Luigi_Fan's custom Fortune Street boards

Luigi_Fan

Spiny
Is this the right place to post this? I think it is.

Have any of you heard of Fortune Street for the Wii? No?

Well, if you haven't, then I'll do a very basic summary: FS is a board game based on Monopoly. You can move a character around on a board to buy shops. There's districts that have a certain amount of shops. If you have more than one shop in a district, then the value goes up. You can also invest in your shops to make the value even go higher. And there's also a stock system. You can buy shop in a district. If you invest enough money into a shop the stock value will go up, so it's smart to buy shops and stocks in the same district and invest in said shops. Around the board there's also the four suits(if you don't know them they're the spade, heart, diamond, and the club) which you can collect and head back to the bank(the equivalent of "start" in Monopoly) where you can level up and get money packs. You can also buy stocks at the bank so if you level up it's probably a good idea to buy stock.

There's a lot more to the game but I tried to keep that explanation as simple as possible. If you want to learn more about the game you can have a look at the MarioWiki page.

If you have heard of the game, then you're probably thinking "you can make custom boards for this?" Yes, you can. Fans of the game developed a board editor. You can download it here if you'd like. I'm not going to make a tutorial on how to use it though, other people have done those already and you can find them via Google.

I decided to make boards for this game again because Fortune Street is actually a really fun game, and it is very satisfying to play on a board of your own creation(and there's the fact that the editor at times can be hard to work with so if you have a working custom board, then congrats! You suffered through those problems.)

Here's one I just finished tonight. I don't know what I want to call it yet but if you have any suggestions then feel free to post.

Screenshot(in the editor) :
hzCu6la.png

Screenshots(in game via Dolphin) :
uARt5Oa.png

IwHcaCA.png

I have not fully tested out the board yet so I will not release it. The game didn't crash on the first roll which is usually a good sign. I also want to test actual console compatibility via Riivolution.

If you have anything to say that can help me improve my board design, then please say so. I'd like to improve in any way I can. I might also post some of my old boards when I'm not tired.

ayy I remember this game

Anyway, this sounds interesting. I might just download it when I'm on my laptop next.

Are you talking about the editor or my custom board?

If it's the former, then you really should look at a tutorial. While the editor itself and the process isn't that complicated there are some things that you should know before making a board.

If it's the latter, then, well, I haven't released it yet. :P As I said, I need to test the board to see if there's bugs that I overlooked or if there's an issue with the tile mapping.

Alright, so I decided to call that board "Face," since it kind of looks like a face to me. If you have a better name to suggest then feel free to tell me! And I did a test session of this board on a real Wii U console and everything seems to be fine, so you can download it here! If you find any bugs the tell me as soon as possible so I can fix it.

Also since I'm not tired and lazy now here's some of my older boards!

The Factory:
Screen(in editor) :
IVrUfze.png
Screens(in game) :
XhdB3RR.png

NUoPvyx.png

This was my first custom board I made. It may have some minor bugs but it is playable. The bottom part is the factory itself and the top part is the pollution, if you can't tell. :P

Download

O_0:
Screen(In editor) :
rJn1ZnA.png
Screens(in game) :
WbfWl5e.png

ZTcfoR8.png

I don't know what I had in mind when I was making this board. It's called "O_0" because that's exactly what it looks like. I think I may have left a small mapping bug in the island above so if anyone sees it please tell me.

Download

The Islands:
Screen(in editor) :
WfCjcL4.png
Screens(in game) :
WdGo8fo.png

sBTy8ar.png

IBX4ARv.png

The idea of this board was to make at least 4 "islands" on a single board utilizing all of the warp pads/warp pipes in the game's files. What you see above is what I constructed. It might not be perfect considering that there may be situations where a person can get stuck on an island for a long time but I did my best to put spaces at allows them to go elsewhere. Also every time I played this there have been really crazy games, so beware!

Download

9oCZbgj.png

This board is supposed to be a rough recreation of Mario's Rainbow Castle from Mario Party 1. I started making it a long time ago but I never finished it - And it still isn't if you look at the screenshot above. I will likely finish and release this board at the end of this week.

Hello !
I like so much this game ! And have news customs boards its really good !
Can you please make more of this king of Boards ?
You don't post the link for download "rough recreation of Mario's Rainbow Castle from Mario Party 1." and "The Hurt" in your first post.
Please can you post them ? and if you do new boards post them too :)
Really cool job

Erm, I did not post the downloads because at the time, both boards were not complete. The Mario's Rainbow Castle board is still not complete to this day but I still have the board file. I don't know where you got the name "The Hurt" from, but I believe that board was finished, but I don't know where the file is. If I find it, I'll either make a new post or edit the original post with the download link.

Ow sorry, i'm french, "the hurt" its cause of my bad english x)
More "The Heart", cause it looks like a heart <3
If you can finish them so... I'm going to download and tests them. I think you're the only person of the internet who create and post some custom boards for this game

I already test my boards to an extent before releasing them, but I suppose it won't hurt to have an extra person to help.

Also: I still haven't found the board file for "the heart," if I find the time and patience I may have to recreate the board entirely but that will be a very last resort option.

I need your help ! I have made a new map but it's doesn't work ! The Game freezing after some tour... i really don't understand why ! If you can see what happens with my map it will be good :(
https://www.mediafire.com/?drmhtu93hpv1bdn

If you finish them please give me, I use a modified wii which use usb loager for playing games, i don't use riivolution but i can put the file replacing the original one

Back