Do you use the mobile versions of the wiki and forum?

Well, do ya?

• I use the forum mobile version

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • I use the wiki mobile version

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • I use both

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • I use neither

Votes: 34 69.4%

• Total voters

Shoko

Dry Bowser
Wiki Bureaucrat
'Shroom Consultant
MarioWiki
Shokora
A lot of my time is spent out and about, so I'm not always at home on the desktop. I do find the mobile forum version especially useful for checking in on discussions or replying to messages (although I wish there was a clear notification for something new in my inbox). And I love the simplicity compared to the desktop version.

I find the mobile version of the wiki useful for patrolling recent changes and such, but it still feels very limited. For example, I can't see a way to view a page's history, and sometimes I can't edit a talk page section or scroll down while editing.

Do you guys use the mobile versions of the site at all?

Neither. The mobile forum is too limiting and boring, and the mobile wiki is clunky to use.

I'm on my phone now, but I'm using the full website.

Bob Eubanks said:
Neither. The mobile forum is too limiting and boring, and the mobile wiki is clunky to use.

I can't see a way to like your comment from the mobile version ;) So just take my word for it

I use the mobile version of the forum when I'm on my phone but I switch to the full version if I want to like a post. I don't like the fact that it's hard to miss new messages, though. For the wiki, I always use the full version.

YoshiKong said:
Bob Eubanks said:

I can't see a way to like your comment from the mobile version ;) So just take my word for it

But I liked your post!?

There's never a reason I ever want to use the mobile versions of any site, when it's really a downgraded version of the desktop site. I'd use mobile versions literally only for drop-menu support, since mobile users don't support it, that's it, and even so, this forum doesn't make huge use of drop-menus anyway.

The forum mobile version sucks ass so no. I don't use the wiki mobile version and I don't plan to.

The mobile forum seems really akwardly designed. I use the forums a lot on mobile devices (like now, with my phone), but whenever I do so, I make sure I am in Desktop mode.

As for the wiki, many things don't format correctly in mobile mode, so I use Desktop mode when visiting it on a mobile device as well. It's also a million times easier to edit on the desktop setup.

the mobile version of the forum is extremely weird to use, although iirc thats a general problem of SMF, luckily i dont actually have any devices id have to use that on so

never used the mobile version of the wiki before i think

June said:
the mobile version of the forum is extremely weird to use, although iirc thats a general problem of SMF, luckily i dont actually have any devices id have to use that on so

the mobile wiki layout is similar to wikipedia's mobile layout

Lord Bowser said:
June said:

wikipedia's mobile layout is okay i think.

June said:
Lord Bowser said:
June said:

wikipedia's mobile layout is okay i think.
only problem I have with mobile wikipedia is that it doesn't show templates. otherwise it's actually pretty good for a mobile site

better than that godawful layout wikia has

I use the mobile forum when I'm on my phone at work. I have a small screen and it's nice to be able to see text without all the extra images/shit making it load slowly, or just seeing text without having to zoom in.

Neither, I don't really like the way they look and I don't really browse the internet on my phone when I'm out other than to see if there's any new Hollyoaks news or SnapChat updates.

The only time I've used or do use the mobile version of the forum is when my laptop's broken and I need to post to let people know that I'm gone.

I almost never use the mobile versions of sites unless there's major lag. Even then, I rarely use anything other than my computer to browse the internet.

I use the mobile version of the wiki as it shows exactly what I want to see without needing to move left and right, text and images.

I use the desktop version of the forum, since the mobile version seems... Odd and clunky >.>

I generally don't like using mobile versions of sites anyways, but the mobile forum has always been limiting and uncomfortable to use.

also there's a mobile wiki site??? literaly every time i use my phone i end up with the normal desktop site

I generally use neither as they miss features I use frequently or look awkward on places.

The Wiki simply was never intended to be viewed mobile. Templates, tables, all that stuff.

The mobile forum theme looks great, but misses features like marking topics unread, liking (ye), going to the last post in a topic, a complete PM system, that stuff.

Mobile forum, ironically, is about 5 times slower than the full version on my phone.
Some of the ads on the mobile version also hi-jacked my browser window several times in the past and made my phone vibrate.

So.

No. I hate the mobile style for the wiki. Doesn't have things like the info boxes and categories on wiki pages, making it annoying to navigate and find information.

Rarely, I mainly edit from my laptop but that doesn't mean I don't view the site from my iPhone.

One of the biggest problems I have with the Marioboards on mobile is how I cannot go to the latest post. Normally I don't sign into the forums, and the "Latest Post" icon doesn't work because all threads are considered read. The longer the thread is, the more troublesome it is for me to go to the latest post.

Thanks for reading.

Back