What type of new Mario character would you want to see next?

Which one would you want?

• Total voters

Dr. Peach

Rest in Peace Walkazo 1991-2016
Banned User
This thread is all about what new kind of Mario characters you want to see.

For me, I'd want to see a new princess and a new plumber for a little breath of fresh air. It's more interesting to see some new characters here and there instead of just seeing the same old.

I'd also want to see a new species of characters as well. That would add more variety.

There are probably about several thousand people out there screaming for Bowser's retirement and a new villain take center stage.

Made the changes to the poll to have an option for a new villain.

I don't want new Mario characters. There's so much they could do with the existing ones.

Threek said:
I don't want new Mario characters. There's so much they could do with the existing ones.

pretty much this, the sheer lack of involvement with existing characters is pretty disgusting.

Samus Aran said:
pretty much this, the sheer lack of involvement with existing characters is pretty disgusting.

Agreed. Even with this franchise's emphasis on little to no story (which I am perfectly ok with) I feel like they could still make use of several as either recurring bosses, friendly NPCs, whatever.

I was thinking the other day that it would be a good idea to have a female human character that has cartoonish features, kind of like Mario and Luigi. Not exceedingly ugly like female Wario (Shokora), but something that is clearly cartoonish like Mario and Luigi with a big nose and round eyes. Flurrie is the closest example I can think of, though that's not a human character.

Thanks for reading.

Mcmadness said:
Samus Aran said:

Agreed. Even with this franchise's emphasis on little to no story (which I am perfectly ok with) I feel like they could still make use of several as either recurring bosses, friendly NPCs, whatever.
One cool thing about Sticker Star was that it made Birdo an NPC. That was kinda neat. I want to see more things like that with characters like Daisy, Wario, etc.

I wouldn't want a new character if it's just gonna be put aside for certain games, like Waluigi, but I'd make a new villain. Not someone to replace Bowser, but an underling for comedic relief such as Lord Crump or Doopliss

Mcmadness said:
Samus Aran said:

well really ya dont even need more story, just some simple cut scenes with some characters, theres a lot you can do with just a little dialogue or even just interactions with no dialogue.

But idk, its something i want, but i dont know if nintendo will go there.

don't want any new mario characters, would rather see them reuse existing ones

I'd say new characters does give the Mario series a bit of fresh air. I mean, there could be another princess who gets kidnapped instead of Peach and a new plumber that joins Mario & Luigi in their business. There can even be a female plumber introduced into the series to make things even more awesome.

we already got another princess who gets kidnapped instead of peach in the recent years. it's called "sprixie princess"

and i hate the idea of introducing another plumber, especially when wario and waluigi aren't really used at all.

Wario was used in SM64DS but that was only once, Waluigi has yet to be used in a main series Mario game. Wario has his own series.

even so, there's absolutely no point into introducing another new character. we have a large cast of characters who aren't used, it's time we should use them

besides, when was the last time wario was in a platformer? like, a decade ago?

Leon Belmont said:
Wario was used in SM64DS but that was only once, Waluigi has yet to be used in a main series Mario game. Wario has his own series.

so is wario the main focus in warioware?

no, ashley is

The Mario series did overuse Rosalina too much and Daisy hasn't seen much more use like Wario and Waluigi. Waluigi only exists because of the Mario sports games and Mario Kart but he hasn't even appeared in a SINGLE Wario or let alone even a Mario game so far unlike Luigi and Mario.

By a new princess, I mean someone who is in the veins of like Peach, Daisy or Rosalina (if you could consider her one).

I would also rather see a new villain instead of Bowser, he always gets the spotlight and he always causes trouble, I mean shouldn't he get a break for atleast one or two games. It's not like he'll miss anything.

Leon Belmont said:
I would also rather see a new villain instead of Bowser, he always gets the spotlight and he always causes trouble, I mean shouldn't he get a break for atleast one or two games. It's not like he'll miss anything.

Mario games have next to no plot so there really isn't any good reason to replace the character lots of people like with some new guy who won't be around for very long.

Especially since Bowser usually only has like 10 minutes of screen time in most Mario games.

Not fond is introducing more princesses. Because how many monarchies does the Mushroom World need?

Back