Other Active Mario Forums?

winstein

Justice is not limited, it is a universal quality
Awards Committee
MarioWiki
winstein
I got the impression that there are not a whole lot of active Mario forums out there. For example, Pokemon has several sites dedicated to it like Bulbagarden, Smogon, PokeBeach and Pokejungle. Even Sonic has a number of active sites like Sonic Stadium, Sonic Retro and Sega's official forums.

It's interesting that Mario doesn't have a whole lot of active forums despite being one of the most well-known gaming properties. Besides Super Mario Boards, all I got are:
1) The Mushroom Kingdom
2) MKBoards
3) Wario Forums (Added!)
4) Mario RPG Universe (Added!)

What are other Mario forum sites that are popular hangouts?

Thanks for reading.

YoshiKong said:
There's a small handful listed at MarioWiki:Links#Fan forums, although I don't think all of them are very active.

The only one that I'm fairly familiar with are the Wario Forums, which is run by a user called Cheat-master30.

Ah yes, the Wario forums! How could I forget that? After looking through the links you provided to me, there are only two additions I could make. Most of the others are indeed inactive (one of them only have a handful of posts).

Thanks for reading.

Haha, yeah.

All other Mario forums are...

Pak_E_Derm.png

... Irrelephant.

You all have a point when you mention that Mario forums is the one place, given that it's probably the most active one. Still, it's nice to know that this is not the only place where Mario fans congregate.

Hobbes said:
hqdefault.jpg

We're the only Mario forums you need.

I don't get this picture. What's this supposed to mean?

Thanks for reading.

I'll brb creating a derpboard for myself to add to the list of Mario-related "popular" forums.

Baby Luigi said:
I'll brb creating a derpboard for myself to add to the list of Mario-related "popular" forums.

Be sure to add a Mindless Junk board.

Don't worry, the general discussion board will be a thinly-veiled Mindless Junk, so therefore, Mindless Junk is the center of everything.

Baby Luigi said:
Don't worry, the general discussion board will be a thinly-veiled Mindless Junk, so therefore, Mindless Junk is the center of everything.
The problem is that dunno when the last time I saw a Mario related post in mindless junk. So does it even count?

Shhhhhh

Unfortunately The Mario Forums (www.themarioforums.com) have pretty much died off because there were some cool people there back in the day. I don't know of any others because they're all mostly throwaway proboards sites with like 1 member each.

Huh, I generally prefer it if all fans congregate on a single place rather than spread out on different forums. I picked this one up by sheer coincidence, actually.

Member on the Zelda Wiki forums, got wind of this NIWA thing and got into the other wikis to see if theh had forums, too \o/

I....don't miss the days where creating forums are a fad. At least here, it was lucky enough that a lot of the forums from users are created for shits and giggles. Other places, they're used as drama vessels and places banned users congregate to complain about how other boards they are banned from run.

Speaking of an affinity to create new forums, part of me wonders how Pokemon could usually accrue such a sizeable audience for each of the forums made, whereas Mario is not as lucky. I suppose having online sharing in a game would be a huge advantage, given that that Mario Kart forums is also pretty active (that website is down. Wonder why?).

D.Va said:
Unfortunately The Mario Forums (www.themarioforums.com) have pretty much died off because there were some cool people there back in the day. I don't know of any others because they're all mostly throwaway proboards sites with like 1 member each.

This is a forum I have seen sometimes, and given that there was an activity drop, I wonder what happened to it, and where most of the active people went.

Speaking of that, it's amusing that the Mario websites that YoshiKong linked mentioned Wii Chat Forums, which is a forum with virtually no activity. Wonder who was the one who mentioned that site.

Thanks for reading.

Eh everyone on TMF just got busy with other things and new members didn't come through. :/

One thing I found out is that MarioKartWii.com is now defunct, where last time I checked, it has a database error, linked to a malicious website, and finally linked to a completely blank page. What happened to MarioKartWii.com?

I have replaced it with a more appropriate MKBoards, which is indeed still around and active.

Thanks for reading.

If it redirected to a malicious website, perhaps MarioKartWii.com got hacked and are trying to recover from it, hence the downtime and why it stopped redirecting to said malicious website.

Back