and that includes Mario Party 9's and its wonderful minigames.

Same could be said for any Mario Sports spin-off. They're my favorite parts of the entire Mario series. Mario Tennis, Mario Baseball, Mario Strikers, Mario Sports Mix....and now going to add Mario Golf to the list of Mario Sports games that never make me cease to smile from ear to ear.

For good video games I dislike, Super Mario Galaxy 2 is the top contender for most disagreeable opinion. I hate that game so much. If everything about that game got removed except for making me walk around in planets with music playing, I'd love it so much more since I don't have to suffer through disappointing gameplay. The aesthetics and artistics are good, everything else about the game is dull and forgettable.

I also dislike the mainline Pokemon franchise. The only reason you'll see me posting in such topics is if it's about the Pokemon themselves, otherwise, it's not worth sitting through tedious gameplay to play as Pokemon that look great and Magnemite.

i don't think i ever like or dislike a game that i think isn't deserving of that opinion

the cod series gets a bad rep in the gaming world, but black ops is a contender for my top 10 games of all time

hitman absolution is also a really really really good game

I guess Sonic Riders fits into the category. The game is hated on because it's hard to get into but once you know what your doing it's a blast.

Everyone hates MP9 but I enjoyed it.

MP8 was voted Favorite Mario Party but I think it was pretty boring. MC Crappyhoo, a crappy plot, and boring characters ruined it. Cut From the Team was really its only redeeming factor imo.

I don't get how Mario Party 8 was voted favorite Mario Party, that game is basically one of the weakest entries in the Mario Party series.

idk how relevant this would even be, but I don't think alot of people like the MySims series (especially after the PBG reviews) and the fanbase is small. But man, those games are my childhood. From 2007-2010 anyway.

Also i bought Federation Force recently but haven't played it yet bc i've been hooked on Smash Bros and Style Savvy, another probably-underrated series (not Smash tho lol)

Also I'm new hello

Jim Perry said:
MP8

a crappy plot ruined it
s3xeZv0.gif

senran kagura burst

it's not that great but I enjoy slowly making my way towards 100%, I made a ton of progress this year compared to other years.

I actually enjoy 8. It's my third favorite, after 6 and 7. My only problems with the game are the slow pacing and some of the candies (Cashzap in Team Battle, for instance).

i guess a bad video game i like is sudeki, due ot the amazing gameplay.

a good video game i dont like is super mario galaxy, i can appreciate the game but i really do not like playing it.

Zae Eildus said:
a good video game i dont like is super mario galaxy, i can appreciate the game but i really do not like playing it.

i dont think smg is a bad game, far from it, but its not even better than sunshine or 64 imo

A51_Trooper said:
I actually enjoy 8. It's my third favorite, after 6 and 7. My only problems with the game are the slow pacing and some of the candies (Cashzap in Team Battle, for instance).

you have objectively bad taste

jokes aside, 6 and 7 were pretty good. i just. 8 is soooooo forgettable.

8 is the only problem on that list. what on earth made you think that game was good.

did you never play 3?

A51_Trooper said:
Destroy my list all you like:

7, 6, 8, 5, 2, 4, 1, 9

Take 8, and move it to the end to agree with quite a few people. Also, unless you haven't played them you should add 3, DS, and 10.

3 is like the best one lol, that or 5, that ive played anyway, although i still love 2.

I preordered 3 a few weeks ago, but it hasn't arrived yet. I do have high hopes for it, as I think it can top 6, and perhaps 7.

And I don't have the urge or money to buy the other ones.

A51_Trooper said:
And I don't have the urge or money to buy the other ones.

What? MPDS is a must-play game, even if the graphics don't look that good.

Paper Jorge said:
What on earth made you think that game was good.

1. Arguably one of the best rosters to date.
2. All boards have great designs and music.
3. Many of the minigames are great. The music playing in them are also good.
4. Some of the models of the candy transformations, as well as the animations when using any candy, all look great.
5. Seeing a Thwomp driving a tiny moped.

A51_Trooper said:
Paper Jorge said:
What on earth made you think that game was good.

1. Arguably one of the best rosters to date.

Disagree. It's only different from other modern Mario Partys by a couple characters.

A51_Trooper said:
2. All boards have great designs and music.

Disagree again because I think they're actually completely forgettable.

A51_Trooper said:
3. Many of the minigames are great. The music playing in them are also good.

Also completely forgettable except for Specter Inspector and Cut From the Team imo.

A51_Trooper said:
4. Some of the models of the candy transformations, as well as the animations when using any candy, all look great.

All the transformations are is a bunch of flying balls and all the actual forms look like they were just character models run through paint.net and somehow getting Nintendo to approve them. Other than Bitsize of course. Everything else was pretty bad, even though the Vampire looked really edgy.

A51_Trooper said:
5. Seeing a Thwomp driving a tiny moped.

That's a case of so bad it's good, not actually good.

Jim Perry said:
big ass post

Way to completely miss the point of this thread.

Does A51_Trooper care about your opinion for Mario Party 8? I don't think so.

Back