What obscure/forgotten characters would you like to see in a new Mario game?

So, as far as I know, this kind of topic doesn't exist within the Mario Boards, and I thought it would be interesting to see what people's opinions were on the long lost characters of the Mario universe.

The main purpose of this topic is pretty much to post exactly what the title states: The obscure/forgotten characters that you would like to see in a new mario game.

For me, it'd have to be...

1. Foreman Spike
2. Tatanga
3. Wart
4. Geno (Technically he doesn't count as "forgotten", but to an extent, he could be considered obscure.)
5. Mallow
6. Yaridovich
7. King K. Rool
8. Tryclyde
9. Mouser
10. Captain Syrup (I have no idea if she's been retired by Nintendo, but last I checked, she hasn't been seen in a long while.)

Although Foreman Spike seems like a bit of an odd choice for #1, something about his similarity in design to the Mario Bros. just catches my eye. I deffinately see some potential in Spike.

Jeff Goldblum said:
Wart, all the way. They could easily change up his character to be less...Bowser with Farts.

Huh. I really don't recall any appearances he's made where he's farted, at all. Isn't that Wario's thing anyways? And yeah, I could easily see Wart picking up the role of secondary antagonist. I really wish that New Super Mario Bros. 2 was actually BASED on Super Mario Bros. 2... We could've seen Wart's debut into the third dimension.

the rpg characters

*starts a flame war*

I'm joking, the RPG characters are fine the way they are.

I'd like to see the return of Sarasaland, would be really cool.

Donkey Kong Jr, or at least some closure on whether or not the current DK is DKJr or his son.

Mecha Bowser

Either K. Rool or Tatanga.

My vote goes to Swanky Kong, and it's not because of my signature. My sole wish is that his SNES DKC3 design becomes his standard one, I wasn't a big fan of his blue coat and afro.

Magikrazy said:
Oboro said:
Yes, that old obscure and forgotten Waluigi who hasn't appeared in a Mario game since Mario and Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games.

He was a god man. Rest in peace, my old chum.

Mcmadness said:
Mecha Bowser
That would actually be cool, just update the design to look more modern and less GameCube-era-ish.

Speaking of Sunshine, Shadow Mario would be decent, even if it is technically Bowser Jr..

J-Yoshi64 said:
The various Mario Party hosts, Koopa Kid, and the Forbidden Pop-Up Book Spirits (Yoshi Island Spirits).
Koopa Kid is kinda unnecessary with Bowser Jr. and the return and over use of the Koopalings.

Ninelevendo said:
Koopa Kid is kinda unnecessary with Bowser Jr. and the return and over use of the Koopalings.
Actually, unless there are serious legal problems with property of characters (like in the case of Geno and Mallow), I wouldn't mind the return of Koopa Kids, as the attitude of "they never were, get Bowser Jr. instead" I'm seeing now does not resonate with me (and mind you, I like Bowser Jr. more than them). Also, as surprising as it may sound to you, the only two recent Mario videogames with the Koopalings but not Bowser Jr. were New Super Mario Bros. 2 and Mario Kart 8, due to Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash and Mario Party 10 in the last two years Bowser Jr. has been more present than the Koopalings (I'm not counting the last game in the Mario vs. Donkey Kong series whose name should be Mini Mario & Friends: amiibo Challenge, by the way).

Vic Video

Sewer Guru

Bluster Kong

Ninelevendo said:
That would actually be cool, just update the design to look more modern and less GameCube-era-ish.

Like this?

By the way, beside the Koopa Kids and the unavoidable Wart, Tatanga and K. Rool, my vote goes to the Village Leader (fat Yoshi for the win!) and since Pink Donkey Kong Jr. was rightfully mentioned and since the Encyclopedia Super Mario Bros. revealed that he's not a Fake, my final vote goes to Blue Bowser!

Previously on another thread, I observed that none of the Mario Party original characters made it in another Mario game, unlike certain other Mario spin-offs where there are characters that debuted there, and made appearances outside their spin-off of origin. The prominent examples are Kart, Tennis, Donkey Kong and to a lesser extent, Paper Mario. (I just realised how odd it is that none of Wario's cast appear in a Mario game, Super Mario Land 3 notwithstanding)

So yes, I would like to see some Mario Party original characters make their appearance outside Mario Party. The ones I can see the most potential in are Brighton & Twila, along with Koopa Kid. To explain the latter, I can see Koopa Kid working as nameless minions of the Koopa Army, perhaps operating complex machinery.

The mention of Waluigi is funny, I admit, but I guess he is an obscure character in that there is a fascination for wanting him not to appear in other Mario games? In any case, I am open to more Waluigi appearances.

Personally, I would like to see Donkey Kong Jr. make another appearance alongside Donkey Kong, because not only is he a classic character that didn't appear for a long time, he's a playable classic character. I don't mind Poochy appearing alongside Mario's cast, much like how the Babies appear alongside the adults.

Thanks for reading.

Back